Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Equinox (U17 Megathread Topic)

[DE]Danielle

There are a lot of attachment bugs for Equinox's. For instance both of the Kyroptera Syandanas float behind Equinox's head in day form. Many of the older Syandanas have their back attachment inside the back of the day form. I don't think the mounting is accounting for the backpack thing on day form. Also many badges expand in size on Equinox's shoulders.

First of all, you're kind of conflating gender and sex. This is kind of a failing of language, but someone can identify as female regardless of the shape of what the shape of their body or their sex.

Also, dysmorphia is the wrong term here, I think you're instead referring to sexual dimorphism. Like gender, dysmorphia is entirely mental and internal, not something you can have insight into simply by looking at someone.

Also also, Equinox's day and night form have completely identical bodies. Flip them while looking at the back, the physique is completely unchanged. There's additional bulk on the arms, neck, chest, and shoulders in the day form but that's likely armor since the physical build is the same. And finally, feminine and masculine isn't the same thing as female and male. A female frame could easily represent both masculine and feminine and still be female. Frankly I think the combined and night forms are actually too slender, unnaturally so, and the day form is the only one that appears to be healthily proportioned, but that's a different subject entirely.

Excellent response, I'm sorry I'm responding slowly.  My original post was turning into a literary tirade mincing the difference between sex/gender/etc. So to summarize:

Yes, you're right, I meant sexual dimorphism.

I understand that sex is differences between Male and Female, and that gender is the difference between something that is Masculine (identifies as male) and Feminine (identifies as female). For many years the two terms have been used interchangeably, except by linguists or fanatics.

The Day form is male, like a fraternal twin, he is similar to his twin sister in many ways, but his gender betrays his sexuality in a manner unlike other female warframes that possess an opposing gender to their sexuality (the masculine Valkyr or Mesa).

Also consider what was said about the Equinox's features during the devstream where it was first highlighted.

I understand the frame has three forms, two of which are more female/feminine than the third, so by reason of majority, Equinox should be/is female. I just wish her Day form conformed to this femininity, or that DE just saved this for a last hurrah as the 25th and odd suit.

Two bugs i've noticed so far.

1 - Sometimes after you've set weapons to not appear when they're not used they stay invisible when you switch to them. 

2 - Using Equinox my Kryoptera Syandana (The dual long flappy ones) bugs and floats about a foot off my back and i have to recast an ability to get it back into place. 

Other than that, really enjoying Equinox so far. Am LOVING the new axe and shield meele stance. 

-Note, i did not notice other people have mentioned similar points -_-

Edited by Tigane

Personally I've found a pure range build to be my cup of tea. The only place I personally lose out, rly, is on Night's 3rd. It uses SO MUCH ENERGY. I'd love if, instead of becoming stronger the closer enemies are, it could scale with how many enemies are affected. If I'm gonna have an ENORMOUS area's worth of enemies draining my energy, I expect some really good buff out of it

Otherwise, Mend/Maim works just fine with only range and no power strength. It might be different if running solo though, having a party really helps

Excellent response, I'm sorry I'm responding slowly.  My original post was turning into a literary tirade mincing the difference between sex/gender/etc. So to summarize:

Yes, you're right, I meant sexual dimorphism.

I understand that sex is differences between Male and Female, and that gender is the difference between something that is Masculine (identifies as male) and Feminine (identifies as female). For many years the two terms have been used interchangeably, except by linguists or fanatics.

The Day form is male, like a fraternal twin, he is similar to his twin sister in many ways, but his gender betrays his sexuality in a manner unlike other female warframes that possess an opposing gender to their sexuality (the masculine Valkyr or Mesa).

Also consider what was said about the Equinox's features during the devstream where it was first highlighted.

I understand the frame has three forms, two of which are more female/feminine than the third, so by reason of majority, Equinox should be/is female. I just wish her Day form conformed to this femininity, or that DE just saved this for a last hurrah as the 25th and odd suit.

Yeah, sorry if any of my reply seemed patronizing at all, I totally didn't mean to. Just wanted to make sure I covered all the bases just in case.

