Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 (U17 Megathread Topic)

[DE]Danielle

Ziplines are not evidence of of a map being created with parkour 2.0 in mind as they were in many prior tilesets. Parkour 2.0 was created with ziplines in mind, and as such has failed enormously on the zipline front. I can think of no more direct way besides hitting a wall to kill all of your momentum. I have seen one zipline that was more effective than fly falling slowly and was only more effective because it elevated to a height i could not obtain with parkour 2.0; could have with 1.0. Sadly it was a lonely lookout tower near nothing with no purpose and no loot. The only time after my first test of the system i have used a zipline is when i went to pick up a power pack on earth and instead flew into the air magically and stuck to one, forcing me to attempt to pick up a different pack as that one was locked under a wire twenty feet above my head.

But again ziplines are not evidence in map design of consideration of parkour 2.0. Moreover even if they were its a very weak consideration. Rails to feature as primary exhibit of parkour in essence.

But lastly and another important point is that if they did make a level with parkour 2.0 in mind it would be awefull.

It would be a huge vacuous space like all the demo videos with the obstacle course, or new pvp maps. The map would have to be a series of long toss flights abbreviated by disappointing slow wall hops and ziplines to regain elevation. Because unless your flying your just running on ziplines and praying you don't run into something to high to bullet jump. It would be like the orikon puzzle rooms but a level. The AI in parkour 1.0 was unable to keep up with spawning at your destination and creating rational senarios. There is no way it could operate to create a good feeling environment with huge void airspace's to make room for flying Tenno. They would have to bring Archwing enemies into standard levels just to cope. There will never be a level designed for parkour 2.0 because its design is terrible. Instead we will be forced for eternity to interrupt our bullet jumps with a front glide to negate our upward movement and allow us to roll without bashing our heads on low hanging anything/everythings. If they designed maps with parkour 2.0 in mind they wouldn't add details because you would forever be soaring over them. Parkour 1.0 was barely better in this regard but but it was. supposed to be a upgrade not restarting from alpha parkour 0.5. The highlights of the new system should never see the light of day in map making. Ziplines, slowly falling long distances, running up infinite perfectly flat walls with no rims and not ever looking away from them, unless you stop to look at the back of your warframes head for at most 5 seconds.

Edited by HurpadurpusRex

I felt the same that I wouldn't be able to use P2.0 on all the old tilesets effectively. It just took some time and testing and I found tons of use for it as have many others and these can be seen from all the videos in the official player made Parkour 2.0 tutorial thread > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/501727-guide-parkour-20-tips-and-tricks-tutorial-videos-collection/

As for the low level ceiling areas please refer to this video >

/Exit Thread

I saw all that. I'll repeat what I said again: Parkour 2.0 in old tilesets does not look pretty. You look like a frog jumping around.

Ofc video of fast moving in low ceiling looks cool, but... why it has to be speed modded Loki to look cool? What others will do? And I'll repeat again, shown method is not fastest because bullet jump slows you down. frontal salto/roll is faster but you look like a frog.

And you didn't "found tons of use for it", you just learned how to do what you did in those tilesets in 1.0. Yes, with bullet jump you can reach all secret rooms easier, and you can cross open rooms fast enough, but that's all.

Ghost momentum is still there, slight error in bullet jump sends you who knows where, wall latch disorients and leave no time to do intended stuff. Half of ziplines do not work in intended way, wall hopping that was done to fix issues with uneven walls fixed nothing. It is still clunky and often does not work - you get regular jump instead of bullet one, instead of wall latch you start to glide, instead of wall running hopping you fall down.

Since key problems were not fixed/addressed I see 2.0 as nothing more but visual restyle. I like glide but that's all I like.

Parkouring off enemies appears to have great potential but is not being utilized tot he full extent. Enemies can be bounced off but that's just it, they're simply a wall. It lacks fine control as if you attempt to jump when an enemy is near you will automatically jump off that enemy, which is what has happened to me so far. The jump direction is based off the enemy so many times bullet jumping from the middle of a crow will not send you where you want to go.

