Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 (U17 Megathread Topic)

[DE]Danielle

So, the problems we seem to have are slides breaking you out of sprint, Bullet Jump killing horizontal movement and the regular momentum, and aimglide messing with crouching somehow. Wall jumping seems a bit choppy, but I'll live. I don't think sprint speed was buffed, maybe that would help?

6. Conclave: feels like wuxia movies where everyone is drunk and high on speed. Everyone is flying around even more than before (as an avid vertical melee user, I'd say bullet jump is not very different, but for some reason is much more widely used), I have no idea what's happening, and there's a lot of hectic shooting because no one can scan the field properly when zoomed in during the glide. Even if the target moves fast, you have to target it zoomed in, or you fall. That said, a glide kill is very satisfying.

True to the alcohol analogy, my head hurts after a few rounds. It's going to take a while to master.

UPD: Oh, and falling off the map is now ridiculously easy.

7. My general impression is that bullet jump dominates the parkour, and wall dash is hardly used. Maybe it's because bullet jump can be performed anywhere, and is easier to aim.

Edited by DrewHorrigan

Okay i really appreciate ur work DE and Parkour 2.0 has advantages and disadvantages, problem is the biggest game-breaking disadvatage...

1. Positives

+ very smooth

+ the moves work together very well

+ it looks cool in most cases

+ independant from equipment

2. Negatives

- way TOO slow, it just feels wrong

- bulletjump as fast ground movement is 1. way too slow and constantly launches u into the ceiling

- the distance u can pass in 1 airborne phase is just too low, the raid for example is a real pain in some concerns now

- We cant mod our frames for parkour / movement completely

Conclusion: Speed up the whole Parkour system, rise the acceleration gain, how you keep and build up momentum and help warframe players to feel like ninjas, we want the old speed back, just independant of equipment.. PLEASE

Un asco el nuevo modo de parkur a la hora de caerdespues de un salto en diagonal es suicidio en conclave por la lentitud de caida anormal sumado a la perdida de control de tu warframe, por otra parte la subida por muros se podría mejorar agregando el metodo antiguo de correr primero por el muro en vertical quiten la caída lenta que hace ver el juego estúpido y de niños.

It's great. Speed has gone down on average, but vertical movement is much easier now, and controls are much more responsive.

The one place it could be refined in is flow, which is already much better than the old system; stuff like sprint carrying over sprint and being able to hit the ground running after some jumps.

Overall, it's a very welcome addition to the game!

Thats not true.. speed is SLOW now, warframe is loved by many for Its speed,as it is atm its just not fun, its way too slow

My first impression is that the new parkour is great, but it makes me dizzy and nauseous. I think it's the camera lag.

After playing some more, I'm pretty sure that it's the camera lag. It would be nice to have an option to fix the camera distance from the figure, or a slider to set the amount of lag. It's mostly the sliding and the bullet jump.

After playing some more, I'm pretty sure that it's the camera lag. It would be nice to have an option to fix the camera distance from the figure, or a slider to set the amount of lag. It's mostly the sliding and the bullet jump.

It's an FOV increase after passing a certain speed threshold. It doesn't seem tied to any specific actions though. It's really disorienting when trying to aim at mofos midair like a ninja n' S#&$.

Edited by Vougue

I have to say that the lack of speed increasing options is a huge sticking point in Parkour 2.0 for me. I never ever coptered that much either, and I agree with its removal, especially since it punished you for using certain weapon types over others. But what I did use a lot was the old slide -> jump that got you big speed, sometimes a huge amount of speed when used correctly. It was wonky and wasn't ideal at all, but there's no replacement for it in the new setup so that now you just move through levels really slowly.

The big thing I wanted to see from Parkour 2.0 was the removal of goofy "backdash cancel"-type fast movement where you have rhythmically hit certain keys rather than just hold a run button or something. It was particularly bad it 1.0 because you often had to switch between run and crouch/slide, which were defaulted to Control and Shift which was SUPREMELY awkward to do if you left them there. Thing is, it's still not gone... sliding gives you an initial burst of speed that's faster than running, so you still wavedash all over the place awkwardly, but now with far less of a benefit. I guess it's a bit contradicatory that I'm asking for better movement speed options but not having to use rhythmic movement commands, but I guess all I want is for running to be a lot better than it is? Just, the base movement speed has always been too slow, and now it's the only movement speed. I guess you can increase it with mods and especially those new mods that increase velocities, but that either requires you to give up something important on your warframe, or unlock a new slot via a new quest and then burning cephalon standing for each warframe you want to use.

As for the rest of it, wall hopping feels more awkward that wall running a little bit but honestly it's not a huge deal at all and I don't really care much at all, certainly not enough to make a point about it in and of itself. Otherwise it's neat.

Did anyone test this with a controller? Parkour 2.0 is pretty much unplayable with an xbox controller. In essence its nerfed mobility by adding too many button combinations. Please fix asap 

Yes I play with a controller the game has native controller support so please keep your omg a controller guy comments to yourself! just because you play with a keyboard and mouse doesn't mean everyone does!