I was under the assumption that Equinox is a single entity, so the day and night form are just two aspects of the same individual who is female (since that was the original concept for the frame). Also, again, sorry if this sounds nitpicky but sexuality is the wrong term (you probably mean sexual or gender identity). But as any genderqueer person will tell you, one's gender expression doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their identity. It doesn't matter how masculine an individual looks, if they say they're a woman then they're a woman because that's how gender identity works.

Edit: And you know what I should probably leave some feedback about the frame as well.

In general I like Equinox but I feel like (let's just say) they aren't quite up to par with a lot of other frames. I'm not sure if it's by design or if some simple buffs could solve the problem. I'm just going to go down their abilities.

Metamorphosis: 2 seconds is a particularly long delay for the length and strength of the buffs received. Honestly I think there should be a weaker persistent buff based on the form in addition to the buff after transforming to help the forms feel more different.

Rest and Rage: Needing a target feels weird for both abilities. It seems as though they could have easily been aimed and just affect all enemies in the area. Also, the area of effect feels crazy small to the point of them basically being single target abilities. Finally, know it's supposed to be a danger to use but I feel like Rage should at least stagger enemies when hit. Like, even half a second or something, anything.

Pacify and Provoke: This is really where you start to feel the "not as good as other frames." Rest and Rage seems like very little effect compared to other abilities but Pacify and Provoke even more so. It's not that the effects are so terrible, but they both raise the question of "that's it?" when used.

Mend and Maim: A lot of people have brought this up, but unless I'm missing something it seems as though Mend is an extremely weak ability. If it really is only a heal then it's a much less efficient option than almost any other. And while Maim is very effective for its brief stun and damage at lower levels, but it scales into higher levels very poorly, even worse than many other damage abilities.

Edited by Cursor

ok, I must say that i'm liking Equinox a lot. All of the abilities seem to work out fine you me, except one. Night's 4th or ult.

while Day's ult is doing constant aoe damage while you have it on and building it's big bomb of doom, while not really doing much, Night's ult is that you have to collect damage yourself to build a heal bomb.

My first problem is the fact the roles are kinda different. Day is being passive while Night is being active. Yet again, i don't have a problem with Day, but with Night, reason mostly on my next thing.

While Night's ult is a heal bomb, it still needs to build with some required attacks. Trinity, you can heal tennos with a press of one button on one of 2 skills she has. Also, i can place a heal pad faster than what is required of me to do damage. For a heal, Night's ult isn't that effective and not really quick in preforming heals to others in a moment's notice. I'm in Day mostly so I can do the aoe damage, which is very effective. When some one is hurt badly: I have to switch sides, press night's ult, go around doing damage to build enough to heal someone fully, and fail to heal someone since they died before i can have some effective healing.

If it was up to me, I would change the ult to have constant aoe healing. Best example would be Hydroid's undertow augmented for healing. similarly, I would have the ult continuing to do heals within an aoe field around Night. The amount of the heals would be small (and may cost extra energy. But with the 3rd, you can drain a lot of your energy in almost no time.) and for the consideration of the idea of a heal bomb, I would actually change it to an energy bomb that is built up on the amount of healing you have done with a % indication (meaning, you can only get a certain % of the total healing to restore energy). Example: like you would get 5% energy restored for the 1k health you healed. 

Night is rest, passive. Having my changes that i have noted would probably make Night's ult more sync to the ideal that she is suppose to habor.

anyway, that's my only thought on Equinox so far. Thank you DE for all your hard work in making U17.

Metamorphosis: 2 seconds is a particularly long delay for the length and strength of the buffs received. Honestly I think there should be a weaker persistent buff based on the form in addition to the buff after transforming to help the forms feel more different.

Rest and Rage: Needing a target feels weird for both abilities. It seems as though they could have easily been aimed and just affect all enemies in the area. Also, the area of effect feels crazy small to the point of them basically being single target abilities. Finally, know it's supposed to be a danger to use but I feel like Rage should at least stagger enemies when hit. Like, even half a second or something, anything.

Pacify and Provoke: This is really where you start to feel the "not as good as other frames." Rest and Rage seems like very little effect compared to other abilities but Pacify and Provoke even more so. It's not that the effects are so terrible, but they both raise the question of "that's it?" when used.

