Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So The New Kurbrow Seems To Disarm Enemies.

-Onyx-Phalian

With the recent post showing the new Kurbrow in a set of armor, it states that the new Kurbrow can disarm enemies and "retrieve the spoils of battle". now I don't know if this is a disarming Carrier Kurbrow or if it does one item at a time or gives ammo from disarming enemies but I believe I can speak from all Kurbrow fans when I say that this Kurbrow sounds FREAK'N AWESOME!!!

I have to say more power to you. I am just a dog person so I think it's cool to have a ninja dog at our side but I can not deny the power of Sentinels. 

Eh as much as I like the idea of a space dog, the sentinels are far more useful and do not require a costly (and forced) upkeep. Every time I see updates on them I hope and pray for the update to make them actually useful and not a time/money sink.

Edited by (PS4)B3tusHammer

Eh as much as I like the idea of a space dog, the sentinels are far more useful and do not require a costly (and forced) upkeep. Every time I see updates on them I hope and pray for the update to make them actually useful and not a time/money sink.

Kubrows are far stronger and have better abilities than all but one sentinel(carrier). The only downside is the upkeep, I personally think they are worth it. The amount of credits necessary to keep them alive for a month can be made in a few hours of play. Compared to when they were first released, I would say the hole they leave in my pocket now is not so wide.

Edited by Shreiko

Kubrows are far stronger and have better abilities than all but one sentinel(carrier). The only downside is the upkeep, I personally think they are worth it. The amount of credits necessary to keep them alive for a month can be made in a few hours of play. Compared to when they were first released, I would say the hole they leave in my pocket now is not so wide.

I agree, it's well worth the upkeep cost. Then again I have about 4,000,000 credits so I have to buy at least 40-50 DNA Stabilizers to make even a bit of a dent in my wallet. 

For me personally it's not so much the cost nowadays, but the system behind it.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind some auto-consumable dog feed which 'degrades' by 1 every day (kinda like argon, but only if you have an active kubrow) to keep your furrball happy and alive.

What I am not too eager about is shooting them up with some wonky drug because normal feed is unavailable or that useless Ordis addicted the furrball to the drug during incubation, and you NEED to apply that drug or freeze the furrball during the daily reset to keep it healthy.

There is already little which actually allows you to 'bond' with it like you would with a pet (I have 3 cats so I can know), so little stuff like that is already enough to discourage me from using kubrows as normal companion.

That 3h unfreeze time doesn't really help either, for that matter.

The retriever function is something people have been suggesting for Sahasa Kubrows for quite some time. I don't think it's important enough to build a whole new Kubrow around it. 

The Disarming part sounds nice though. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Hell, I wouldn't even mind some auto-consumable dog feed which 'degrades' by 1 every day (kinda like argon, but only if you have an active kubrow) to keep your furrball happy and alive.

What I am not too eager about is shooting them up with some wonky drug because normal feed is unavailable or that useless Ordis addicted the furrball to the drug during incubation, and you NEED to apply that drug or freeze the furrball during the daily reset to keep it healthy.

There is already little which actually allows you to 'bond' with it like you would with a pet (I have 3 cats so I can know), so little stuff like that is already enough to discourage me from using kubrows as normal companion.

I didn't even think about the whole drug thing... I would love to be able to just gather food on earth from Feral Kubrows... That'd be much nicer than constantly having to buy DNA Stabilizers

Also I hate that unfreeze timer.... I don't have much time to play since I work a lot which means even if I unfreeze my Kubrow as soon as I get on, I'll have to leave long before it's able to be used

Edited by (PS4)MoonDemonAngel

I agree with you on this. The system is indeed tedious and doesnt even seem to be in place to drive up plat sales and usage. The genetic foundry is very primitive in its UI design and needs a full overhaul on its systems to improve quality of life.

i would so love that. one more day to find out!!!!

Yes but that would basically be a better version of Carrier so we shouldn't assume that it would be like that. DE has been pretty good at making sure each companion has a distinct function and I don't really see them changing that any time soon. 

The retriever function is something people have been suggesting for Sahasa Kubrows for quite some time. I don't think it's important enough to build a whole new Kubrow around it. 

The Disarming part sounds nice though. 

Agreed. A whole new breed just to bring the loot to your feet... Meh. And the Sahasa is still much better IMHO. No need to retrieve anything with them, they just dig up the goodies any place, any time.

Yeah. I wish it was more "feed your loving doggie" than "keep the poor failed lab experiment alive by injecting it with a DNA stabilizer"...

So there was whole $hit 4$storm how all pesant sentinels should have glorious power of carrier vacum and Scot said that they were thinking of adding it to all sentinels, but than it would defeat purpose of carrier *cough* one sentinel compared to 5 others *cough* - so they left it as it is.

Now DE are releasing carrier like kubrow... they didn't learn anyithing.

Oh, when was the last time some one saw player activly using any other sentinel besides carrier(prime)?

Yes but that would basically be a better version of Carrier so we shouldn't assume that it would be like that. DE has been pretty good at making sure each companion has a distinct function and I don't really see them changing that any time soon. 

no i meant was like i wanted it to pick up everything not just the items it killed you know. But you do have a point ill give you that.