Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Equinox (U17 Megathread Topic)

[DE]Danielle

Only grip I have with Equinox is how Pacify ends up being rather meh because not only you need to be in a certain range, but even if you increase her range you need to be nearly at point blank to make full use of the damage reduction (but this is very inconsistent, since some enemy types seem to drop their damage more at the same range that others barely drop the damage), and for some reason it feels like that the damage reduction is capped at 75%?
That and she doesn't reduce the damage from all damage sources, this might be a bug, but she doesn't seem to reduce the damage from Arid Eviscerator (getting hit with Pacify at point blank gave the same damage as without it), and maybe other enemies I'd guess.

I'd say she's better off without the whole "the closer you are, the bigger is the damage reduction" and simply apply the same reduction to every enemy in range, even if it meant applying a cap at around 80% (if the cap doesn't exist already).

Edited by Sorrow0110

Overall we got - crappy looking, but efficient Day Form that is upgraded version of Ember with some unique features and stylish cool looking Night Form that is nerfed to unusability Trinity without anything special to talk about.

+1

And it's kind of sad that "Maim" alone already makes Equinox better than poor Ember.

I did a quick test and it looks like efficiency mods don't work on Pacify.

175% power efficiency 10 enemies  450 energy -> 0 energy ~1 min 40 s.

100% power efficiency 10 enemies  450 energy -> 0 energy ~1 min 40 s.

Can anyone test this? Maybe I did something wrong.

I asked about this long ago [url=https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/500774-equinox-pacify-energy-efficiency/#entry5602944]here, but nobody seemed to care enough. I can confirm that power efficiency has no effect on pacify.

There is an easier way to test this. The base ability is 0.5 energy per enemy. So allow 2 enemies in your pacify and if you know how to count seconds properly, you should get 1 energy drain per second. Now slap on Max efficiency, and you'll see it still drains 1 energy per second still. Or If you put on max blind rage for negative efficiency, it will still be 1 energy per second.

Edited by Tarror

But the common rule is to use whole numbers.... in short 0.5 is a lie and it's 1 energy every time.

Actually, that is incorrect. If you do a little test by allowing 1 enemy in your pacify, you will see that it takes 2 seconds to drain 1 energy, thus verifying that the drain is indeed 0.5 per second for 1 enemy.

I like Equinox, I have been playing mine a lot since the update, but there are some things I think could make it a lot better. Right now the biggest complaint everyone has is that Night Form does not seem to be an effective damage mitigator or healer, leaving us with little reason to switch to Night form at all. But there are a couple minor issues that affect both abilities as well. 

1) Metamorphosis. The two second delay punishes you for switching forms, when people already feel little reason to do so. The duration on the ability is so short that even with a duration build, you would have to switch back a lot to stay buffed in any form at all. And you are punished if you decide to shift back and forth a lot, because of the two second delay.

Suggested solutions:

Either making the delay before you can use abilities shorter, or make the duration longer, or better yet both. 

2) Rest/Rage. For the most part I think this ability is in a good place, because it really doesn't cost much energy to use, but I still think the secondary effect radius is just too weak. At 2.5 meters it's hardly worth it even with Overextended and then you destroy your power strength. 

Suggested solution: Make the secondary effect radius slightly bigger. Not a hug buff, just a couple more meters or so would be nice. If this makes it a little too good, you could make it cost 10 more energy for balance. A rest/rage skill that costs 35 with a five meter secondary effect radius would be fair and balanced imo. 

3) Provoke is okay. Pacify is not. Provoke drains energy from squad members using abilities and gives them a power strength buff, otherwise it costs nothing except upon activation. This skill works as intended. 

Pacify is not an effective damage reduction ability at all. It doesn't mitigate damage to squad, it causes enemies to do less damage, and it only works if they are within range of your aura. This means anything with a ranged weapon that's outside your laughably small affect range can still hit you just as hard, and probably one shot you because you are a caster with no defensive stats. When it does reduce enemy damage it drains for every single enemy within the aura. Even with a Trinity this can cause your energy to go from full to oh no! within in absurdly short space of time and it isn't that great a skill, because it caps at 85% reduction of enemy damage. And if you use Overextended + Stretch (about the only way to make it have enough range to be halfway effective), then you will need a maxed Transient Fortitude, Intensify and a several ranks Blind Rage (which destroys the efficiency of your channeling build) to get that max reduction and still have an effective aura. In short, this skill just doesn't work as an effective damage reduction ability at all. 

