Excal Umbra Prime....musings.

Bitle

So....if i purchase a Chinese originator pack (founder)......can i get my umbra prime asset transferred :P

.....this is wishful thinking / musing post....just because i can....../equip flame resist mod

As the above pointed out, they're considered two different games, under the same name, so transfers of anything are pretty unlikely.

Also just as a side note it would likely be difficult to make an account, download the client, and purchase the content without living in China. While CWarframe might not do as such, most Korean/Chinese/Japanese games have certain restrictions to prevent people outside those area's from playing their games, and most use more specific payment methods.

As a little note though, we will be getting Excalibur Umbra after some time. It's been stated in DevStreams prior that CWarframe content will be exclusive to CWarframe for 30 days, after which point it's up to DE when they wish to release it to us.

Edited by Acaelus

yea well...musings ;) if i really...really wanted to I'm sure i could make the purchase but... (what company says no to money?) but then id have a 0 hours played Chinese account floating in cyber space with no access :P it does look nice though, and the regular (non prime) umbra excal that we may get available will probably look nice too....its probably gonna get my plat :)

yea well...musings ;) if i really...really wanted to I'm sure i could make the purchase but... (what company says no to money?) but then id have a 0 hours played Chinese account floating in cyber space with no access :P it does look nice though, and the regular (non prime) umbra excal that we may get available will probably look nice too....its probably gonna get my plat :)

I doubt it will be an issue of if they'll take your money. More likely you'll have to make a China account and it will be applied directly to your China account character on purchase. Even if they did issue you a code to input and you stuck it in your "normal" Warframe account, the files for the Umbra and exclusive items are likely not even in our build of the game yet. So at best you'd get nothing. At worst, you might flag something in the system and mess up your account.

No because then the founders will rage and the "buff excal prime" threads will take over.

To modify what Gimli the brave once said "Let them rot, why should we care?"

My point, founders or NOT. Why should the rest of warframe bend knee because a tiny group wants to kick and scream and throw it self on the carpet and have a tantrum over a shiny coin? I say let them throw a tantrum. SO WHAT? What are they going to do? Nothing. That's what.

To modify what Gimli the brave once said "Let them rot, why should we care?"

My point, founders or NOT. Why should the rest of warframe bend knee because a tiny group wants to kick and scream and throw it self on the carpet and have a tantrum over a shiny coin? I say let them throw a tantrum. SO WHAT? What are they going to do? Nothing. That's what.

The most practical reason for you to care?   Once you OK DE discarding the spirit of their agreement with the founders, and abiding only the letter - despite constantly claiming they wouldn't do that - you OK them doing the exact same thing to your and everybody else.

And it might be wise to note at this moment the only thing any of us have regarding these items is a statement, not even a promise.  If you're OKing them breaking promises, you're OKing breaking that one - and the practical upshot of that attitude can come back and bite you immediately.  They can discard that promise - you never get those items, and your can't even complain about it since you've OKed their promise breaking.

Edited by Phatose

The most practical reason for you to care?   Once you OK DE discarding the spirit of their agreement with the founders, and abiding only the letter - despite constantly claiming they wouldn't do that - you OK them doing the exact same thing to your and everybody else.

And it might be wise to note at this moment the only thing any of us have regarding these items is a statement, not even a promise.  If you're OKing them breaking promises, you're OKing breaking that one - and the practical upshot of that attitude can come back and bite you immediately.  They can discard that promise - you never get those items, and your can't even complain about it since you've OKed their promise breaking.

Also I'm going to say it, because i know im not the only one. But you founders have exclusive access to EXCALIBUR PRIME. That's it. NOT to the whole over arching damn frame and any and all content related to said frame. You only have say over you founder pack. Not Prima Excalibur, not umbra Excalibur, nor Umbra Excalibur prime, not Proto Excalibur, and not any other variations, permutations, or Versions. You get one thing and one thing only. Say over you version of Excalibur. That's it. Stop acting like you guys own the frame and DE has to ask your permission before doing anything with Excalibur.

Edited by Azur_Fenix

Also I'm going to say it, because i know im not the only one. But you founders have exclusive access to EXCALIBUR PRIME. That's it. NOT to the whole over arching damn frame and any and all content related to said frame. You only have say over you founder pack. Not Prima Excalibur, not umbra Excalibur, nor Umbra Excalibur prime, not Proto Excalibur, and not any other variations, permutations, or Versions. You get one thing and one thing only. Say over you version of Excalibur. That's it. Stop acting like you guys own the frame and DE has to ask your permission before doing anything with Excalibur.

Umm... WoW

It's apparent you feel rather strongly on this subject.

If it helps, I'd wager there are as many Founders who want to see a blinged-out version of Excalibur made available to all as there are those Founders that don't.

Your anger is pointed in the wrong direction though regardless...

A company uses the notion of a digital limited-time exclusive (can an oxymoron have an oxymoron?) and the bulk of the forums that cares about the issue chooses to vent their annoyance about it at the Founders instead of the company.

...And it's happened for years now. 

Roughly 7 out of 10 comments regarding Founders on these forums is derogatory and has been for years as well.

