Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 (U17 Megathread Topic)

[DE]Danielle

The new movement abilities are all great, but the bunny hopping animation looks weird and doesn't fit into the game imo. Some sort of directional wall running would have been nicer.

I'm used to doing a forward flip with an additional directional melee attack for fast movement. Bullet jump is much slower and shorter in comparison and directional melee seems to be completely gone. I guess sluggish is a good word for parkour 2.0.

Edited by SilentCircle

My Opinion so far:

+ The Bullet jump is really nice and very useful in many locations

+ Air Glide is nice to cross gaps and gives a very cool matrix  / slowmotion vibe

- The bullet jump while sliding looks and feels really out of place. The old frontflip was much nicer to handle and look at.

- coptering is gone. I know, I know coptering was a bug but it was still part of Warframe for so long and it was fun to use..

- Air Dash Attack is useless now ( jump + attack in air) I tried it with the Bo Prime and Dual Ichors. I used it a lot to get up to ledges and other platforms etc. which is now impossible. The Movement "boost" it gave is completely gone so you cant even get to the enemies if you wanted to. I only moved like half a meter with it.

- While Wallrunning hopping, if you miss the correct time to jump off the wall you simply fall down... (and the hopping looks really silly)

- Now that coptering and the air dash are gone basically ALL of the movement (except the glide) is controlled by the Keyboard. with the old system both hands were cooperating to perfect the movements but now its so heavily based on the Keyboard that i feel like the mouse hand has nothing to do anymore but shoot and hit people.. It's just not very pleasant to play this way.

To be honest i already miss the old movement system. It's bascially the reason why I played Warframe for so long..

I didn't play because i like grinding stuff nor do I like Sci-fi very much but the movement system was really fun and intuitive.

I know many of you are going to disagree with me but this is my opinion.

Had to know the first post on this topic was gonna be copterQQ.  Go away.  All you people should be giving feedback about is pros and cons of things that will be worked on.  Coptering isn't coming back and was 100% not required for anything in Warframe ever.

Not quite sure why they decided to go with hopping on walls instead of running.  Could have made the hop optional or a different control.  Faster or not, wall running was working just fine.  It was the wall flinging (tapping the wall to run for just milliseconds before releasing and flying forward) that people abused the hell out of...and appears to still be around.

so far as a player that has been in here for almost 3 year I notice this about parkour 2.0

-hard to execute parkour combos

-movement/landing still cranky, not very fluid

-very hard to properly execute wall hoping and not falling when you want to change direction or bounce to another wall (tested in tutorial for 11 mins straight without good results)

-turning around mid air or changing direction is almost impossible (we were promised the ability to do it)

-hard to keep speed

-still getting stuck with momentun push if I hit a wall or solid object

-combos can't be mixed (example: can't double jump and then bullet jump. I can only bullet jump and then double jump)

-bullet jump is hard to execute properly

Wall running should be put back in at some point. It made no sense to remove this and I know you guys at DE were refining it at some point in Parkour 2.0's development. What happened? Please rework it for the new system and put it back in please and thank you. 

That's all I gotta say at the moment.

Wall latch must auto activate when approaching a wall in aim-glide. It just must.

Also, animations should be more rapid, they feel sluggish for this kind of moves, and true ninjas should be able to jump from one zipline to another.

Please, let us adjust the sensitivity of zoomed aiming! It really harms the aim glide.

Also, aiming itself should auto activate after interruption if the aim button is still pressed

To say the truth, in terms of comfort controls became worse, because in parkour 1.0 they were split between left and right hand (jump, slide / copter, air melee; now everything is done by one hand. This is no OK. I'd rather have air melee than bullet-jump. What I do like though is that character reacts to control inputs much sooner than before.