Suggested solutions: Make the aura actually mitigate damage done to squad members, as long as they are within your aura. Have it drain energy per second any time a squad member within the aura is taking damage, and have it drain per amount of squad members in aura. Tweak the energy drain numbers as appropriate for game balance. 

4) Mend. Maim is fine for the most part and really doesn't need a chance, but Mend just feels like an incomplete ability to me. I have tried to test it on several occasions, and since it turned out healing defense objectives was a bug, I have been able to find no use for the huge extra heals at all. It only takes an enemy dead or two to heal the whole squad, making the health bomb feel kind of wasted. 

Also, Day form has a cc component to the ultimate, but Night form does not. And Night Form arguably should have more cc, because she is the frame who is supposed to be the healer/damage reducer, and not the dps/power strength buff role. 

Suggested solution: I've though a lot about what could be added to Night to give her that extra cc/something to her ult to balance her so she is as good at what she does as Day is at what he does. Well, I was thinking possibly an impact proc, or even a puncture proc because it causes enemies to do reduced damage (so it fits the theme), but I also am not sure about that because Night is not a damage dealer at all. 

So, for solutions I suggest: 

Some form of the Rest affect that hits enemies within her aura. Balance when/how they wake up as necessary in comparison to Rest in order to make it balanced. If she gets a stealth kill on a rested enemy while in mend (whether it was from ability proc or casting 2) then it will give a very small percentage of health of enemy killed back to squad members. 

When it comes to health bomb, I suggest giving us some kind of overheal or overshield when we build up and use a ton of heals. Even if it fades over time, it would make the skill feel more complete and give us more reason to stay in Mend for a little while and actually use it like Maim. 

+1

And it's kind of sad that "Maim" alone already makes Equinox better than poor Ember.

Actually her Night form is an amazing close-range brawler if you forgo stretch mods. She has ample close-range CC, excellent damage reduction, and synergizes really well with a QT+Rage build.

Metamorphosis has modding issues with duration, as her 3 and 4 have no duration, so you simply don't use it.

Swapping looses your mend and maim, so its just not worth it even if the duration was increased.

Rest/Rage - Rest is fun to use, looks cool, range a touch lacking but that's fine,  Rage is just outclassed by nova Mol prime in almost every way, I don't really consider it worth the cast time, but I suppose its nice to use on boss mobs.

Pacify/Provoke is okay but needs a buff, it adds less damage than TE mirage, Roar Rhino, the other 5 frames Augments etc perhaps if it also added 25-50% +dmg.   Pacify drains too much energy and conflicts with modding, as it needs Range and blind rage to work effectively, reduce the energy drain but keep the modding conflict to stop the OP :)

Mend/Main - that 2 second cast time that stunlocks your warframe is really really annoying, I have died so many times stuck in that stupid animation because I forgot to cast it in the air!!

Main is amazing - A huge step in the right direction for warframe powers

I love the way it scales with the player, with enemy level and with player damage output, the split damage stops it from simply room wiping every 2 seconds like Absorb and antimatter drop.

Mend was amazing when it healed defense objectives, it had a reason to heal for so much, because defense objectives have high HP! Now its just a sub par heal that has a huge setup time, prevents you from using maim and is quite frankly outclassed by equipping a 4 point life strike mod on a melee weapon.

perhaps adding over-shields to the team?

perhaps healing for 1% of the damage every second for 60 seconds?

perhaps simply leeching health from enemies dealing toxic damage like maim, and using a fraction of this to heal.

mend debuff could heal you for a % when you shoot things under its effect?

equinox is awesome, the only change, and I would REALLY like to see this, is either reducing the swap time down to .5 seconds, or removing it completely.

it feels really slow and awkward to change between day and night and I think it would flow a lot better if the delay was shortened.

I think its telling that the frame it is reported to do better at certain things is Ember of all frames. 

Equinox is a frame you want to love but might have trouble admitting its somewhat "fixed" Ember with a Trinity that would occur if DE really used "Nerf Trinity" as a policy. 

My co-op partner bought this frame for Plat (against my advice) and...I am glad I didn't. 

Straight to the point; the TL;DR version: The Night Side is terrible. Really, really bad. In fact its useless. She never even uses it. Now, do Ctrl+F and search for 'My Recommendation' (no quote marks) to skip the long explanation in the middle.

