It's Simple. Just Make A Long-Term Log In Reward System

Jamescell

For a while people have complained about the failure of the daily reward to do its job (which I might add it really fails to do). I'm more motivated to log in to Warframe just by impulse than receiving the daily reward because the reward is always horrible. 

There's an easy way to improve the daily reward system. Make a 100-day or 360-day login reward progression. The further someone is the better their reward choices (or perhaps only have one choice so they don't get screwed over missing better rewards on certain days). However, players should only lose progression for missing two days in a row and there should be an allotted time per year where players don't lose progression at all.

Say for example I go on vacation for a month and that the allotted leniency time was exactly a month. I wouldn't lose progress with the daily reward if, after the day after I came back, I logged in. 

Once players reach the 360 or 100 day cap of the reward they are given a pool of unique/significant rewards that will reward them based on RNG. This system would actually motivate players to keep logging in whereas the current system does not. 

i'd feel obligated to log in if it worked like this which i dont want. if it was like this i'd literally log in and then quit right away on days i dont want to play.  So nah.

That is the point of a daily reward system... -_- Regardless of whether players play it gets them on the game which encourages them to play.

Another good system to look at is what Firefall does. Basically each day gives you a better benefit. It starts with a 10 minute XP boost, and then goes on to longer and more powerful XP AND resource boosts. Also add in some other sweeties like a bit of credits. 

This system will ultimately be useless to "mastered" players though. Those that have everything they would ever need unlocked, formad and fully ranked. But I believe those are such a small portion of the player-base that it would still be a sensible system to implement. 

Also, if they do intend to keep weapon specific affinity drops, at least make them tokens that you can use them whenever you need them. 

Another thing is that Steve has straight up said that the login reward system "needs to die", his exact words. He specified that he wants it changed to something far more useful. 

That is the point of a daily reward system... -_- Regardless of whether players play it gets them on the game which encourages them to play.

no one is going to want to login for a whole year straight or even 100 days. like i said id just logoff right away defeating the purpose of encouraging people to play more.  Logging in for a second isnt the intent of the reward system.

Edited by Dillon_J

For a while people have complained about the failure of the daily reward to do its job (which I might add it really fails to do). I'm more motivated to log in to Warframe just by impulse than receiving the daily reward because the reward is always horrible. 

There's an easy way to improve the daily reward system. Make a 100-day or 360-day login reward progression. The further someone is the better their reward choices (or perhaps only have one choice so they don't get screwed over missing better rewards on certain days). However, players should only lose progression for missing two days in a row and there should be an allotted time per year where players don't lose progression at all.

Say for example I go on vacation for a month and that the allotted leniency time was exactly a month. I wouldn't lose progress with the daily reward if, after the day after I came back, I logged in. 

Once players reach the 360 or 100 day cap of the reward they are given a pool of unique/significant rewards that will reward them based on RNG. This system would actually motivate players to keep logging in whereas the current system does not. 

No, many players just come online for updates complet the content and play afterwards other games.

The rewards should be better for new and old Players to encourage login:

Higher affinity for warframe and weapons (enough to trigger a level up until Level 15)

remove blueprints

add 4 hours affinity and resource boster

2 rare resources or dozend uncommon

Void Keys (tier 4 on higher Login Count)

Edited by (PS4)Prisma144

I think login rewards should scale to the player's level/mastery/total playtime/something.

I'm MR18, I have most items maxed and well-modded, I have a seemingly endless supply of resources and credits, I can Forma a weapon multiple times in a day... yet I login and get sentinel affinity and 1k credits. When I was a starter player, I thought that was great. It's just not great now. I'm not saying we should get good things every day. Just better things that are more valuable according to our current position in-game. Still, if nothing else then at least we are getting a small freebie, so I can't really complain.

I'd like it they also extended the time frame your platinum discounts lasted and gave you the option to ditch one days plat reward so you might get one the next day.

Take the hint DE most people will not buy platinum for any less than 50% you greedy so and so's...

That aside, I would like a longer term login reward, at the moment Isell the BP rewards (As I already have all of them) or I get a bit annoyed at the uselss xp ones.

As for the forma and orakin stuff - Ha! Only ever had a few forma.