Mend and Maim: A lot of people have brought this up, but unless I'm missing something it seems as though Mend is an extremely weak ability. If it really is only a heal then it's a much less efficient option than almost any other. And while Maim is very effective for its brief stun and damage at lower levels, but it scales into higher levels very poorly, even worse than many other damage abilities.

From the Devstream, I believe they mentioned that there has to be that time window for the frame to change forms, simply just cause the game needs to process it. It sux, but I think it has to be there. I dunno about the buff though, I don't switch often.

Rest/Rage: I feel that if Equinox didn't have to stop on every cast it might feel better. Mobile casting, imo, should be the way to go. Otherwise, the aiming feels pretty forgiving to me.

Pacify/Provoke: I completely agree. It just feels like a huge energy drain. I mainly use night form with a max range build, and it just sucks away every bit of energy I have so quickly, and with little effect. Personally, I stay away from this skill, on either form. The drain at least needs a cap, imo

Mend/Main: I kinda agree. If I wanted a healer, I should have played Trin. It needs a bit more to it. Maybe If enemies had accuracy dropped? idk...

ok, I must say that i'm liking Equinox a lot. All of the abilities seem to work out fine you me, except one. Night's 4th or ult.

while Day's ult is doing constant aoe damage while you have it on and building it's big bomb of doom, while not really doing much, Night's ult is that you have to collect damage yourself to build a heal bomb.

My first problem is the fact the roles are kinda different. Day is being passive while Night is being active. Yet again, i don't have a problem with Day, but with Night, reason mostly on my next thing.

While Night's ult is a heal bomb, it still needs to build with some required attacks. Trinity, you can heal tennos with a press of one button on one of 2 skills she has. Also, i can place a heal pad faster than what is required of me to do damage. For a heal, Night's ult isn't that effective and not really quick in preforming heals to others in a moment's notice. I'm in Day mostly so I can do the aoe damage, which is very effective. When some one is hurt badly: I have to switch sides, press night's ult, go around doing damage to build enough to heal someone fully, and fail to heal someone since they died before i can have some effective healing.

If it was up to me, I would change the ult to have constant aoe healing. Best example would be Hydroid's undertow augmented for healing. similarly, I would have the ult continuing to do heals within an aoe field around Night. The amount of the heals would be small (and may cost extra energy. But with the 3rd, you can drain a lot of your energy in almost no time.) and for the consideration of the idea of a heal bomb, I would actually change it to an energy bomb that is built up on the amount of healing you have done with a % indication (meaning, you can only get a certain % of the total healing to restore energy). Example: like you would get 5% energy restored for the 1k health you healed. 

Night is rest, passive. Having my changes that i have noted would probably make Night's ult more sync to the ideal that she is suppose to habor.

anyway, that's my only thought on Equinox so far. Thank you DE for all your hard work in making U17.

Again, agreed. Not sure if I agree with adding a heal over time before a heal bomb though, needs one or the other.

I don't remember who said this isn't RNG but wait, it is! I pray to RNGEEZUS everytime I do Tyl Regor and to what avail? I did more than 60 runs and I am short on one piece (Day aspect blueprint). I don't really dislike having to farm the parts like this instead of a long, boring, and hard quest.

Yet I feel like this repetitiveness its killing my appetite for this frame and I am seriously thinking of letting the so far obtained pieces in my armory to rot. Why? Because farming 60+ runs of the same boss, same mechanics, same enemies (and oh god I hate the latest policy of enemies: manics everywhere. It seems that if you want to make a fight hard, add manics. That will suffice), is NOT fun. Especially when there are 8 pieces that drop from the same boss (12% chance of getting what item you want, instead of the already low 33%).

And again, let's say you get each piece on each run, that still sums it up to 8 runs which is still repetitive. If this is a trade-off to the so much hated quest frames, then I would prefer doing a quest to get a frame rather than spending days farming the same mission over and over to get the same pieces over and over and not getting what I really need.

How to fix this? it's rather simple! The game detects what parts you already have and drops what you don't have. Sure this will make it so easy that everyone will have every frame. But in the end, isn't that the purpose of the game? Is the purpose of this game to restrict the players from getting what they want in such a manner that the people who do have time and money would feel "upper class" to the "low class scrubs"? If that is the case then I am disgusted. And if this isn't a good fix, then I am sure DE could come up with a GOOD way of doing this without making the game either too easy nor too hard. I have faith in DE who didn't disappoint so far. 