Or:

Longer version:

Equinox's Day side may as well be the ONLY side. Buffing the power of other frames around it. Sure. Why not? Stun locking every enemy in a room for seconds on end just by, well...being there? And here you thought Peacemaker was bad? Have you met my friend Maim?

Run into a room of armored enemies with Equinox with a Saryn in tow. The result: What Enemies?

The Day aspect of Equinox is powerful indeed. Even if the bleed proc does not kill enemies outright - and it often does not - it certainly buys considerable time. For escaping. Setting up other damage methods. Whatever you need, Maim can help you out. And combining it with Provoke, well...that's a considerable bit of powerful there.

Now, contrast this with the Night Aspect. Go on; take a look. 

Yep, that's right: Useless. 

I mean, Night can put a target to sleep. One. Target. Excalibur can blind whole crowds. Loki can, well...be Loki. Irradiating Who-Needs-CC-that-isnt-me. 

And Mend? I dont think this game has a more worthless Ultimate than this. I mean...deal damage now (through other, Non-Ult means) and get healing later when you, maybe, need it? And in order to accomplish this you CANNOT access Maim at all?

No, thanks. Seriously, no. That's...terrible. I would literally rather pop a healing pad under my feet than use - more less rely on - Mend. A healing pad is better than Night's ULTIMATE ability. Think about that.

Seriously, she's useless. 

Night needs a buff. First:

-Two Words: Area. Effect. (Insert 'of' in there somewhere). That's what Rest needs: AoE. Without it, Rest is useless. 

-Pacify: Change the way it drains energy. Instead of a per-second drain, have it reduce the overall energy pool by 50% while active. Or by 100 energy. Or make it duration based. Do something, cause...its pretty useless as is.

-Mend: Scrap it and start over. I know, I know; everyone else wants it fixed. But ask yourself this: Are you REALLY going to make a heal that tops Oberon, more less Trinity and Blessing?

No. No you arent. So why bother?

Here is my recommendation for what Equinox should be: 

1 - No Changes.

2 - Pacify/Provoke:

-Provoke is unchanged

-Pacify: 50 Energy. Radius of Effect:

-Enemies within the radius are pacified for 10/20/30 seconds. They will neither attack nor sound alarms; instead they wander in confusion.

-Pacified enemies flee in fear if attacked.

3. Rest/Rage:

-Rage - 50 Energy: Equinox sends out a fire blast to rival a solar flare:

-Rage deals 100/200/300% of damage taken so far in a 10/20/30m radius.

-Damage split between Blast and Fire; guaranteed blast proc

-Knockdown to enemies within 10m; stagger up to 30m

-Enemies suffer Radiation proc for 4/6/8 seconds after Blast (Solar Radiation)

-Rest: 50 Energy

-Equinox puts enemies in 10/20/30m radius to sleep.

-Sleeping enemies take Finisher damage from Melee attacks (or Stealth bonus if Finisher is not applicable)

-Sleeping enemies will awaken if attacked and not killed, or knocked down. 

-If awakened, sleeping enemies will be confused for 2/4/6 seconds after waking.

Maim/MANIPULATE:

-Maim: Unchanged

-Manipulate (Replaces Mend) - 25 Energy; 5 energy drained per second:

-Darkness can fool the Eyes, Tenno.

-Enemies within a 10/15/20m radius of Equinox suffer a -50/-75/-100% penalty to accuracy and hit chance (melee). 

-Darkness impedes reload time for enemies, increasing it by 10/20/30%

-Darkness slows enemy movement speed by 10/15/20%

-Darkness grants Equinox and nearby Tenno a 10/20/30% increase to Stealth damage

Augments:

-Pickpocket - Rest Augment: Sleeping enemies or enemies hit with a Rage Blast have a +50/75/100% chance to drop loot when killed (I would buy this right now, and the Frame)

-Nosferatu - Maim/Manipulate Augment: 10/15/20% of Melee Damage dealt to Maimed, Manipulated or Sleeping enemies by Equinox or other Tenno is restored to Health. (And she keeps some healing, on the Night side, more in keeping with a damage dealing, mystical Ninja)

-Infernal Equinox - Pacify/Provoke Augment: Provoked enemies will run in fear when attacked; Pacified enemies suffer +25/50/75% damage.

