Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Mod Slots For Weapons: Confirmed?

Twilight053

Now, we all know that Exilus is the utility slot for mods like Rush, but DE_Adam's Devstream Overview just said that "The Utility Slot will sit just beside the Stance slot."

Does this mean that Exilus slots also applies to weapons in general as well or is this just a mistype?

Edited by Twilight053

Now, we all know that Exilus is the utility slot for mods like Rush, but DE_Adam's Devstream Overview just said that "The Utility Slot will sit just beside the Stance slot."

Does this mean that Exilus slots also applies to weapons in general as well or is this just a mistype?

yea i saw it too yesterday nd started a thread. And they didnt change it so i'm guessing we get utility slot for melee at leastVF1v8.jpg

The 'first slot' term probably refers to the fact that you unlock that slot per piece of gear (be it frame or weapon), not once for all of them. Similar to potato'ing or forma. So you need some way to gain additional slots for additional gears.

yea i saw it too yesterday nd started a thread. And they didnt change it so i'm guessing we get utility slot for melee at leastVF1v8.jpg

Yeah, it says 'beside the Stance slot' but it also says that your 'first' Utility Slot will be tied to a Quest. That means we'll get more than one slot, maybe. 

i think its not aura or stance , its a new kind of mod that make your weapon change how it usually shoot to become more OP or broken than ever.

What? Nonono, it's just something they're adding to make our existing utility mods more relevant via Antitoxin(element-resistance mods), Acrobat, Enemy Sense, etc.

Hope that clears it up!

The 'first slot' term probably refers to the fact that you unlock that slot per piece of gear (be it frame or weapon), not once for all of them. Similar to potato'ing or forma. So you need some way to gain additional slots for additional gears.

I'm curious though with the term "unlock". Is that how they referred it to the other bits you mentioned? I mean I know like potato'ing, they/we usually say extend (I think that's what it says in the options menu?), but I'm curious if it's going to be similar to like forma; always available to get a blueprint and not event/alert tied like the reactors and such~

Or if it's just something weird, like conditions you need to do while leveling/post-leveling. If that then nevermind then hahah. Though, it would be funny you need to do affinity-like objectives to unlock it, despite having no rhyme-or-reason how logically you upgrade weapons/warframes hahah~

Yeah, it says 'beside the Stance slot' but it also says that your 'first' Utility Slot will be tied to a Quest. That means we'll get more than one slot, maybe.

no they mean first as in first frame. It's only on the warframe, and you have to get it separately for each one. DE commented on it already.

So for note, utility slots will only be for warframes for now as per: https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/624964790159544321?lang=en

Also the phrasing on the "You'll get your first slot via a quest" is bad phrasing, it means you get a... Something, that adds a utility slot to your frame. Afterwards you can add slots to other frames by getting more of that item through some new method, as per: https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/625775845974654976?lang=en

So in quick summary to clean up some of the questions:

Stance slot is most likely a mistype.

Only one utility slot per frame.

Only warframes get utility slots.

The utility slot must be added to each frame individually.

The utility slot will be home to mods that are not commonly used (with a few exceptions), such as handspring, rush, etc. Mods that have an affect on powers such as natural talent will not be allowed.

Edited by Acaelus

Let me point out that this'll be the "first" Exilus slot we can obtain.

Does that hint that there'll be more than one slot? Seems too good to be true to me.

They pointed out in the devstream that you would have multiple ways to obtain them with one guaranteed from a quest however there was a tweet from Steve saying that they would consider adding more after seeing how this one pans out.

I'd guess their wording in the devstream wasn't entirely accurate with their current plans for it.

So, maybe we'll get more. Though probably won't be considered until u18.