Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Equinox (U17 Megathread Topic)

[DE]Danielle

fPy9FgY.jpg

A new Warframe emerges, Tenno. Harness the day or night for an offensive or defensive edge with Equinox. Discuss Warframe's newest addition here! 

Base Stats: 

Power Strength - 100%

Power Range - 100%

Power Efficiency - 100%

Power Duration - 100%

Sprint Speed - 1.00

Shield - 120

Power - 150

Health - 120

Armor - 100

Av7aDyh.pngConclave 12 l 500

Equinox's Powers: 

Power 1 - Metamorphosis: Switch forms between Day and Night.
             Day-Form: Grants bonus damage and speed.
             Night-Form: Grants bonus shields and armor. 

Power 2 - Rest and Rage
            (Day) Rage: Enemies in a small targeted area become vulnerable to damage.
            (Night) Rest: Enemies in a small targeted area are put to sleep. 

Power 3 - Pacify and Provoke
           (Day) Provoke: Increases the Power Strength of nearby allies.
           (Night) Pacify: Reduces damage dealt by nearby enemies.

Power 4 - Mend and Maim 
          (Day) Maim: Nearby enemies are bled and then subjected to a wave of slashing force.
          (Night) Mend: Allies are healed with each nearby enemy killed.

*PLEASE NOTE*
The above thread is for feedback only, if you have a bug to report please post them in the U17 BUG REPORT MEGATHREAD. Thank you!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

U17 MEGATHREAD NAVIGATION: 

(Coming soon) NEW QUEST: NATAH  l NEW WARFAME: EQUINOX l PARKOUR 2.0 l URANUS TILESET EXPANSION NEW WEAPONS l NEW MODS FROST REWORK l SHOTGUN BUFFS CONCLAVE CHANGES AND ADDITIONS 

I wouldn't mind if Equinox had the ability to change into one of it's forms in Lisets and Relays, or to start the mission as a certain form for those who only main one of it's forms. - Like a button in the appearance tab, or an alt skin that comes with it since both models are already in the game.

Because I really like the Night Equinox style. But i'm not such a fan of the other forms. Just a thought.

Edited by Latiac

you can control the starting color based off of the intensity of energy color, similar to chroma and his abilities. Darker colors start you in the night form, and vice versa, according to the last devstream.

I was mainly asking about the forms outside of missions but thanks for the heads up on the energy colour.

I wouldn't mind if Equinox had the ability to change into one of it's forms in Lisets and Relays, or to start the mission as a certain form for those who only main one of it's forms. - Like a button in the appearance tab, or an alt skin that comes with it since both models are already in the game.

Because I really like the Night Equinox style. But i'm not such a fan of the other forms. Just a thought.

See below. Just quoting you so it should show up in your notifications.

you can control the starting color based off of the intensity of energy color, similar to chroma and his abilities. Darker colors start you in the night form, and vice versa, according to the last devstream.

Anyways, Equinox looks awesome -- there are quite a few potential builds here, especially differing between the level of mission (full out slaughter in lower level missions with Power, Range and Efficiency and the 4th skill), to pure Support (CC, healing and PStr buff), to a nice mix of CC, damage resistance and damage output.

Personally, once I get to play U17 (which is 4 days and 6 hours from now -- and counting), I'm going to build her for Range and Duration to abuse the hell out of the sleep thing, with a touch of Power Strength for the quick buff at the beginning of a match for my teammates (Rhino, looking at you), and a bit of AoE helping out my teammates when stuff gets rough.

Going to mainly use the Dark form -- dat cloth physics.

IF this is true THANK YOU DE! for not putting, yet another new Warframe behind a RNG grind fest mission. Hell still haven't gotten the time to go and get mesa or chroma. Its a shame really :/

...By making it a boss fight, it is a RNG system...

IF this is true THANK YOU DE! for not putting, yet another new Warframe behind a RNG grind fest mission. Hell still haven't gotten the time to go and get mesa or chroma. Its a shame really :/

It is a RNG grindfest though, there's EIGHT parts all dropping from one boss.

Edited by Zeromanicus

There's always someone complaining. 

Hydroid was the most RNG-walled non-prime frame where you had to drop random balls from rare enemies with rare balls among the ball types and craft a key to fight Vay Hek and still risk getting a repeated part. 

THen the quest frames came around, and people complained because they took  too  long to craft and whatnot. 

This is just-a-frigging-boss-fight-on-a-plain-node, like most frames are. To me, it's a breath of fresh air. The old is the new new. 

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

...By making it a boss fight, it is a RNG system...

Yeah but it won't nearly take as much time it is to complete the Quest missions for Limbo, Chroma, Or Mesa. Honestly I preferred the old way we got warframes. I understand the creation of the missions, but I don't like being forced to have to get through them just to get a part of the warframe to make them. 

It is a RNG grindfest though, there's EIGHT parts all dropping from one boss.

I didn't know about that actually, (then again I don't really mind that) like I said before I preferred the old way, I prefer that then having to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the warframe. 
Edited by Bestfly

Yeah but it won't nearly take as much time it is to complete the Quest missions for Limbo, Chroma, Or Mesa. Honestly I preferred the old way we got warframes. I understand the creation of the missions, but I don't like being forced to have to get through them just to get a part of the warframe to make them. 