Thank you.

Edited by Dragosh12

Will give feedback on this after a week when I'm actually done farming and building all the parts, lol. ;P

Visually the new frame is absolutely amazing and feels perfectly in line with the aesthetic of the game, while still adding something new and almost alien, like those awesome Sentients. :D

The powers seem very interesting from what I have seen in the last Devstream, but will give more feedback when I actually play it.

That solstice helmet looks amazing too. :)

From the Devstream, I believe they mentioned that there has to be that time window for the frame to change forms, simply just cause the game needs to process it. It sux, but I think it has to be there. I dunno about the buff though, I don't switch often.

Rest/Rage: I feel that if Equinox didn't have to stop on every cast it might feel better. Mobile casting, imo, should be the way to go. Otherwise, the aiming feels pretty forgiving to me.

Pacify/Provoke: I completely agree. It just feels like a huge energy drain. I mainly use night form with a max range build, and it just sucks away every bit of energy I have so quickly, and with little effect. Personally, I stay away from this skill, on either form. The drain at least needs a cap, imo

Mend/Main: I kinda agree. If I wanted a healer, I should have played Trin. It needs a bit more to it. Maybe If enemies had accuracy dropped? idk...

Again, agreed. Not sure if I agree with adding a heal over time before a heal bomb though, needs one or the other.

I know that HoT (healing over time) doesn't sound good, but it is actually very helpful and useful. I have a Hydroid with 2 augments, the undertow and tenticles ones. The undertow healing has been really over used from me and others, the problem with it was that it wasn't mobile. Everyone had to come to me and stand in an area. If the ult had HoT on it, it would definitely change things for a real good amount.

The HoT on Hydroid's undertow would drain additional energy when healing tenno, so I had the tent augment to do additional loot rolls to get more energy orbs to restore my stocks. So, i'm kinda hoping that there will be no additional energy cost if Night had HoT. (I do at least suggest playing Hydroid with the augments. I can solo so much with him and survive the hardest missions. Beat the lvl 100+ interception event missions with him no problem.)

The heal bomb is something that I have to look down on a lot. I do like how you can build up more points to do more heal, but that takes up too much time of which tenno don't have when they need heals in the now. if the ult had like HoT and then the heal bomb, then it would work, but that doesn't feel right in so many ways. I suggested a % of energy restored to give it an edge and a reason making you want to keep the ult up for you and your squad. I do know I could charge up the heal before hand and so on and so on, but you want to be going between night and day for different benefits. I honestly can say that I would rather be doing Day's ult more than anything, because that's where the most benefits come from... and I don't have to use the bomb at times.

Let's start with its appearance. I hate it. All and everything about Equinox appearance is wrong. It doesn't even looks like a warframe, it looks like some cheap bonus character from 3rd rate all-ages indie game made by beginner artist. Weird head. Thin disgusting body in the Night form and bulky unbalanced lego hero in the Day form. Inappropriate clothes. Spiky shoulders in Night form. All the other warframes had just a few flaws like beawer tail or weird outgrowth, but some of those are bearable because you can hide some of them using cosmetics. I really like pre-Zephyr warframes design, those warframes feels complete and right. Equinox feels like some rude joke. 
Its abilities are fine, so nothing espesially interesting. But that's really good, because I don't want to see that warframe ever again after I'll finally level it up to the rank 30. 

Edited by Folren

having used equinox a bit, it kinda feels like the night form ult (mend) would benefit from applying a minor healing aura similar to the day form ult (maim) but smaller chunks of hp healed than maim hurts. both of the explosion aoes from mend and maim feel like they should be bigger but that might just be a preference from me.

both pacify and provoke should have slightly larger base aoes as the size they are is not really conducive to high movement missions but feel like they should be.

rest and rage are both only-casts-when-directly-aiming-at-enemy skills and would benefit from some leeway on that if possible and maybe an increase on the base aoe range.

last but not least, it feels like metamorphosis should have reduced transition time with increased duration and have increased transition time with reduced duration. the idea being to speed the process up if you have duration+ or slow it down if you have duration-.