My opinions:

Metamorphosis:  I can stand with the 2s duration, However, as the buffs are degrading with time, and are not able to stack after changing forms, I think the cost should be cheaper eg 15 energy, as it should be encouraging players to switch more often in battle.

Rest and Rage: No problem for me. Many people complain about the range of them. I don't think they need it. It's an ability about target prioritization. If rest is treating like Radial Blind then it is surely overpowered. In fact, I think Radial Blind is already in the margin.

Pacify and Provoke: Most people are having problem with pacify. Some think that the damage reduction should be applying on teammates directly. I WHOLE HEARTLY DISAGREE. I think they are missing a point that, damage reduction on teammates are capped at around 95% (as I heard). However, as this damage reduction is applying on the enemies, it can (technically) stack with other damage reduction that are applying on tenno, therefore resulting a much much stronger damage reduction.(Unless they also capped this)  This 2 skills require positioning and careful energy maintenance which are the reasons I like them a lot. I think other frame's ability should have this kind of direction too.

Mend & Maim: As a frame that themed as balance, the 4th skills of her don't show it at all. Maim is very good - too good to be honest while Mend is indeed require a lot of work to be utile, which I agree with the others that the work is too much. Let's compare what the 2 skills does below:

Maim: 

Slash damage

stagger

Follow with the character

store the damage done in range and emit in a huge nuke.

Mend:

Follow with the character

Store the damage done in range and emit in a huge heal, if teammates are in range.

Maim is doing 4 things altogether while Mend has only half of it effects (by comparing the similar ones)

When I use Maim, I feel like doing a catwalk as enemies being stunned and I kill them like a breeze together with the slash procs.

When I use Mend, I have to carefully position myself and done enough damage myself, and deactivate it in a right place to benefits my teammates.

Mend might be Okay in solo, be is too hard to use in a team, because when you see teammates losing health, it's usually in a heat of battle. Even if you have casted it in advance to deactivate it immediately when teammates are injured, it's hard for you to store up the damage because

1. Enemies are still shooting you in their best conditions.

2. Extra damage won't results in extra health, so casting it in advance is not conservative for your energy.

Thus I'd suggest making 2 simple changes:  

1. Just switch the Long Stun from Maim to Mend, while keeping a short stagger in Maim. Thus Maim is not OP and Mend can be used more effectively.

2. Give some benefits for the extra stored up damage for Mend. Overshield, extra armor etc. Don't make the extra damage wasted.

All in all I like her very much.  The only necessary change for me is reducing the energy cost for 1th, and those I mentioned just above for 4th.

Pacify and Provoke: Most people are having problem with pacify. Some think that the damage reduction should be applying on teammates directly. I WHOLE HEARTLY DISAGREE. I think they are missing a point that, damage reduction on teammates are capped at around 95% (as I heard). However, as this damage reduction is applying on the enemies, it can (technically) stack with other damage reduction that are applying on tenno, therefore resulting a much much stronger damage reduction.(Unless they also capped this)  This 2 skills require positioning and careful energy maintenance which are the reasons I like them a lot. I think other frame's ability should have this kind of direction too.

What you heard is wrong. I've tested Pacify extensively, and used it a few times in high lvl survivals, and found that I'm better off not using it a all. Here's what I found during testing.

100% Strength = 50% dmg reduction

175% Strength = 72% dmg reduction

256% Strength = 81% dmg reduction 

Sounds good? But here's the problem, those numbers are if the enemies are attacking at point blank. The further the enemies from you, but within range, the less reduction you get. Here's a sample of an enemy shooting around 15-25m. This is with Stretch mod on.

100% Strength = 22% dmg reduction

175% Strength = 47% dmg reduction

256% Strength = 54% dmg reduction

Also, multiple damage reduction debuffs probably don't add up additively, but multiplicatively, therefore not as effective as you'd think. Same as Link and Blessing.

Edited by Tarror

Ok.

Finally finished building it :takes around a whole week!!!

Even put a forma in it, so I played with it for quite some time

In the end, for me it's just another press 4 to win, with a nice twist tho.

The twist being that the mechanics of Maim discourage spamming in favor of careful planning and even positionning.

It's a great mechanics: it's interesting, it's not complicated, it rewards active gameplay and it scales. 

