Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kiste - Mobile Defense. Lolwut?

Renekou

So today a friend and I were trying to unlock some more maps, and we ran across Kiste, in Ceres. 

Kiste is a mobile defense mission, two 3-4 minute defending the hacking station followed by one defending lost Orokin technology. 

That being said, we loaded up and got down to business. Then, swarmed. 

I'm talking wave after wave after wave after wave of endless brutality. Heavy Grineer Gunners, constantly made their presence far too clear, not to mention the newest irritation of mine.. the Grineer Scorpions. 

So now while I'm running around trying to defend the objective, I have to be temporarily stunned and pulled closer to the mosh pit of Grineer party-goers and I can't do anything about it but watch my shields instantly drain and my HP get chipped away at. 

I play Rhino, I'm a pretty beefy fellow. And I'm having to constantly move my slow butt across the course in hopes to find at least five seconds of relief to let my shields attempt to heal. Fat chance that that'll happen given that every time I turn around I'm pulled back into the mayhem. 

My friend roles as Mag, we're both pretty well maxed out and have extensive experience with Warframe and other shooters. This mission, is just ridiculous.

And all that is fine and well, until you get to the actual defense where your objective has an HP pool and you're too busy dealing with the hundreds of little guys, or the tens of large guys that one or the other will not have your attention and you just have to kiss that objective good bye.

We've attempted this mission several times now, some with four players, some without, every time it's the same end result. 

Sorry for the rant, but.. Grineer Scorpion + Heavy Grineer Gunners can ... go away.

I believe that now with polarization of weps and frames DE is upping higher level maps accordingly. Kiste was always for intermediate to advanced players, I think in a week after you've modded your weapons even more you'll be fine. I can't speak out of experience I was busy running Saturn Tethys to re-level my stuff after forma.

I'm now curious as to how tough kiste is now.

Sorry if my post is mistakenly saying the OP is not intermediate or advanced that's not what I mean... I simply mean DE may have increased the difficulty, and our formerly maxed weps and frames have not reached their highest potential yet.

Edited by sushidubya

As others have said, i haven't played since the update, a challenge is not necessarily a bad thing. You may have to change your playstyle to accommodate the higher difficulty, try rhino stomping a bit more.

this was the first mission i failed. :D three times. then good people from forums helped me. now i do it occasionally with top kills.

EDIT: there were tips thread in "players helping players". basically, it's guard the pod no matter what, share choke points as good as you can and bring efficient frames/weapons. excal/ash combo won't do.

Edited by fauxhb

I believe that now with polarization of weps and frames DE is upping higher level maps accordingly. Kiste was always for intermediate to advanced players, I think in a week after you've modded your weapons even more you'll be fine. I can't speak out of experience I was busy running Saturn Tethys to re-level my stuff after forma.

I'm now curious as to how tough kiste is now.

Sorry if my post is mistakenly saying the OP is not intermediate or advanced that's not what I mean... I simply mean DE may have increased the difficulty, and our formerly maxed weps and frames have not reached their highest potential yet.

No insult taken, I appreciate the insight and you very well may be exactly right. Been a long day of saving the universe, just got frustrated. haha

As others have said, i haven't played since the update, a challenge is not necessarily a bad thing. You may have to change your playstyle to accommodate the higher difficulty, try rhino stomping a bit more.

I agree, challenge is not a bad thing.. but I feel like I'm getting raped by the heavy gunners while the scorpions have me tied up. Not a fun time, in hind-sight it was an anger filled post done in the heat of the moment. As for Rhino Stomping, I'm sure if you run Kiste you'll see my foot prints embedded into the ground all over the place.

I hopped in with a pug to check it out.

Played a mag, with others playing frost, ember and loki. We stuck together for the most part.

I think the hp of mobs got buffed a little across the entire game, maybe 5%. Before, max crush +10% focus would kill most of the regular mobs in that mission. Now, they're all left with a silver of hp. Damage appears to be unchanged.

Spawn rate also seemed to have increased, with a total of ~550 kills across the entire team. I almost ran out of braton ammo, when I would remain fully stocked before. The ai will rush the console/pod more frequently, making for easy kills.

But still, everything melts with serration, multishot, ap etc. Neither the consoles nor pod took a hit.

*edit. tried again.

I might be wrong about the buff to hp. But the spawn rate definitely increased. Got almost 800 kills across the team.

Edited by Artaban