Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On The Topic Of Vauban Aka Booben.

Vauban is a Warframe that uses external means to use his powers.

As you know Vauban throws out balls that hold a certain ability of whatever Vauban sees fit at the moment (Bastille, Bounce). This is a big difference compared to a Warframe such as Ember or Limbo.

Which begs the question. Why does he need the balls to use his powers? Why can't he directly cast a Vortex or bastille out of his hands? I think we'd love some lore bits on how the Vauban Warframe works and how it is the way it is.

Also, for the record Vauban is the least organic warframe out of the bunch as his suit of armor... actually looks like a suit anyone could put on.

270px-VaubanNewLook.png Remember to Praise Booben

Also, for the record Vauban is the least organic warframe out of the bunch as his suit of armor... actually looks like a suit anyone could put on.

How does this make him the least organic of all warframes? If anything woulden't it make him seem more organic?

Also since vauban is supposed to be a "trapper" dosen't it make sense that he can throw his abilities to place them in more tactical positions?

I would assume Vauban's powers are volatile and uncontrollable on his own and thus require technology to direct that energy in a safe predictable manner. It may also be possible that his power isn't all that impressive on its own, but can be used to power the gadgets he has invented. This does point out one major flaw with this game though, one which has been driving me nuts lately. The fact is we know virtually nothing about what is really going on in this game. The devs have made a solid game where we get to be ninjas and run around doing mercenary work in space. That's awesome and all but why? Who is Vauban? Why does he fight for the Lotus? Why do any of us?

I can't see Booben without remembering the original thread and bursting out laughing.

I play a game and a guy is shoot with me

I ask what man

He say he is booben

How is booben form

Lmao anyway, I always though he was a mix of Corpus technology and his balls were the "powers" but he doesn't do anything special except for failing at throwing them a decent distance.

I like it personally. The cast delay is minimal, it's a quirk that makes him interesting, and also makes him the only frame in the game that can cast every single one of its abilities at any time while not interrupting anything he's doing - be it shooting, reloading, flying etc.

Vauban is a Warframe that uses external means to use his powers.

As you know Vauban throws out balls that hold a certain ability of whatever Vauban sees fit at the moment (Bastille, Bounce). This is a big difference compared to a Warframe such as Ember or Limbo.

Which begs the question. Why does he need the balls to use his powers? Why can't he directly cast a Vortex or bastille out of his hands? I think we'd love some lore bits on how the Vauban Warframe works and how it is the way it is.

270px-VaubanNewLook.png Remember to Praise Booben

Once you see the incredibly goofy looking face that Vauban has you can't unsee it.