So ive been playing around with Equinox and shes quite fun so far but she feels a bit stiff when swapping between her forms. Pacify & Provoke and Mend & Maim should also change to thier counterpart when Equinox uses Metamorphosis. Futhermore Mend & Maim should also use the same kill pool rather than two seperate. Its a problem when im building up a Maim but then see one of my allies about to go down and then have to change form, kill some dudes and then heal them because most of the time it takes to long. Her theme is switching forms to suit the situation and playing her would be alot more fluid if Pacify & Provoke and Mend & Maim also swapped when Metamorphosis is activated. Especially since you cant cast any abilities during Metamorphosis. The time on her casting animations are also fine but being able to move while casting her abilities would also help more with a smooth experince.

Rest & Rage could use a small increase in the radius it affects enemies in or atleast just the rest part as its hard to hit a swarm of enemies that is spread out.

Edited by Ory_Hara

having used equinox a bit, it kinda feels like the night form ult (mend) would benefit from applying a minor healing aura similar to the day form ult (maim) but smaller chunks of hp healed than maim hurts. both of the explosion aoes from mend and maim feel like they should be bigger but that might just be a preference from me.

both pacify and provoke should have slightly larger base aoes as the size they are is not really conducive to high movement missions but feel like they should be.

rest and rage are both only-casts-when-directly-aiming-at-enemy skills and would benefit from some leeway on that if possible and maybe an increase on the base aoe range.

last but not least, it feels like metamorphosis should have reduced transition time with increased duration and have increased transition time with reduced duration. the idea being to speed the process up if you have duration+ or slow it down if you have duration-.

thank you for saying something about the Night's ult. In fact, that's pretty much what I just said not to long ago.

Finally got Equinox to rank 30. I've been holding off on commenting until now, so let me get into it.

Equinox is a really good Warframe, and it's a concept I personally wanted even before it was officially a thing. I have a few suggestions, however.

Firstly, lets talk about Metamorphosis. I really think that the passive buff received from swapping forms should finish out its duration when you swap back. Having a 20 or 30 second buff that only lasts 5 or 10 because you need to use Mend and you're in Day Form is a real hassle. Keep the buff in play once triggered, regardless of form.

Now, Rest & Rage. I don't use these two abilities. I think the AoE on these abilities is too negligible. My suggestion would be to increase the AoE of these abilities heavily, and make them unable to be reused until the duration runs out. I'd prefer to use them once and then be locked out of them until they are finished instead of spamming them on what is essentially single targets. I think that in theory the application of these abilities are great, but having to cast them so many times feels like a pain.

On to Pacify & Provoke. I don't have many quips with these. Both versions are very useful and I love that they can be toggled on without draining energy until they start going into effect. They have some intense drain (especially on Pacify) once they come into play, but that's to be expected from something with the effect these abilities have. I like both, I use both, and I think this one is fair.

Finally, I'm gonna move on to Mend & Maim. Maim is great and it works well. I kind of felt like the way Maim functions would have been a neat solution to Saryn's Miasma, but that's an entirely different topic. Mend however, is the real issue with Equinox's ultimate. As others have said, it needs to heal a little bit while it runs. The thing about healing abilities is that when you need them, you *need* them. Currently, with the way Mend works you need to either run around with it draining energy until *maybe* you need it later or you've got to cast it in a panic situation and actually get kills when everyone has low health just so you can hit everyone with the big heal. This means you're either wasting energy by preemptively casting it and running around waiting for someone to get hurt, or you're casting it once things have already gone sideways and you don't really have enough time to store up damage for a big enough heal.

Overall, Equinox is a very useful addition. Personally, I don't feel like it's a very "fun" warframe to play because of the way everything functions, but it has a lot of utility and it really shines in high level play. There's just a few issues that it might benefit from having worked out a little bit. Healing on Mend, larger AoE on R&R instead of spamming, and persistent passives on Metamorphosis. 

I've been playing Equinox since  her release, so far i enjoy the gameplay and her look but :

- I really like her sleep ( the finisher opener is a good idea, it allows new playstyle imo) but it lacks range. If it chained after each enemy killed or with moderate range I'd love it.  Especially in T4 (Endless) missions.