Many Founders have asked DE for years to create a new version, change the name and design of that frame and release it to the market... It's being done in China first instead. I don't question or even care why... I personally hoped it signaled an end to digital limited time exclusives.

Founders asked to make it tradeable...

Founders asked for a Blinged version to be made a skin...

IMO, I'd wager that most Founders have no more interest in the divisions than you do.

So with all due respect... I sure would appreciate it if you could pump your brakes on those "You Founders" comments.

...We aren't your enemy.

My only problem will be if they make this Umbra Excalibur Prime exclusive to China. That'll piss me off, because that'd mean that they're willing to offer an exclusive frame to China when they aren't willing to do the same for consoles. That'd be a double standard. If they make the Prime version (for now, I'm gonna assume there are too different versions, as a worst case scenario) exclusive to China, then imo, that's just pandering for the sake of money. So, I hope it's available to all.

As for a specifically-Founders issue, my problem is that they are willing to make a new primed version of an Excalibur variant, but won't take the time to update the models/textures of Prime frames like Excal Prime, Frost Prime, and Mag Prime. See the gold detail on Umbra Excalibur Prime (not talking about the gold crescents, but everything else on the body)? Excal Prime needs that, particularly the gold on his thighs and shoulder blades. Frost Prime needs more gold, and a better pattern, particularly on his torso. All three need more detailed textures (i.e. Excalibur Prime having detail on his helmet that lines his patterned lines - almost like lines etched into his helmet, or even gold lining those parts) and their patterns updated to be like the patterns of the other Primes. That's the main thing I want to see.

Why not make the Umbra released on the Global Build be "Dark" Versions of the original frames, and push the theme farther.  Make all of the Gold a Black Metallic for the Standard Color, and push red as the standard Energy Color.  I assume if they wanted to bring only a few, they could do Excal/Loki/Mag to fit the original starters of the live version.

Why not make the Umbra released on the Global Build be "Dark" Versions of the original frames, and push the theme farther.  Make all of the Gold a Black Metallic for the Standard Color, and push red as the standard Energy Color.  I assume if they wanted to bring only a few, they could do Excal/Loki/Mag to fit the original starters of the live version.

What would be the point? After PBR changes make all the "metal" parts dyable, you can just do that with your existing Prime frames.

My only problem will be if they make this Umbra Excalibur Prime exclusive to China. That'll piss me off, because that'd mean that they're willing to offer an exclusive frame to China when they aren't willing to do the same for consoles. That'd be a double standard. If they make the Prime version (for now, I'm gonna assume there are too different versions, as a worst case scenario) exclusive to China, then imo, that's just pandering for the sake of money. So, I hope it's available to all.

As for a specifically-Founders issue, my problem is that they are willing to make a new primed version of an Excalibur variant, but won't take the time to update the models/textures of Prime frames like Excal Prime, Frost Prime, and Mag Prime. See the gold detail on Umbra Excalibur Prime (not talking about the gold crescents, but everything else on the body)? Excal Prime needs that, particularly the gold on his thighs and shoulder blades. Frost Prime needs more gold, and a better pattern, particularly on his torso. All three need more detailed textures (i.e. Excalibur Prime having detail on his helmet that lines his patterned lines - almost like lines etched into his helmet, or even gold lining those parts) and their patterns updated to be like the patterns of the other Primes. That's the main thing I want to see.

Isn't updating the model agaimst the promises? They said they wouldn't *reskin*, rename or rerelease Excalibur Prime. And thats why they stated they aren't doing it?

What would be the point? After PBR changes make all the "metal" parts dyable, you can just do that with your existing Prime frames.

Because it's more about what the standard presentation is, rather than what it can be?  I see people fairly often make Excal look like Excal P with gold accent colours, and I have to take a double-take, but nobody honestly ever looks at the standard coloured excal and thinks, "Oh man, that looks like a Prime'd frame."  Hell, they could even take those parts and change them from the metal to something else from their PBR Library, which takes a grand total of 2 seconds.

Honest to god, I think it would be awesome if they made Umbra Frames be more like the idea of "Corrupted" Frames, in the same way Corrupted mods work.  I want a super fast Excal with lower armor and shields for melee.  I want a slower Loki with more survivability to act as a balanced frame in standard missions.  I want a mag that feels like a glass cannon caster frame.  Umbra can be so much more without making Founders panties wad up instantaneously.

Pretty sure I covered all that with "discarding the spirit of their agreement with the founders, and abiding only the letter", but thanks.

That said, you rather failed to mention anything showing you recognize why encouraging such behavior could be a problem.

Consider, for example, this not implausible move:  The new umbras come to the global build.  They can't be farmed, nor bought - the only way to acquire them is be a chinese founder who also plays the global build, and to enter your chinese citizen ID on a form on DE's webpage.  No one who isn't a chinese founder can acquire it.

Doesn't contradict anything the literal truth of anything, DE has ever said, just the spirit. (see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/495235-changyou-warframe-images-faq/, note that it never speaks of being able to acquire these items.)

See why encouraging this behavior can be a problem for you personally?