Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum Hegemony

Barkano

Alright guys i guess that you already have talk about this, but i realise that in the U 17 a new kind of kubrow will be aviable for us to breed, i really love the idea of having an organic buddy puppy into WF but i cant choose other "companion" becouse the vacuum of the carrier is just to good, i really want to use the other sentinels or kubrows but they are not that usefull since this game is about grinding and looting, thats why carrier is godlike, even if is not eficient about ammo and orbs pick up.

The carrier just make things easy and less time consuming. if i need to do 5 ext mission in a row in oreder to grab some fieldrons in an invasion (invasion? lol is just ext mission with another name) ill grab my carrier so i can rush through the stage really quick to do it the following 4 times.

a posible solution will be that every frame have an innate vaccum and the carrier get reworked.

becouse the way that this is going the carrier is affecting the diversity of our choices.

i hope that this change will make the game less repetitive and allow us to experiment new mechanics.

BTW sorry if im not expressing myself in an accurate way, my main language is spanish and i really hate google translatedont want to use it (it sucks).

Thanks for your time, what do you think about this?

i was thinking about some kubrows retriever mod, maybe the Sahasa wich dig and then pick up like 2or 3 items at the same time(not like carrier vacuum but 2 or 3 are good IMO) and return to you, like wild kubrows.

(i know how you feel, i have a lot of things to say but is hard to explain myself in a correct english)

Edited by Fi-le

Arent we all lazy actually? Were sitting on a chair while playing games. So please.... don't call others being lazy. Cause picking up loot while being shot at by 20 enemies is difficult.

Onto the actual topic:

Would be nice if I could pick other sentinel / actually use a kubrow. Picking up loot is a pain.

Edited by Calwon5

I don't think I've used carrier in... Slightly over a year? Give or take a hydroid mission here and there during double drop weekends.

So I'm not sure what the problem is... It sounds as if you don't want to un-equip your carrier, because you'd rather not have to walk an extra few steps to loot stuff instead of any of the other awesome bonuses from other companions.

No, it's frikn not.

But it's nice to be able to run around and shoot things without having to be worried that you missed that rare resource drop. It's not a sin to appreciate that kind of convenience in a game that is very farming-centric. That said, I tend to prefer my kubrows for the most part.

That's funny, because I find that carrier is nothing more than an extraneous luxury. I'd take a kubrow over carrier any day. I really don't get this reliance on carrier, dips are so easy to pick up. Vacuum is an ability that's so easy to compensate for, especially when compared to being cloaked by a kubrow.

After I gained sone experience in WF, I dropped carrier and never looked back really. I only find carrier useful for when I use Ash, as carrier can suck up drops while he teleports around room during blade storm.

Edited by Hypernaut1

It's not- it's called being lazy.

Good luck spending your entire match running around to pick items, instead of focusing on the mission objectives; Or, if you're at the very least intelligent, do it between mission objectives, which, from what I know, have a really short interval period.

It's not- it's called being lazy.

what a stupid jab at people. because the carrier is picking up the loot, the more I can focus on the game instead.

No, it's frikn not.

and that's the word of somebody that hasn't done level 300 infested survivals. its pretty freaking hard to go ''oh look I wonder if I should stop and jump into that group of eximus ancients and not be a detriment to my team while I get this here mod.''

Edited by evil_m3nace

Good luck spending your entire match running around to pick items, instead of focusing on the mission objectives; Or, if you're at the very least intelligent, do it between mission objectives, which, from what I know, have a really short interval period.

"Good luck"? No luck is needed, it's really not that difficult. Like seriously not an issue at all once you give up carrier. You still have to go towards drops anyway, even with carrier. It's range isn't that great. At most you save a few steps, but it's not like you can completely ignore going after drops, you still need to get within range for vacuum.

Is it that hard to walk over to resources and pick them up?

If youre talking about if its hard or not, then no, picking up loots are not hard.

However...

Trying to constantly pick up loots every single time they drop something, while being shot by 10 grineers is annoying.

Having a carrier suck up all the loot can keep you focused on actually playing the game and have fun, instead of looking down at the floor all the time. Its keeps the flow of the game fast and constant.

"Good luck"? No luck is needed, it's really not that difficult. Like seriously not an issue at all once you give up carrier. You still have to go towards drops anyway, even with carrier. It's range isn't that great. At most you save a few steps, but it's not like you can completely ignore going after drops, you still need to get within range for vacuum.

Its range is great after you rank up Vacuum. It saves you time, and in many cases, helps you regain ammunition and health/energy points, without ever moving. I can't ignore it. Its Vacuum ability has always been useful, since the day it was introduced. There are just too many circumstances that, without it, would be tedious.

what a stupid jab at people. because the carrier is picking up the loot, the more I can focus on the game instead.

@Both. There's this thing called multitasking. Ya know, walking and shooting at the same time. It's possible, in case you didn't know.

@Both. There's this thing called multitasking. Ya know, walking and shooting at the same time. It's possible, in case you didn't know.

Of course we didn't know. We play action games as if we were playing point-and-click strategy games. That's not the point. Carrier is obviously a time saver, among many others. It's there to help ease up the multitasking part of the game. It helps me prioritize objectives, rather than scanning rooms for loot, while under fire, and with the mission objectives in mind, not to mention my teammates.

Edited by JRMC

Lazy isn't the correct thing to say, lots of narrow minded and dense responses. I don't want to spend my time running over an orb sometimes several times due to the Host's ping, Carrier solves a lot of detection problems with host and peer as well as sucking up any mods through walls, and tiny areas in geometry.

No it's not lazy, it's convenient and helpful, spending time having to tap your foot on a piece of loot when you can pick up several at a time is a god-send and I rarely wish to use any other sentinel other then mastery fodder.

And you can get upset over that if you wish, but Carrier is one of the best Companions due to the nature of this game.

A Kubrow with a similar design would be nice, I do like the Kubrows, but mahcurrir

Edited by Shokky

Enlighten yourself

Google is free to use.

I'd like to encourage you to type "DEAC" into google and see the millions of results that come up for an acronym that you probably made up on the spot and no one else but you could ever understand- rather than being unhelpful.

I'd like to encourage you to type "DEAC" into google and see the millions of results that come up for an acronym that you probably made up on the spot and no one else but you could ever understand- rather than being unhelpful.

Ok so you don't know how to search for specifics in google. Your opinions will be ignored.