Aim-glide zooms too close, which makes it useless at close range, but it's also pointless at mid-long range as it's easier to shoot stationary. If aim-glide was intended to help with shooting in motion, it shouldn't zoom so much and it shouldn't reduce aiming sensitivity so bad (I always hated this loss of sensitivity, all 2,5 years I've been playing.. pleeease, just pleeease make this kind of things adjustable already!)

Bullet jump harms stealth gameplay. Instead of jumping through window from a crouch, the character rocket-shoots through it "Look, I'm an arrow! :D"

Edited by Bouldershoulder

Not sure if this is a bug, but has anyone else felt a bit of disorientation or slight vertigo etc, when just sprinting?

It doesn't feel fluid now, it feels like its too far back or something, I hate to say this but yeah i felt a bit dizzy when sprinting along like the movement or animations were off somehow. Heck look at the Attarax Blades when you have it up in your arsenal, they look almost like well 3d-sh where its supposed to be a set sped but some are slow some not. that sort of feeling.

anyone else get this kind of feeling with the sprinting?.

I have been asking for air melee for like 2 years now. I thought it'd come in parkour 2.0... It would make a great addition. Since you already made it so you remain hanging in the air for a duration while aiming, why not do the same for melee in the air and add one new move to stances for air melee? 

I am really scratching my head at most of these comments...

Of course there are typical typedo guys with their "where's my copter DE pls" as expected but people are saying it's hard to execute stuff but I had almost no problems doing anything they advertised.

Like people are saying its hard to execute wall hops??? All of parkour 2.0 is easier than the old copter nonsense and with the old system I would be faceplanted somewhere inside a wall if I tried to hop from wall to wall like that.

The only tiny issues are with aesthetics of animations and timing of roll when landing. And like someone else said, wall latching needs to happen if you approach the wall while gliding.

Oh and aerial melee needs wider and further hit detection. I love that it doesn't turn you into a rocket anymore but the final touch is needed on the swings themselves.

I can now handspring in midair 10/10 would parkour again

Edited by Aure7

Not sure if this is a bug, but has anyone else felt a bit of disorientation or slight vertigo etc, when just sprinting?

It doesn't feel fluid now, it feels like its too far back or something, I hate to say this but yeah i felt a bit dizzy when sprinting along like the movement or animations were off somehow. Heck look at the Attarax Blades when you have it up in your arsenal, they look almost like well 3d-sh where its supposed to be a set sped but some are slow some not. that sort of feeling.

anyone else get this kind of feeling with the sprinting?.

that might be camera issues that I am also having. The camera doesn't seem to keep up when I slide or jump so it wobbles and lags behind for me.

I have no problem getting from place to place(It's actually much smoother to move vertically now than before) and speed is not a problem especially since Rush can get it's own slot and not mess with my builds. 

I just want some of what DE showed before like using the zip line as a way to throw yourself to another area, or smoother wall running animations. What we have right now is fantastic and needs it's bug fixes(as does most things that come into this game no offense), but the current system can be much better if we can rework those old features for this new system.

Feels more like air-swimming than parkour. The vertical speed is fine, but the horizontal speed is always at run+buttlslide level.

Increase the momentum gain of bullet jump.

The first contact to a wall should have the momentum boost of the old wallrunslingshot with contrallable direction

Make it easier to land the first wallrun jump.

Increase the base movement speed of all warframes.

Edited by Feyangol

It's very neat, though now it's rather hard to catch up because your movement speed is limited. Also it seems you cannot grapple onto a wall when gliding. I have to separately lift the glide and then hold M2 again to attempt the grapple. It also feels rather clunky.

Overall great, but two things to change: the camera slacking behind when accelerating and the misbehaving of wall grappling.

First? A cosmetic note...The "Bullet Jump"? Is *exactly* the twisting jump from the fists I detest. To the degree I disliked using them to level fist weapons, and to the degree I'll try and not use it now, it's disconcerting and feels wrong. Give me back my head-over-heels flip!

Wall "Hopping" also looks silly. As does the balancing on zip lines.

