Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 (U17 Megathread Topic)

[DE]Danielle

• 1 month later...

I am late to the party but i will still post my opinion about Parkour 2.0 and hopefully someone see that because there's a single point that bothers me so much...

I like everything so far except 1 major thing and a minor one.

The thing that is almost game breaking for me is that i have no way now of dashing in mid air or quickly go in the air like we used to before simply by jumping , aiming and attacking with our melee weapon. ( It's not about coptering or the tipedo speed or anything like that. ) The only way we have now of going up is the bullet jump and i hate it , a lot. It's so hard when you see a floor above you to quickly jump there. Before i would jump aim at the upper floor and Voila i'm on it. Now when i want to bullet jump vertically i end up having a 45 degree angle instead of going at a 75+ degree angle ( which make the jump very "small"). The only way i am able to go straight up is by not moving , aiming directly above my head and then crouch ( not slide but crouch ) and jump. It feels so awful we're supposed to be Ninjas , we're supposed to be fast , agile , yet i have to stop moving now if i want to go straight up.

The minor thing is the wall hopping / climbing , it feel really bad , it's hard to explain but i dislike it i barely use it , half the time i want to climb a wall now i just bounce on it and end up doing a bullet jump in some random direction.

tl;dr : We're no longer ninjas , we're gymnast spinning gracefully in the air. No ability to air dash is a shame.

Suggestion : I can probably ( i hope ) get used to the new Wall hopping/climbing with time ( so far 20 hours in i still avoid it as much as possible ) but...

Please for the love of god give us a way to air dash like we were doing before with the melee weapon , now everything feel so slow and limited... I am a ninja that have to use stairs , hell i even discovered some set of stairs i never saw before because i can't jump high enough anymore to reach the upper floor.

I will keep playing and hopefully there will be some changes with the parkour 2.0. Right now i'm like 50/50 with it and i stick to the game because all the other aspects of the game are awesome but not being able to air dash limit our movements so badly it's frustrating. Just give a little more power to our current jump+melee thingy. So we can at least reach some places with it.

Edited by PatateTbk