The same goes for Rage but i dont use it  so much. (just wondering : does it affect enemies fire rate or just how fast they move ?)

- I find  the Provoke buff to be too weak and  the energy drain of Pacify too strong

- Night's ult need some tweaks to make it viable, It's too situational to support other team members. I like the Energy restore / healing aura/ damage reduction posted above. Anything is better than this

Day's ult is fine for me.

( btw thanks De for the Update, i'm really enjoying  parkour 2.0 ) 

Edited by Guizp

Upon seeing the update, I was actually squealing out of delight while I watched Equinox's Profile vid for 2 general reasons: I see Equinox as a genderfluid frame and the abilities are interesting af.

I really want to thank DE for giving us this frame. My rainbow heart is immensely happy despite amount of Caitlyn Jenner/gay jokes flying all over the place which is totally unnecessary. Due to my confusion on which pronouns to use for Equinox, I started using they/them/their. I might end up using he/she during day/night forms but whatever, I love Equinox.

Ability-wise, I'm quite disappointed that we can't simultaneously use day/night abilities after form shifts (watching an enemy sleep then go nuts would be funny). I also think it's quite hard to them up when unranked since Metamorphosis doesn't really do much... I ended up joining a defense mission via recruitment channel but what if I was a newbie and I decided to buy Equinox immediately? I don't think I'd want to know.

Some of the things I'm feel neutral about are:

- Rest & Rage being a single target ability (I don't really want to rely on augment mods to achieve a different effect on this)

- Not sure about this but it seems like Pacify consume a little too much energy

- Mend probably needs some tweaking as well. An AoE effect similar to Maim's slash proc, perhaps? I'm feeling quite ambivalent about this. I actually like running around, eliminating enemies so I give out a large amount of health but then again, what else can Mend do?

Edited by PantheraOmicron

So after ranking Equinox up and playing around with it I feel that while it's not a terrible frame and an interesting concept overall, it really falls into the pitfall of "Jack of all trades, Master of none".

It has an impressive array of abilities but they're all pretty much outclassed by similar ones on other frames and since 2 of Equinox's abilities are designed for team support that's a big issue, as most teams would prefer to take other frames instead for a better composition. 

More specifics and a few suggestions:

Metamorphosis:

The Day buff is pretty good but the Night one is too weak- the Shield bonus is small while armor is not something you would want to mod the frame for considering the fairly low base value. The other issue is that you need to spend 50 energy to reapply the same buff and the casting time is quite lengthy.

Aside from improving the Night form (better shields and maybe improved shield recharge instead of of armor?) it might be a good idea to keep the buffs on while in the corresponding form, replacing the current (rather useless) passive with 2 alternating ones.

Rest&Rage:

Both versions have a very limited AoE so they're effectively single target abilities which immediately raises the usual issue that there are few single targets in the game worth spending 25 energy on. That aside the 2 versions, essentially copies of Frost's and Nova's abilities both have their uses but will obviously be outclassed by the originals. A larger AoE effect would go a long way at the very least.

Pacify&Provoke:

The Night version is decent defensive buff but it's ultimately outclassed by Trinity. The Day version is very much outclassed by Rhino's Roar. I do like the idea of a power with modular energy costs though. 

Mend&Main:

The Day version is pretty good, having both a CC and a damage component and can function as a decent AoE nuke once fully charged. The Night one is rather underwhelming and is again, outclassed by Trinity.

Right now Equinox has no niche it can fill effectively. It can do a lot of things but none of them particularly well and as such there's little reason to pick it instead of other frames. Just going by the above description, a team made of Frost, Nova, Trinity and Rhino would fare much better than having any of them replaced with Equinox. 