This system needs work. A lot of work.

DE replaced one movement combo with another, and though the former was buggy, all it ever did was throw you off a cliff or embed you in a wall for a few seconds. Now we have BulletJump, which is just as many buttons to perform, and is more complicated to pull off than the directional air melee was if you're already mid-air.

Wallrunning is needlessly overcomplicated and prone to pitching you off the edge and into oblivion.

The entire system is context-sensitive, which just means it doesn't do what you tell it to do, it does what it THINKS you want it to do. This wouldn't be quite so bad if the coptering replacement didn't require sliding as well as hurling yourself through the air in a straight line with absolutely no fine motion control beyond executing another move in what you hope is your intended direction.

At least with coptering you could swing around; now because you're guaranteed to be airborne, you can only hope you can stop before you go flying any further off that cliff.

-The Solution-

Coptering needs to return as our "I don't want any air!" ground BulletJump, now that the devs have presumably plugged the whole "sends you flying far further than you expected" bug, and BulletJump needs to be a one-button move and not a combo.

Something is wrong with Crouch/Slide controls.

Why the Hek do my Crouch keys function as slide keys while WALKING? This should only happen while sprinting.

If I wanted to have my crouch key changed into a slide key, I would use the slide keyb....wait a minute.

Why do I not have a separate Slide keybind?

Also, Bullet Jump feels really slow, and always forces you skyward unless used while in the air.

Why does double jump block me from using bullet jump?

Why does bullet jump block me from using double jump when used while airborn?

Edited by Centias

Exactly what I came here to post. I tried out parkour 2.0 in one mission and I need to take a break because of the headache and how nauseous I am. One of the best things about warframe was that it didn't screw around with my Field of View or have tons of camera bob. This is as much of a dealbreaker as getting rid of the FoV slider and locking me in tunnelvision.

The problem is I don't have much hope of seeing these FoV/Camera tricks removed because they're what gives Parkour 2.0 the illusion of speed.

Edited by Shadowex3

I'm loving Parkour 2.0 so far - I only have one complaint.

It seems to zoom in far too much on Wall Latch and AimGlide. I play pretty low sensitivity (800DPI, in-game sens slammed to the lowest possible setting) and it's comfortable in free look, as well as "iron sight" aiming - yet I can barely move the crosshair at all during latches or glides.

Still have to test out a few things, but my biggest problem with Parkour 2.0 currently is the wall latching.

I assume not many people used the old one, but i actualy liked the "slide down" mechanic of the Parkour 1.0.

When you ran up a wall and kept holding the jump key, the Tenno would eventualy stop and stick to the wall while slowly sliding down.

The new wall latching feels a lot more awkward to me compared to that.

First because it's tied to the "aim down sight" key of all things, it automatically reduces the view of the player, making follow up moves a lot more problematic.

Second, it's timed but has no clear indicator, so unless you really memorize the time right, you can never be sure how much time you have left.

Third, once the timer runs out, the character drops to the ground like a rock. Follow up jumps seem pretty difficult to do once the drop beginns.

I think it might have been better to keep the wall sticking to the jump key and instead have follow up jumps be trigger via the directional keys being held down aswell, likewise keeping the slow slide down.

However in case the system stays as it is, i would at least suggest bringing back the slow slide down back, rather than have players drop down after the timer runs out.

There is still room for improvement with Parkour 2.0.

Back to more testing.

Edited by Othergrunty

Just as bad as a lot of us foretold.

"Let's make a game and tout as you're space ninja with all the super movement abilities you could imagine such a race having, like slashing dashes.

Now lets remove those abilities and make everyone hope around like space rabbits."

Seems like the game is entering its death spiral after only a few years. "Lets just add invulnerability stages to bosses to artificially prolong the game."  Or "lets take away some options so it looks like we're adding new content."

Oh, your tileset needs you to escape through a vent? Sorry, you can't get in unless your valky. Can't slash attack in to it, and can't run up the wall like you used to because you just bunnyhop over the entrance because its a terribly thought out system overlayed on to a map that was built with an entirely differnt system.

Edited by BronzeDragon

Ok, the new roll maneuvers?  The ones that are 1000x more responsive and now cover more distance? Holy S#&$, me likey. 

It seems to zoom in far too much on Wall Latch and AimGlide. I play pretty low sensitivity (800DPI, in-game sens slammed to the lowest possible setting) and it's comfortable in free look, as well as "iron sight" aiming - yet I can barely move the crosshair at all during latches or glides.

Though, yeah, this, the zoom on aim glide is a little too much zoom, unless you are going full auto or aiming really far away, it's pretty rough to use to actually shoot things.

My 2 cents on the Parkour 2.0

-Bullet jump from the ground is too weak. As in jumping and then bullet jumping is better than reverse. 

-The surface needs a bit of work. Not sticky and accurate enough when switching surfaces

-Rolling is cool but the acceleration is a bit too fast. (jump + bullet jump+ roll before hit the ground to see the effect)