Can We Ever Have Our Old Glorius Physx Back As An Option

Isn't it already an option?

I think the particle effects or sth like that in the display options have similar effects, I tried it once but it reduced the DPS so I turn it off again.

I am not sure if that's exactly what you want tho, just seems similar if I don't remember wrong.

Maybe at some point they'll come up with a particle system that isn't just a flashbang everytime somebody scrapes their fork across their dinner plate.

Disagreeing and belittling are different things. Look it up, it'll help your vocab.

Your ego is working overtime.

Internet tough guys. LOL. Sad.

I don't have Nvidia, but I personally wouldn't mind if they brought this back, brings alot of eye candy to the game. ((I wish I had Nvidia, but AMD still is great. :) ))

off topic. I REALLY want the charged melee attack again. ;.;

Edited by Lonewolf115

vendor specific effects need to die already. I'm tired of games using Gameworks, because the developers are to lazy to come up with their own solutions that work on both sides of the hardware market. Weather you're a Nvidia or AMD user, you should understand that how things stand now is the worst possible scenario for PC gaming. 

Just the recent examples of G-Sync vs. Freesync make my head hurt, now because those Nvidia and AMD shill exec can't come together, we have to buy monitors based on what card we have, and 2 years down the road if you happen to switch to the other manufacturer you would need to buy a new monitor too. 

It's just idiotic at best. 

The sad part is, that both Nvidia and AMD have different approaches at the same problems, so they give us two solutions which "work" only on their cards, that said AMD isn't as bad as Nvidia in that regard, but still. Those guys should just be slapped until they step together and develop a framework that works on both brands, and game develoeprs should start ignoring those middleware solutions and come with their own game specific one, if they could do it in the 90's and early 2000's they can still do it now in hopes that this crap dies out completely. 

vendor specific effects need to die already. I'm tired of games using Gameworks, because the developers are to lazy to come up with their own solutions that work on both sides of the hardware market. Weather you're a Nvidia or AMD user, you should understand that how things stand now is the worst possible scenario for PC gaming. 

Just the recent examples of G-Sync vs. Freesync make my head hurt, now because those Nvidia and AMD shill exec can't come together, we have to buy monitors based on what card we have, and 2 years down the road if you happen to switch to the other manufacturer you would need to buy a new monitor too. 

It's just idiotic at best. 

The sad part is, that both Nvidia and AMD have different approaches at the same problems, so they give us two solutions which "work" only on their cards, that said AMD isn't as bad as Nvidia in that regard, but still. Those guys should just be slapped until they step together and develop a framework that works on both brands, and game develoeprs should start ignoring those middleware solutions and come with their own game specific one, if they could do it in the 90's and early 2000's they can still do it now in hopes that this crap dies out completely. 

I see you don't know how competition and business works or just want to think of a perfect world. Also what in the sweet fudge are you talking about? Those monitors aren't required by any means. They are completely optional as this physx should've been. But no this is NOT the worse because it brings competition which in the end brings competitive prices which in the end = good for consumer. It causes them to push harder and make better. Innovation is fueled by competition after all. Is it nice to think of a perfect world where everyone comes together? sure! but this ain't it and probably will never be. I know where you were going but i'm sorry there are so many things wrong with what you said. 

At any rate let me eyes bleed! bring this back ; ~;

It wasn't in the "early" days of Warframe. LOL.

Also, PhysX looks horrible and you should be ashamed.

Feels good, I don't want to not be ashamed then.

Deal with it :)

I wish they would bring it back. They only got rid of it because consoles couldn't run it and they didn't want pc to outshine them too much.

PS ignore trolls who don't understand how games work.

That is the dumbest reason ever said...

I gave you an answer.

It may not be the one you were looking for but I assume it is the correct one.

If we bring back the old ones you know how much longer updates will take to process?

You know how much better the game would look? Don't think people would mind the wait if that is so. Worth it.

And what do you know about Warframe's update process?

