Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodbye Flying Across The Map With Tipedo/bo Prime

Chr1st16n

Stupid to some, to others, a suit of power armor being strong enough to exploit centrifugal force and copter around is pretty awesome in itself.

The fact that it was unintentional originally and 'discovered' like flight in our world is also pretty awesome.

The Wright Brothers looked stupid at first to some I'm sure with multiple millenniums worth of humans coming before them not being able to fly.

When I was a kid, the only thing that would have made spinning something heavy around to get dizzy funner is coptering... for me. I'm sure my mother is on your side of that vote.

Again, it's still a stupid mechanic which even the dev's have now decided they dislike and it needed to go. As 'enjoyable' as it is, the dev's have found it gamebreaking and goes against their intentions. It doesn't matter how 'fun' it may be.

Maybe you should wait and experience parkour 2.0 before you say it being a failure that you may not be able to fling across the map with just those two weapons.

i was already skeptical when they announced Parcour 2.0 would slow you down compared to current coptering, but after seeing wallrunning is now basically a QTE that's gonna murder my spacebar like only Worms World Party was capable of. Oh im sure it's more comfortable on controllers (wink wink console versions), but i'm REALLY far from convinced at this point. two things that i REALLY dont like by the sound of it (overall slowdown and wallbunnyhopping with spacebar mashing) can't be made up for by fancy animations and jon-wu bullet time, at least not from the SOUND of it.

I guess i'll see tomorrow. But considering im also still highly skeptical about the new starchart and the monetized player progression overall, U17 may well be my last if this is as bad as i think it is. If not, brilliant. But i've seen this exact curve of things happen to three games now after a studio takeover and it'd break my heart to see it happen again, so i'm extra skeptical/salty about pretty much everything at the moment.

I actually can't wait to try the new system with Volt's Sprint ability. Would it help me ninja across the map as though I were playing "The Floor is Lava" or would it be too fast to control? Also my Zephyr + Bullet Glide, perhaps even adding Aviator mod to give a near invulnerable mode whenever I jump.

Tipedo + Clashing Forest stance is an absolute killing machine. Enemies are like frogs in a blender with this thing. It has speed and reach, and in the hands of Loki or Ash it is just murderously fun to use.

Guess I'll just have wait and see how the new system affects things. If I can be just as effective without the coptering, then this is still going to be my weapon of choice. If not, then that sucks because all the other melee weapons I've crafted are terrible by comparison.

Edited by Rebellis

i was already skeptical when they announced Parcour 2.0 would slow you down compared to current coptering, but after seeing wallrunning is now basically a QTE that's gonna murder my spacebar like only Worms World Party was capable of. Oh im sure it's more comfortable on controllers (wink wink console versions), but i'm REALLY far from convinced at this point. two things that i REALLY dont like by the sound of it (overall slowdown and wallbunnyhopping with spacebar mashing) can't be made up for by fancy animations and jon-wu bullet time, at least not from the SOUND of it.

I'm sorry have you ever tried the current wall running system?

At least this one will let you control your frame more than choosing when to blindly fling yourself.

Also if this new parkour system allows me to climb a ledge without flinging myself away from it 2/3 times then I'll be happy as Larry

Edited by WereFowl

Current system: Players can fly 50-100 meters by swinging a stick due to broken mechanics that have been stated aren't actually supposed to be how it works.

Movement 2.0: An attempt to replace coptering with something that makes sense, while also updating movement in general.

What people don't seem to realize is that Movement 2.0 can be and WILL BE updated. It's a new thing, unlike broken coptering that literally has nothing going for it besides the fact that it's currently the only way to keep up with the rest of your squad.

Now: Copter or you'll miss the entire rush.

Movement 2.0: Everyone moves at generally the same speed and you aren't picking Tipedo over your nice weapons like ScindoP.