BUT, and there's always a but, and a big one

The rest of the frame ability kit is...how to put this nicely...lackluster

1. First and foremost, you are discouraged to switch between the 2 forms: 

- Because of the painful cast time of Metamorphosis: you want to use one ability from Night and immediatly after that one ability from Day?

POWER USE PREVENTED. Which is the equivalent of a big "NOPE" popping in the middle of your screen.

That was my first disappointment.

I was expecting this to be one of the most important concepts of the frame, the ability to swap between the 2 forms at will and instantly, which allows for a gameplay based on combining abilities from the 2 forms at the same time (a la Invoker from Dota, or any character that works like that in every MMO ever made) and opens up a wide variety of possibilities, huge depth and adaptability.

Oh you can try, but it's so painfully slow that it's impossible to execute in the flow of the battle, with the pace this game has.

When I was leveling her up, the first thing I tried when reaching level 3 was using Rest and Rage on the same target (it makes sense, doesn't it? you put it to sleep and then you tenderize it for a nice finisher, sounds trivial, doesn't it?)

NOPE: It takes you around 5 seconds to do so without Natural Talent . For 1 target. Meanwhile the rest of the enemies was pounding at me and I almost died during the cast times...Never tried again.

But in the end it doesn't matter because:

- There is few to no synergy between the abilities of the 2 forms.

Apart from that Rage+Sleep combo, there isn't much to do with the abilities.

Metamorphosis bonuses don't linger when you switch

Same for Pacifiy & Provoke auras

Even the ult(s): Both have the same basic mechanic of accumulating damage and then releasing it, yet each "reserve" is independant from the other: you can't accumulate damage in one form and use it in the other.

I can't even understand why, it's not even a balance issue at that point: they both work the same way (except Day does damage and stuns and the Night doesn't, for some obscure reason), and it would have been a great addition.

Ok I have all that damage in my tank, I was about to vaporize that next wave, but my team is in bad shape after that rough fight. What should I do?

No, it's not like that. It's restricted. Well that's how it feels anyway.

So much potential wasted...

2. And then, the Kit itself.

Because even beyond the lack of synergy and the mechanics retrictions, the kits are lackluster.

Simple, so many have pointed it out already, the Whole Night Kit feels like a poor man's trinity.

In short, one cast of trinity's blessing of its own does a better job than both Pacify AND Mend at the same time. 

Actually, even Well of Life is just as effective as Mend, but much easier to use. That's comparing a first ability to an ultimate. Ironic.

The Day Kit is Maim. And that's it.

I mean, All the Equinoxes I've encountered so far were playing a Max Range Maim build.

Because it's amazingly effective and fun to play. As in, you kill tons of stuff. 

(And when you think about it, Maim is the only damage power in the whole kit)

And you don't even need a ton of mods to play it, since it doesn't scale at all with Power Strength. Just Stretch and Overextended (and max efficiency)

Rage suffers from the same issues as Rest, as in the radius is ridiculously low.

And Provoke scales poorly. Like really really poorly. I think you get like 56 % Power Strength bonus when you yourself have all the power strength mods equipped and maxed out

(and for some reason I highly doubt this bonus is multiplicative. But if someone proves me wrong, that would actually keep my hopes up for the frame)

So yeah, in the end remains Maim alone.

Press4towin with a nice twist.

Some form of the Rest affect that hits enemies within her aura. Balance when/how they wake up as necessary in comparison to Rest in order to make it balanced. If she gets a stealth kill on a rested enemy while in mend (whether it was from ability proc or casting 2) then it will give a very small percentage of health of enemy killed back to squad members. 

When it comes to health bomb, I suggest giving us some kind of overheal or overshield when we build up and use a ton of heals. Even if it fades over time, it would make the skill feel more complete and give us more reason to stay in Mend for a little while and actually use it like Maim. 

1 is a technical limitation. It's been mentioned that they can't reduce it past 2s. So, in light of that - increase the duration, make both buffs stackable at the very least, and reduce energy cost to 5 or 10 to encourage switching.

2 should, perhaps, have at least 5 meters of impact radius. Potentially more - make it higher, maybe put a hard cap on its scaling at a non-OP range, and make the cost a bit higher to compensate.

3... Provoke is not quite okay. For the simple reason that it does literally nothing to help Equinox. A self-buff is present on Pacify; why should there not be any such buff for Equinox herself? As for Pacify, it seems the drain doesn't scale with efficiency - this could be what breaks Pacify utterly; still, lower drain would be helpful, perhaps higher base range to remove the need for Overextended. It could also work thus: Any damaging enemy ability that enters its radius has its damage reduced and triggers the drain, otherwise, the ability has no cost to maintain.