I'm mixing words around right now.

Back to the point of having nothing to do so I stay up late---..

Anyways.

I highly doubt they would bring the old one back and it's pretty much what others have said.

High>med>low.

But then we will get the users who try to run too much when they are host and just lose connection the the game because they get greedy.

Now you're making excuses :)

Yes those were glorious days, bring back those beautiful face melting PhysX effects. 

Looking back at those old videos (& screenshots) Game has lost some of its awesome lighting. :(

Plz DE bring em back as optional in video settings. Current ones are lackluster to say the least.

I'm mixing words around right now.

Back to the point of having nothing to do so I stay up late---..

Anyways.

I highly doubt they would bring the old one back and it's pretty much what others have said.

High>med>low.

But then we will get the users who try to run too much when they are host and just lose connection the the game because they get greedy.

physx is client side, no graphical data goes to the other players who have connected. in fact, no specific graphical data is sent at all, only player actions and locations. whether physx is on or off does nothing to a users internet connectivity.

Their contract with Nvidia must have expired when they implemented the new "worse" physx, that's why now AMD users can use it to some extent as well

That's what I think happened

I'd love to have the old Physx back as another option

Edited by Kespertive

Also not to get off topic but I think the lighting is way better in that video

Following another guy who pointed that out in the other thread about Physx and demonstrated it via side-by-side comparison, I was so incensed by it that I made a thread about it in General Feedback just recently:-

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/498051-why-does-warframe-look-worse-now-than-it-did-before/

It really pisses me off that the game's looks have (apparently) degraded over the years to cater to the LCD.  I can understand it - devs have to apportion resources to get the most bang for buck for them - but I still resent it and it annoys me.

*sigh* !"£$%^& consoles

Edited by Omnimorph

Would be nice when there were an option like in Batman or other Physx games where you can choose Physx -Low-Middle-High

This would be awesome.

@Omnimorph

I prefer the old looking from Warframe over the new one.

Edited by K0bra

+1 for this, PhysX was one of the reasons why I picked this game up, as it could serve as a free tech demo / benchmark tool to test my new GPU.

After realising that the demo on YT is outdated... well, I stayed for the content and now I'm here with 400+ hours in the game.

Apart from being an eye-candy, physx adds depth and immersion to the gameplay thanks to the collision sytem of particles, which makes it all seem more natural than a standard particle effect that'll phase through the ground as soon as it touches it...

I see you don't know how competition and business works or just want to think of a perfect world. Also what in the sweet fudge are you talking about? Those monitors aren't required by any means. They are completely optional as this physx should've been. But no this is NOT the worse because it brings competition which in the end brings competitive prices which in the end = good for consumer. It causes them to push harder and make better. Innovation is fueled by competition after all. Is it nice to think of a perfect world where everyone comes together? sure! but this ain't it and probably will never be. I know where you were going but i'm sorry there are so many things wrong with what you said. 

At any rate let me eyes bleed! bring this back ; ~;

This has nothing to do with competition, because rarely someone buys Nvidia over AMD because of Gameworks, they make their buying decision based on frame performance benchmarks, power consumption, noise and temperature statistics. Same goes for AMD tressFX  and similar, but as said in my previous post, AMD is about 90% benign when it comes to proprietary features compared to Nvidia. 

Gameworks is nothing more but proprietary bullS#&$, which could easily run on AMD cads, but alas they are just idiots. I wonder if you would call it competition if Intel CPUs could run certain programs/games which AMD couldn't and vice versa, because there is some proprietary instruction sets available to each CPU brand. 

Don't exactly know the state of PhysiX now if it's proprietary to Nvidia or if it runs on both, but back in the day when PhysX came on the market it ran of the CPU if you didn't have the dedicated PhysX card, then Nvidia bought them and made it Nvidia only - this right here is bullS#&$. It's like buying Havoc or Speedtree and make it specific vendor only - that's not competition that's borderline criminal and probably is.