On gameplay... the lack of momentum now feels exactly like using a fist weapon or a veery slow heavy weapon. The "utility" slot is essentially a dash slot for me. And even then, much of the slide-attack utility was that you could slide *through* a group and hit a few of them....the momentum mattered!

(And hovering in space to be shot to **** seems silly to be, so I'm only ever rarely going to use aim glide)

The game just feels slower and more tied to the ground. With a big-leap-from-stationary ability for environmental navigation. Honestly, I'm already a big user of the Nova, and I guess I'll use use that for wormhole basically all the time now. (Except scanning for simaris)

Edited by DawnFalcon

The Parkour system is better than I even anticipated I love the hell out of it, genuinely, and can't wait to master it.

The only thing this update has taken away from the parkour is something that is now driving me mad. One of my biggest habits in parkour 1.0 was to slide and then get right back to sprinting. This is especially useful when trying to guerilla attack enemies and then go right back to getting the hell out of danger. Now though, when I slide, it doesn't return me to the sprinting state and I end up walking in the middle of enemy fire. This is driving me INSANE! The flow of my combat has been like... almost completely disrupted :( I hope this wasn't an intentional change, please bring it back.

Had to know the first post on this topic was gonna be copterQQ.  Go away.  All you people should be giving feedback about is pros and cons of things that will be worked on.  Coptering isn't coming back

..So people should just go quit, right. Not liking changes is a valid PoV (remember the broken lights? I do!), and DE managed to turn a lot of the newer players I brought to the game off when they did the last change of this sort, Starmap 2.0. This is going to be the same sort of thing, likely, especially when some other older players take that attitude.

Just because YOU like something does not mean that other viewpoints are invalid, or that people should quit the game because you don't like the feedback. (Note I haven't mentioned coptering, there's lots of other issues - and no, momentum in moves being lost ISN'T a coptering issue!)

Anyway, as someone else noted the momentum - which was similar for most weapons - from air dash is gone as well now. You have to stop and do a bullet jump.

Edited by DawnFalcon

I am not happy with the fact Bullet Jump cancles sprint on landing.

I would like this changed. I expected Parkour 2.0 to have a very nice flow to it but unfortunately most of it is stopped due to everything cancelling sprinting now, one of the things being Bullet Jump. I expected Bullet Jump to have a fine gracefulness and landing while still sprinting.

Please take a look at this and change it.

Edited by LazerSkink

New parkour is friggin' awesome.  It's fun, it's intuitive, and it just works.

Only problem is it highlights what still doesn't really work.

First off is run cancelling after bullet jump, shooting, melee, or doing anything really.  Running needs to persist to help with flow.

Also, directional input is a bit wonky, but it's always been a bit wonky before with directional melee.  You need to telegraph for half a second or so to get it to work right.

And that's it!

As for feedback on the new ground rolls, it's an improvement.  However, when I see a system like this, my primary question is, "Can I dance with it?"

That's short for, "Can I choose my position precisely and at whatever pace my frantic mind chooses at the moment?"

That's also work for another time, good job folks!

I am not happy with the fact Bullet Jump cancles sprint on landing.

I would like this changed. I expected Parkour 2.0 to have a very nice flow to it but unfortunately most of it is stopped due to everything can cancel sprinting now, one of the things being Bullet Jump. I expected Bullet Jump to have a fine gracefulness and landing while still sprinting.

Please take a look att his and change it.

I feel it should be specified that run isn't canceled on landing, it's canceled on doing anything besides crouching.  It's a persistent irritant since before the new system.

I feel it should be specified that run isn't canceled on landing, it's canceled on doing anything besides crouching.  It's a persistent irritant since before the new system.

True and agreed. The fact it's cancelled after sliding is iffy to me. I mean, there should at least be a "spool up" of sorts like building up your momentum a little after sliding to full sprint speed and not just a straight up "HALT!"

Edited by LazerSkink