4 has a lot of issues with Mend, of course; there are more than enough suggestions on this, including my own. But Maim... I was expecting something different. Namely, that the slash proc would be a constant tick of DoT that progressively builds your bomb damage, not a single shot of slash that makes you rely on your guns to do basically all of its charging - that, and since burst damage is required to charge the bomb, sustained DPS is nowhere near as effective on Equinox. I would prefer Mend and Maim to charge based on damage dealt - at a rate similar to what we have now, but more consistent and not in large bursts - and to have their DoT/debuff tick constantly active in a way that doesn't stunlock, but provides a steady stream of damage and/or CC.

Rage suffers from the same issues as Rest, as in the radius is ridiculously low.

Rage suffers from far more issues than just that. I mean what is it actually useful for? In what situation would it be beneficial to use it? Sadly in all my time playing Equinox I could never find a use for it.

- It's single target basically

- The damage buff is rather minor

- The speed buff makes already hard enemies even more troubloesome

With Rage you buff enemies as much as you de-buff them, so there is no real benefit or purpose to use it all considering that it uses energy and the damage buff is only rather minor. This ability would have to change completely to be usefull. Like enraging enemies for example so they get a damage buff and attack the closest moving thing in range. Basically like a single target version of "Chaos" that also buffs enemy damage so they can hurt each other more.

That would be useful. Rage in it's current form on the other hand is one of the most useless abilities in the game.

Maybe enemies killed while in Mend's aura have a chance to drop health orbs? To make use of Equinox' equilibrium passive for quick pickmeups health and energy.

Also what if Mend on deactivation created personal shield bubbles (old Shield Transference visual!) on ally Warframes and Companions? All that excess health accumulated can now be used for more than just healing HP to full.

Since the HP is distributed evenly and HP accumulated is based off enemy max HP, it would take a while to build up a large amount of shielding for each ally, as well as allow Mend to scale into late game with the amount of effort you need to kill enemies to mitigate their high damage output.

Feedback on Equinox's 1 - Metamorphosis:

Currently, there's a ~2 second delay before you can cast the skill and receive the buffs. Proposing the ff changes (one or more):

a. Remove the delay to cast the skill

b. Enable buffs when the skill is cast (transformation in progress)

c. Maintain buff levels (effectiveness of 1 does not diminish over time), but reduce duration of buff

d. Buff effectiveness reduces slower, but increase duration

After some hours of play & a forma I have to say that this frame is quite lovely. From Mirage & Loki this one may just take the spot for my favorite frame!

Its wonderful almost fox like looks are enchanting, thus making it that much easier to color. Making this one look just the way we would like whether day & night. We can change & still look awesome when we do it. This one's dual nature makes a very interesting looking frame that gets the imagination whirling.

The abilities, along with the new movement system allows one to cascade across the map rending & mending as they see fit. This is a warframe that can fit into many a plan, play style, or nascent idea. The synergy can easily be seen in either form whether attacking or defending. Modded correctly, this one can be a saving grave & a wrecking ball!

Well, I played a lot Equinox this days and... let me put this that way : Day Form, Day Form everyday.

Seriously... when I saw the devstream, I was like "nice, an hybrid warframe who can be dps and support at will", but what we really have here ?

Day is an other press4toclean frame : press 4, seriously, the ennemis will be stun, in huge aoe, take slash damages, and stack you. Then you can unleash and... clean the rest, or the other waves ?

The other abilities are meh...

Rage is fine, but really REALLY situationnal. Only on bosses. You use it DURING a real combat with swarn of ennemis around ? You liar. 

Provoke is... why the F*** it was named "provoke"... anyway, I always toggle it on, because it doesn't suck me dry of my energy (unlike your mother, sorry...). Maim is @(*()$ good. The only good spell in fact... and it's an OTHER press 4 to win.

Night is... wtf men ? It's a lesser Trinity on every aspects.

Rest... for 1 damn @(*()$ target ? Are you kidding me ? Then just take Mirage spam ult or... the @(*()$ damn Loki or... anything else with AOE CC !! Pacify must be usef point blank and... well... that's meh. Mend is useless as F*** : during a combat I want heal RIGHT NOW, not later on for God sake... 