Parkour should be adapted not only jump off nearby enemies but allow us to jump to nearby enemies and jump of them to more nearby enemies. It would allow a more direct way of traveling through crowds and it benefits highly from the new parkour mods, melee enthusiasts also benefit greatly from it.

Parkour 2.0 is like Melee 2.0, it's a good start from where we came from, but it still requires many fine tweaks before it feels anywhere close to finished.

If you think thats bad try jumping near mutalist quanta cubes, or various other wierd things in the air. You will find it works in strange and dumb ways. Its a system that will never look good with the current net framework. The host tracks the enemies and you jump off of your consols percieved location of those enemies. The more the enemies/latency likely the stranger and worse it will look.

It will get extra stupid when they realize a hack can almost certainly be made that reports to the host that the user is jumping off a target wherever and whenever they are; allowing them to essentially fly. Pvp will become dumb for a while when that hapens until hey remove it. If that doesnt happen i will be plesauntly suprised with humanity.

• Double Jump: Efficient with Bullet jump, but useless by itself.

• Bullet Jump: So good that Wall Dash is now become useless. Now Tenno is free as a bird. 

• Wall Latch: Uselss, maybe mods will make this useful.
  • Wall Dash:  Easy, but slow, has poor motion. Still, we get stuck on little bumps. 
  • Aim Gliding:  Useless in most pve without mods.
  • Ziplines:  Easy but less impact. Also most of the ziplines are located in useless position.

• Stamina has now been removed from the game. -- very good

Bullet Jump, makes Tenno doesn't have to rely on walls. We could just frog jump to destinations.

Using slide Double Jump at air, 1.5sec after horizontal Bullet Jump, explosively increases movement speed.

On the other hand, wall reliable parkour - Wall dash, zipline - became slow. 

So since parkour 2.0, I didn't used a single Wall Dash.

If this - become free from walls - is intended, than this is a very good patch. 

(But wall dash have to be roll backed.)

If not, better nerf/change Bullet Jump.

--

Here's my suggestion for parkour.

• Double Jump: Delete.

• Bullet Jump: Substitute Double Jump. Range decreased to 70%. Ignore momentum and move to heading direction. Explosive movement increase.

• Wall Latch: no need to change. Mods will help this.
  • Wall Dash:  Change motion + speed increase or roll-back. Make less influenced with bumps.
  • Aim Gliding: no need to change. Mods will help this.
  • Ziplines: Momentum applied

Being able to chain bullet jumps off vertical surfaces would go a long way in making the system more fast-paced, kinetic, fun and sorta twitch-based. As it stands, if you bullet jump up to a wall, and you want to do it again, you have to break your flow with a little wall hop that recharges your bullet jump. While I can see why that might be put in place to slow the players down a bit, I think it's a bit too harsh on the game's flow.

IMHO, in the end of the day Parkour 2.0 happened to be an awesome replacement for an old system. Yet, I would like to request a small enhancement to new parkour.

It would be nice to have an options to turn on/off aim glide and wall latch. Basically, if options are ON then aim glide & wall latch work as they should and if options are OFF, then old physics for in-the-air aiming/blocking kick-in and wall latch -- just doesn't work anymore. We already have an option -- "Auto-roll over obstacles", and it'll be nice to extend this class of movement-related options with turn on/off aim glide & wall latch options.

The reason behind this request is rather simple: player goes sword alone, and at some point during the mission one wants to go vertically down blocking incoming fire. Well... today, you can't do it anymore, because falling with blocking makes you glide with some trajectory, and fall very slowly bumping into walls, pipes or any other things that are pushed out of the walls. Player can't stop blocking, because bombard rockets are right in front of his nose, and he can't really escape them because he is gliding. Now this may not look very scary, if we are talking about low levels, but on high levels -- two rockets and you're out...

To me personally gliding makes more harm than good... Though, I don't think that aim glide and wall latch should be removed and/or fixed in any way, they are cool, just not for everybody.

I think it would be nice to give players a choice to be more new school or old school about their movement.

Thanks for reading

Kind regards

Edited by madmao

Not sure if been posted before, but why did we loose the ability to crouch while walking with parcour 2.0?