Edited by NDroid

Posted this in another thread, might as well put it here too :P

I used to play her with a max range build. but since then have decided to try just stretch, with more power strength

Rest/Rage: Ever since I got rid of Overextended, I stopped using these. I could only get maybe 2 enemies at once, even with stretch. I'd say increase the base range a bit to help out. Also, does anyone use Rage? Rest is the only one that I find myself using of these two

Pacify/Provoke: The energy drain on Pacify is so much better without so much range, and the power strength makes her surprisingly Tanky. However, I still find this to be THE skill to suck away all my energy. I think something needs to be done with that...And I hardly use Provoke, but I do keep it active every once in a while when in Day form

Mend/Maim: Maim is perfect, imo. If not for Maim, I wouldn't even change forms. Mend, however, does need something passive. I'm totally against Heal Over Time, though. If you're going to charge up a heal bomb, there should be other ways of improving ally survivability. Perhaps give it a good shield regeneration, it ignores the delay from losing health to regenerating shields, and allow it to go into Overshields. Losing the delay for shield regeneration would allow allies to soak up a more damage if being shot multiple times.

Edited by EchoesOfRain

Mend/Maim: Maim is perfect, imo. If not for Maim, I wouldn't even change forms. Mend, however, does need something passive. I'm totally against Heal Over Time, though. If you're going to charge up a heal bomb, there should be other ways of improving ally survivability. Perhaps give it a good shield regeneration, it ignores the delay from losing health to regenerating shields, and allow it to go into Overshields. Losing the delay for shield regeneration would allow allies to soak up a more damage if being shot multiple times.

Shield regen over time... not bad. I don't think it fits well with the yin yang idea, but it does give one a thought process. So, I can't really agree with this. In fact, all I have to do is stay out of an attack for a few seconds and then it regens completely. If we went by your idea, you will probably be restoring a small number of shields before it's completely restored and then going into overshield. And due to the fact that no frame skill goes into overshield on a base skill (including mag... she has to get an augment for the oveshield), this ability more than likely will be augmented. The fact that it may be augmented means that there is a probably additional cost to go into overshield. In otherwords, you may be spending a lot of energy before you can do helpful healing. All your energy will be wasted on the First line of defense, the shields, of which would be in constant attack. Of course, I wouldn't be the one to decided that, but that's probably the idea outline of what may happen.

question, have you done heal over time before? As far as everyone else that has posted on this thread, I only see you not liking the HoT idea. A good amount actually likes the HoT idea and have rephrased it in their own way.

But all in all, everyone so far has said the same thing about 2 of the abilities: Rest/Rage needs better range and Mend/Maim needs to be reworked. The other 2 abilities vary from person to person, so it kinda says to me that it's somewhat fine.

question, have you done heal over time before? As far as everyone else that has posted on this thread, I only see you not liking the HoT idea. A good amount actually likes the HoT idea and have rephrased it in their own way.

If Mend were to have a HoT, it would have to be strong enough to compete with Maim's stun. From my experience, Maim is an amazing CC skill, since it can be re-applied easily (Basically a recastable Banshee Silence). If Mend were to have a meaningful HoT, then there's no point in using the Heal Bomb. On the other hand, Start up Mend, get a couple kills, and boom everyone fully healed up. There's either no point in the burst, or no point in the passive. Maim does this perfectly though. Start up Maim, get the stun going, and by the time the stun is over you should be able to nuke almost everything and recast.

Basically, Mend should be an ability that you should by constantly cycling through for the passive AND the burst, not just one or the other

EDIT: I'd also suggest  a small energy regen over time as a passive idea to Mend. Not completely sure though, that might be stepping too far into Trinity territory

Edited by EchoesOfRain

... my Hydroid can heal over 200 hp per tick with the build he has... even with the tent loot augment. With the current build that i have on Equinox, I'm expecting my healing would be similar if it was a HoT. If an Ally has around 1k hp, then they will be completely healed in 5 seconds (going by the fact that his hp was at 1 point left). And now you are comparing it with a CC skill even though the skill was never meant to have CC. You say there isn't a point for the Burst, yet there was a point when i wanted the burst to restore energy (think cycling power over and over again). This would invoke one to re-apply the ability over and over, because it's not just you that will get energy restored, but allies in the AoE of the skill. Downfall, you will be losing more energy than restoring energy...maybe. And in a post i said before, I only gave an example to promote the idea, not an estimate of how the skill would actually play out.

Well, either way, I'm going to stop getting on your bad side EchoesOfRain. I'm probably getting you more frustrated with each post I do. It's even showing in your posts that you are getting more frustrated.

Edited by AkemiStar