Volt's Capacitance Augment

(XBOX)TsK x BraVo

Question

I think this would go here rather than General Discussion, yeah?

So, has anyone used this mod and do you think it's useful? By this I mean are the overshields worth the effort when I'm going into T3-T4 endless keys? I'll give an example of what I wanted to do.

So after I bought that Capacitance mod, maxed it out, made some space on Volt, I wanted to go to a Void Survival to see how good the benefits were. I pictured that after 10 minutes or so as enemies started to swarm we could near immediately get this overshields and hang on a little longer, (this is in the perspective of camping a room together). Sadly I was never able to to try this. I was told to leave literally EVERY survival I joined because I wasn't part of the 'meta' team. Apparently if you're not Nekros, Nova, Vauban, or Trinity you can't play survivals.. I suppose I'll have to get some friends together at one point to try it out but I figured I'd ask here first for any personal experiences.

Thanks guys.

Edited by (XB1)TsK x BraVo

9 answers to this question

Im not sure how good my notes are on the augment since I have never ever once touched corrupted mods on my frames, or put forma into them, I can confirm that it does give about 1-10 seconds worth of shields under direct fire, depending on how much damage overload does.
I have notice that depending on positioning of the moment when you cast it greatly affects how much shields you receive, meaning you have to be in harms way to get the full benefit. If your a highly mobile/smart/Defense/cooperative player then that 1-10 seconds can easliy be extended to stupid amounts of time.

Personally I love it but do not expect it to be anywhere near close to meta changing. So realy its in the eyes of the beholder.

Im not sure how good my notes are on the augment since I have never ever once touched corrupted mods on my frames, or put forma into them, I can confirm that it does give about 1-10 seconds worth of shields under direct fire, depending on how much damage overload does.

I have notice that depending on positioning of the moment when you cast it greatly affects how much shields you receive, meaning you have to be in harms way to get the full benefit. If your a highly mobile/smart/Defense/cooperative player then that 1-10 seconds can easliy be extended to stupid amounts of time.

Personally I love it but do not expect it to be anywhere near close to meta changing. So realy its in the eyes of the beholder.

While I'm not saying it's a bad augment by any means- I would like to know where you were that a few hundred shields gave you 1-10 seconds of direct fire protection... I'm assuming Saturn tops.

While I'm not saying it's a bad augment by any means- I would like to know where you were that a few hundred shields gave you 1-10 seconds of direct fire protection... I'm assuming Saturn tops.

T-IV Survival

When your used to using low tier weapons with un-optimized builds, with un-optimized frames, you get creative in finding out how not to die under direct fire.

T-IV Survival

When your used to using low tier weapons with un-optimized builds, with un-optimized frames, you get creative in finding out how not to die under direct fire.

I consider "direct fire" as standing still taking direct damage nonstop from every enemy in the area- not hopping around, blocking, or covering them in CC. If you're doing any of that then I see how it could last 1-10 seconds (at least).

I consider "direct fire" as standing still taking direct damage nonstop from every enemy in the area- not hopping around, blocking, or covering them in CC. If you're doing any of that then I see how it could last 1-10 seconds (at least).

Hmm, perhaps I should have chosen better words, when I hear under Direct Fire, I associate it with weapons targets directly at you and hitting within immediate proximity or actually hitting.

If your a highly mobile/smart/Defense/cooperative player then that 1-10 seconds can easliy be extended to stupid amounts of time.

^ This implies that the 1-10 seconds is without being a mobile, smart, defensive or cooperative player, so damage avoidance through movement/cover would not be included in that estimate. 

Anyhow, overshields are nice when they're tacked onto an ability you use regularly, and would use without the augment. This is the case for EV and Shield Polarize. For me, I don't use Overload all that often; I'm more of a buff + cover Volt, using shields, speed and his Shock augment to buff and protect teammates (and occasional Shock to CC).

So some extra shielding now and then isn't that amazing for my playstyle, which revolves around not getting shot - ever - because I'm generally popping shields everywhere. Now if you do happen to use OL on a frequent, regular basis the augment could be quite helpful to you and your team.

Edited by Darzk

With a high efficiency Volt build, you can spam Overload quite often - not as a true "nuke" but as a sort of regular mini-nuke + steady supply of cc if and when the team is being overwhelmed.  In that case, I can see this augment being useful (e.g. in Defences) to help "carry" a poor random team.

the only problem I have with my capacitance spamming build is the negative duration, since volt's overload works the same way as trinity's EV. which means I have a great defensive skill, with electric proc stun and shield heal, but I don't have the mobility a normal volt build would have.