Used to be forward+ctrl = warframe keeps going forward, but now crouched. forward+shift+ctrl = warframe slides.

Now you go into sliding whether or not you are pressing shift, and that's annoying af, since instead of going lower (for purposes of aiming or for stealth) you will now launch yourself forth as soon as crouch button is pressed.

Can that be fixed?

I still love the new system. I have a few suggestions, however. I want to be able to leap back or do backward jumps without turning my frame toward the camera. I know i can do a backhand spring, but i mean a legit backward jump too. i would simply change block+back+jump to do a backwards somersault jump without spinning me backwards, as if im im running away. Basically, I want to be able to move back and forth while keeping engaged with the enemy in front of me.

I also miss being able to wall run. wall hop is fine, and makes practical sense in most tilesets, but wall running was super fun. and being able to do a backflip onto a higher platform after a vertical wall run(which is specifically built into many rooms) was pretty much the best feeling of the old parkour system. so smooth. so cool. i miss that. now, i hop up and then often miss the ledge because i fall off the wall due to pressing backward and trying to jump at the camera, blindly. There is almost too much freedom of movement or we simply lack a maneuver for that situation(which comes up surprisingly a lot)

Thats about it. I love aim glides ability to extend my jump range and dodge bullets, i love double jump for mid-air directional changes**, and i love bullet jumps.

**Ive been practicing a high bullet jump with nova, then casting DD to a spot on the side or behind, then double jumping to reverse direction into the door. its ridiculous fun.(i spend WAAAAAAYYYYY too much time in the sim lol) 

This update is horrible not only are the moves way to complicated the jumping looks stupid like a $&*&*#(%& jack rabbit hopping up the wall the controls aren't making sense I miss the old parkor they could have just easily increased the the wall run vertical and horizontal they tried to hard and ended up tripping over they're own feet not to mention the other bugs all my colors are only light no more black period this whole update they seriously dropped the ball time to pick it up DE and fix it

Evening Forum Dwellers. This is my first Post so I hope it’s well received

Parkour 2.0 Feedback:

2 Major Negative Counterpoints:

I've been analyzing the differences of the Movements now and before the update; overall it is a 'workable change' and I congratulate the Developer team on the undertaking.

Accolades

Weapons: It does appear to be more balanced given that no excessive travel is assigned to weapons now, making weapons more even, and thus enabling their choosing based on other criteria, I am no longer bound to my Orthos.

Accessibility: as promised, accessibility to areas in the environment is mostly reachable with the new changes

Stamina: Partially* gone, and I don't miss it, thank you. Nothing more to say here. (Partial given it still used for mid air suspension and wall hold)

Abilities: For the Most parts, abilities work just the same in Pk2 as in Pk1, abilities that were cast mid air, can still be cast and interrupt the bullet jump animation (visual but not momentum) which is desired.

Overall Movement: Most of the Animation is smooth, it is not as fast as before but it’s not game breaking.

Demerit:

Speed, Stealth, and Dexterity. The Samurai Complex: a Ninja with an Identity Crisis.

Parkour 1 (PK1): It had its Offensive flaws, but it was strong on defensive and evasive maneuvers. Sacrificing offensive dexterity by allowing higher movement speeds and allowing ninja multi-wall jump that looked and felt ninja-like. Although it was difficult for most to handle, or even so master, it still was attainable, and set the highly skilled apart from others. I am one that must confess, I spend cumulative hours wall running in the Dojo and in missions, pretending the floor was lava, and succeeding, making wall slash attacks that much more rewarding.

Parkour 2 (PK2): It solved the learning curve and the bulk of the population now is able to do wall maneuvers, by sacrificing the defensive and evasive qualities for more offensive ones.

Wall Run: Replaced by jumps, or Bunny Hopping, is visually unappealing compared to the rail-run. Although gives the user unlimited potential to reach new heights, but with a heavy, heavy price; evasion and speed. By lowering the dexterity required to use these skills, the wall movement is extremely slow, and vulnerable. This is not an issue for lower level missions and for the lower dexterous and new target audience, given that, specifications for the enemy: accuracy, damage output, is also low. On high tier missions however, evasion is key. Accuracy and target acuity for the enemy is extremely high or even perfect. Quickly moving out of the range of enemies and using the environment as defense. Bunny Hopping is now a mark of death for those that Mastered and need it.