The straight quest system wasn't that bad. Sure, Mesa is terrible, but that is because it relies on RNG.

Needlessly long crafting time for the Aspects. Expect more feedback in 6 days when I finally have built it.

Yeah, each of the aspects should only have 12 hours build time, and the final frame should have 3 days as normal.

That way it sums to 4 days -- 12 for the parts, 12 for the aspects and 3 for the final frame assembly.

But whatever, there's new stuff to try out while it's building.

I know equinox has only been out for a few hours now but I think that the metamorph passives should be constant, I prefer night over day power wise but it's kind of lame that i've got to swap constantly to keep my buff up. Anyone else think the same?

I am seriously dissuaded by the way Equinox is built. Well, look who's forced to buy another frame due to intense amounts of grind.

I have no idea where DE said they want to reduce the grind in exact quotes so I'll leave that alone but the fact remains that the two most recently released frames are a grindfest with Chroma requiring other frame parts and now Equinox requiring 8 parts in total and a damn FORMA. Who's idea was it to make Equinox almost just as, if not more, grindy than Chroma?

Edited by LazerSkink

I haven't had a chance to play her yet, but I was already a little disappointed with the gender-bent concept, but that's because it's totally throwing off the sense of symmetry the game has had for me thus far.

I get that Equinox is supposed to engender the tenet of Balance for the Tenno, but did we really have to make this a cross gender, rather than a Female suit that simply is a balance of itself? I feel a suit like this should have been saved for the final, non-prime, suit release (number 25, neither male nor female, ahhh symmetry).

Honestly, I feel a genderless suit that can change between genders, is less embracing balance than it was meant too.  Balance is supposed to be the harmony of two discordant opposites working in compliment to one another.  This suit embraces the idea of Polar Opposites being two sides of the same coin, but not balanced.  If they were balanced, you could use all of their powers without transformations, because they would be in harmony. Instead, you must take only one form or the other, an act of imbalance.

TLDR; Thank you DE for the new suit and your dilligence, but I think you should have dedicated it to being fully female, or wait to release it as the final "Odd Suit Out" #25.

I haven't had a chance to play her yet, I was already a little disappointed with the gender-bent concept, but that's because it's totally throwing off the sense of symmetry the game has had for me thus far.

I get that Equinox is supposed to engender the tenet of Balance for the Tenno, but did we really have to make this a cross gender, rather than a Female suit that simply is a balance of itself? I feel a suit like this should have been saved for the final, non-prime, suit release (number 25, neither male nor female, ahhh symmetry).

Honestly, I feel a genderless suit that can change between genders, is less embracing balance than it was meant too. Balance is supposed to be the harmony of two discordant opposites working in compliment to one another. This suit embraces the idea of Polar Opposites being two sides of the same coin, but not balanced. If they were balanced, you could use all of their powers without transformations, because they would be in harmony. Instead, you must take only one form or the other, an act of imbalance.

TLDR; Thank you DE for the new suit and your dilligence, but I think you should have dedicated it to being fully female, or wait to release it as the final "Odd Suit Out" #25.

She IS female. She can represent a male form, but is still female. If a woman puts on a tux and dress pants, does she turn into a dude?

She IS female. She can represent a male form, but is still female. If a woman puts on a tux and dress pants, does she turn into a dude?

She is supposed to be female, but the gender dis-morphia between her Day and Night forms is too great to simply be "Tomboyish" as you imply. A slender woman would maintain her slender physique whether she wore a fitted tuxedo or an evening gown.

I've tried to see it from your point of view too, that the Day form could be female, but then I remember what was said during the dev streams about Equinox has feminine qualities but it's supposed to represent the ultimate balance of opposing natures.  Like the Taijitu (Yin Tang symbol), there is harmony and balance between light/dark, male/female, good/evil, etc. The Devs intended for the Day form to be male in keeping with the design philosophy.

She is supposed to be female, but the gender dis-morphia between her Day and Night forms is too great to simply be "Tomboyish" as you imply. A slender woman would maintain her slender physique whether she wore a fitted tuxedo or an evening gown.

I've tried to see it from your point of view too, that the Day form could be female, but then I remember what was said during the dev streams about Equinox has feminine qualities but it's supposed to represent the ultimate balance of opposing natures.  Like the Taijitu (Yin Tang symbol), there is harmony and balance between light/dark, male/female, good/evil, etc. The Devs intended for the Day form to be male in keeping with the design philosophy.

First of all, you're kind of conflating gender and sex. This is kind of a failing of language, but someone can identify as female regardless of the shape of what the shape of their body or their sex.

Also, dysmorphia is the wrong term here, I think you're instead referring to sexual dimorphism. Like gender, dysmorphia is entirely mental and internal, not something you can have insight into simply by looking at someone.

Also also, Equinox's day and night form have completely identical bodies. Flip them while looking at the back, the physique is completely unchanged. There's additional bulk on the arms, neck, chest, and shoulders in the day form but that's likely armor since the physical build is the same. And finally, feminine and masculine isn't the same thing as female and male. A female frame could easily represent both masculine and feminine and still be female. Frankly I think the combined and night forms are actually too slender, unnaturally so, and the day form is the only one that appears to be healthily proportioned, but that's a different subject entirely.