Maim and mend cannot share stacks... too bad.

TD;LR : I just play Day Form 'cause it's fun to blow everything just by being here.

I will sell this frame in 2 days, when my Trinity will come.

I don't want another ember-ish survivability warframe.

Equinox is fun to play when that mission is not hellish hard and I consider using Equinox is a power handicap which make things harder.

It's a spice to gameplay but not viable in endgame.

Meanwhile Saryn and Chroma are better "spice" viable against high lvl enemies

They're not that godlike trinity or absolute defense frost/volt/loki or single button masher like excal

(Saryn miasma is not scale for high armor it barely scratch any high lvl grineer used as CC only in high lvl)

And why do we need "enemy damage debuff" while we have many frames with high damage reduction buff

or armor buff that reach 3000 zone which is the end zone in logarithmic armor-damage graph.

Whoever said that Maim is so good at scaling, 300k Maim cant even put a dent to lvl70Napalm

It's still got reduced by armor unlike Ash's finisher dmg from bladestorm.

Yin-Yang warframe each side has good potential but not good enough then balanced by double-edged sword logic

It's kinda like zero ability warframe??

Edited by Volinus7

I feel that Rest & Rage need a change and a buff depending on the form, let me elaborate:

Rest, while good for stealth runs and a good "STOP SHOOTING ME DAMNIT!!" for dangerous enemies like Bombards/Heavy Gunners/Techs the range of 2.5m  doesnt cut it in most cases (in the middle of a firefight), raise it up to 4m and we will have a better chance of CC when we use Power Range mods.

Rage, it lowers the enemies' armor while making them faster, one thing we dont want is an enemy that dish out the hurt more on us! You said that Provoke is like a "Beserker State", make him take more damage and be faster like it currently is, but also make him target his own allies and make them be able to damage them like a Radiation proc, their own allies will prioritize the crazed former ally over ourselves if they are closer to them.

Mend & Maim, I have been hearing that a LOT of people prefer to use Maim because of the damage it can accumulate along with the stun and Bleed proc, leaving Mend to be fogotten since it only heals. What I propose is: as per description Mend invokes the "Serenity of the Night" and bring CC to the ability, make enemies stunned like Maim, but make them perceptible to damage while stunned (they get 20% more damage while stunned for exemple), and more "serene" they react slower and their attacks are slugish and slow (less fire/attack rate).

Here my 2 cents, I hope its taken into consideration.

Edited by Kao-Snake

His passive:

"Equinox has the unique passive ability to convert 10% of health orbs into energy, or 10% of energy orbs into health. This effect stacks with Equilibrium" (Wiki)

A small tweak that would bring his passive on par with other warframes' passives.

Bring his passive to something like 50%. 12hp could save you, most likely not... but 12 energy for sure will make you cast more abilities, and that is what Equinox is meant for, casting a lot.

Metamorphosis:

Night form: 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (armor bonus) 50 / 75 / 100 / 150 (shield bonus) + Power Strength.

Day  form: 1.1x / 1.15x / 1.2x / 1.25x (damage multiplier) 5% / 10% / 12% / 15% (speed bonus) + Power Strength.

After playing him a few days I'm sarting to get the hang on him/her and I found that I don't switch forms to get neither tankier nor faster/deadlier, I only change for the abilities.

This is because of the duration mechanics and the decaying stats over time thing. Modding for duration to have those stats longer is a complete waste on this warframe. You are most likely ending with 13% power duration because of fleeting expertise + transient fortitude.

So instead of having large bonuses on a tiny amount of time (2 seconds) I feel that Equinox would work better overall if those stats were reduced (not affected by power strength) but made permament for each form just as warframes have different base stats. Maybe some tweaks on numbers for balancing purposes.

This would make Equinox feel that you are actually playing two different warframes, when you are not using abilities, just the general feeling. One tanky support and one squishy caster.

And finally, for god's sake remove the timer on switching forms, or reduce it to 1s.

Whats up with Mend?

I mean Maim gets slash damage, 100% proc, stun and a damageblast while Mend does nothing but charge up and heals for a bit.

Well thats kinda inbalanced for a frame surrounding the theme of balance.

How about giving Mend some debuff like the enemys can't focus their attaks and change their targets at random every secound (resembling exhausting of lack of sleep).

Or how about give affected enemy nausea causing them to be stuned from time to time.