Bullet Jump: Visually comparable to a whirlwind or tornado combo attack, animation is great and registers very well within game activity. It does its job to replace the Copter travel issued by weapons, making it more balanced, allowing better weapon choices. So far I have found only one drawback in this new ability that may not be intentional, but one which is extremely disadvantageous. Coptering was not just used for speedy travel, but also for enemy evasion and path redirection. Being able to shoot, throw, and melee in a perpendicular direction from travel. It allowed users to quickly melee attack in one direction, while keeping sights on another objective, ready to fire with weapons, or even abilities. This skill is now broken, Bullet jump can only be executed in the same vector as the reticle. All other Movement properties behave differently, dodging, running, sliding, and even jumping.

Air Melee: Mid air Melee now also suffers from the same issue as bullet jump, but in a passive manner. Unlike Ground melee, attacking mid air while moving (with or without double, or bullet jump) cause the user to halt movement and fall straight down, immediately losing any momentum. For lack of simile, comparable to hitting an invisible wall. If attacks are perpendicular to the vision point, a slight travel is forced in the point of view.

Solutions: Ninja therapy and weekly Psychiatrist Sessions

Before I begin, I want to express that I am in no way discontent with the game. The effort placed in its development, research and design is by far the most complete and satisfying in all the games I've ever played, especially those that evolve over time. To that affect I thank you all for the many hours of enjoyment, and to the many more yet to come. This is a great product that outshines its competitors in many ways, and I myself find will remain an avid supporter, and that is the main driver for me posting this long arduous feedback that, I hope, you find the time to read.

Small wins first (Bullet Jump & Mid Air Attack Therapy): I believe if feedback can be incorporated to modify this, and if it falls in line with the developers desires, I would suggest the following. Allow Bullet jump to follow the same mechanics as jump. The Difference between Jump and Bullet Jump is that the latter also uses the Vertical Coordinate to designate direction. Directional control of PK1 Jump was dictated by the movement joystick. Even when coptering was available, the X&Y Target Coordinates were mostly dictated by the Movement Analog Stick. Thought not in absolute, but relative to the directional origin set by the reticle, the origin of the visual cone. I Propose that the Bullet Jump, and mid air attack Vectors, be adjusted such that the X&Y are dictated by the Relative Vector of the Movement analog Stick, and that the Z Coordinate remain as its currently being mapped; dictated by the azimuth of the reticle vector. The Justification for this can be observed upon examining any video recorded by any user from the past until the present point. Unlike Primaries and Secondaries, users do not use the reticle for Melee attacks, in fact, most users disregard the reticle all together and simply ensure that the field of vision is enough to understand the general direction desired. The Special case of mid air whirlwind-attacks to aerial target such as offsprey makes a compelling case for pinpoint accuracy. This can be mitigated by the current aim assist that is already employed in the game; in such instances, both the movement and reticle would align to some degree, in the X, Y coordinates in absolute terms. It would be a Modified version of "Align Attacks to Camera" in the case that both vectors overlap on the X, Y Coordinates within a % Variation of each other. If a % error is not possible, then utilize the same trigger that displays information of the enemy target under reticle, which I assume follows a similar matrix algorithm.

Difficult wins (wall Run/Hop): Shock Therapy and Medication: I can see the value in the new PK2 for The bunny hop. In terms of exploration it stands out. Visual Gratification aside, it serves a purpose. Pk1 Wall mechanics had flaws, but it served other purposes too. This is by far I believe the most difficult thing to change, and works towards, it involves both mechanics, and animations, collisions and much more. I truly believe both serve its purpose

Last。Here is a Excerpt Clip of a scene fight from the Movie Shinobi/ Shinobi: Heart under Blade (2005) as inspiration ^_^

Edited by (PS4)Darekai

After one evening's worth of Parkour 2.0, the single issue that stands out is low sensitivity while aim gliding. You can't really turn around at all during it. I kind of imagined you'd be able to quickly aim at different targets ways from each other, aka poor man's bullet time.

Other than that, liking it very much so far.

Last night I hopped on to try out the new update and the first time I saw the new zip line mechanic I was all like WHAAA?!?!? Sweet!

However, I played a very low defense mission last night for my syndicate (I'm a 2 week old noob) and whenever I went to reload my weapon I jumped up on the zip line above me. I did not press the jump button.

The radius to attach to zip lines seems a bit large to me. I had noticed this even before the reload incident.

I love the parkour 2.0. I think the diving bullet time is awesome, makes me feel like I'm in the Matrix. Also like that you can stick to the walls and shoot like Stryder. The change to hoe you use zip lines is also awesome.

The only thing I liked more about the old system was the wall run when you jump at a wall at an angle, and the ability to run straight up walls instead of jumping up them.

I wish the would have just made the wall running infinite instead of adding the wall jumps.

I like the new movement, but I have a suggestion for aim gliding. I noticed, that if you are in the air doing the knee slide kick and then you activate the gliding ability, you can actually steer your warframe in mid air with A and D keys. Wouldn't it be easier if you can steer your warframe with the mouse?

Make jumping the speed gained from your first contact on a wall a bit faster than that of jumping off enemies and parkour will be great with a fling jump that's meant to be in the game, because jumping off of enemies for the speed boost is even more inconsistent than the original fling jump.

Coming from someone who used the tipedo and only the tipedo, I am so glad to see these changes. Parkour 2.0 makes for more mobility, more control, and a fluid experience.

I have 2 complaints.

First being, you should have left blocking alone. Instead of throwing out the baby with the bathwater, stamina and the respective mods should have been left as a blocking meter.

Second is I still need to slide after a jump for fear of breaking my reload. If I can bullet jump, flip, and dive while reloading, I should be able to ninja role and reload at the same time.

Great job DE, you really out did yourself.

Firstly, I think the Tenno look ridiculous bullet jumping parallel to the ground. I suggest some kind of quick dash forward (not sprinting like, more ninja stupid fast running)

Secondly, many maps tend to have overhangs where you'd want to run up so right now the only strategy is to jump away from the wall then bullet jump back.

Bullet jumping can look good at times, but most of the time they look kinda like air squids spinning here and there without using their limbs :/

Thirdly, diagonal wall hopping. When the only option is jumping straight away from the wall, there's no real control besides fumbling with repeated double jumps and bullet jump till you get to where you want to get to.

Let the wall latch be indefinite and also up the FOV when they do. Difficult to aim when all you see is the back of your head.

Not really parkour 2.0, but the ground slam animation needs revising. With all the great animation (besides bullet jump. Space squids arent as cool as space ninja), ground slams look out of place with the legs and arms at angles that fit parkour 1.0. Calculating distance from ground then doing a more tame and upright bullet jump-esque motion might look cool. Just an idea.

Is Sprint boost not working because of u17?

I would like to see some more on this, maybe check the bug threads as I've personally seen some inconsistency with sprint boost working or not.

First being, you should have left blocking alone. Instead of throwing out the baby with the bathwater, stamina and the respective mods should have been left as a blocking meter.

Second is I still need to slide after a jump for fear of breaking my reload. If I can bullet jump, flip, and dive while reloading, I should be able to ninja role and reload at the same time.

This guys preaching gospel to my ears. Where I might not be 100% for the stamina-for-blocking-only idea, almost anything is better than the current rate at which it DESTROYS energy. It doesn't "cost" energy, it obliterates it. It'd be better to have blocking just not reflect, or have the cost adjusted to... all your energy, because the end results are about the same.

Also, how/why does it reflect damage? Some lore for major changes would be appreciated. Spend some of that money you're raking in on a few hours of voice acting, and a quick writing huddle.

On the bullet jump/combat roll effects on reloading... YEAH, why can my tenno leap through the air spinning around, land while sliding and STILL BE RELOADING, when just LANDING on the ground from height or landing and rolling instead BREAKS IT?!? *P.S.* PLEASE don't take this to mean you should break reload for more, it should be for less. We're space ninjas, we can/should be able to reload when running, etc. I mean, C'MON!