Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Ever Have Our Old Glorius Physx Back As An Option

I would love to have it. I have missed it too as looking back to the older trailers and I find it sad that it was taken away. It must be optional anyway, not only because of different preferences but not everyone has PhysX so it would be nice that those of us that do have the capability could choose to use or not to use it on few different levels from the old to the current one basically. I loved the old one, it did not hinder me at all personally but I get why some people did not like it and would prefer cleaner version instead. Bring it back as an optional setting, please.

This has nothing to do with competition, because rarely someone buys Nvidia over AMD because of Gameworks, they make their buying decision based on frame performance benchmarks, power consumption, noise and temperature statistics. Same goes for AMD tressFX  and similar, but as said in my previous post, AMD is about 90% benign when it comes to proprietary features compared to Nvidia. 

Gameworks is nothing more but proprietary bullS#&$, which could easily run on AMD cads, but alas they are just idiots. I wonder if you would call it competition if Intel CPUs could run certain programs/games which AMD couldn't and vice versa, because there is some proprietary instruction sets available to each CPU brand. 

Don't exactly know the state of PhysiX now if it's proprietary to Nvidia or if it runs on both, but back in the day when PhysX came on the market it ran of the CPU if you didn't have the dedicated PhysX card, then Nvidia bought them and made it Nvidia only - this right here is bullS#&$. It's like buying Havoc or Speedtree and make it specific vendor only - that's not competition that's borderline criminal and probably is. 

Seems to me you like AMD cards but lets be honest, Nvidia is dominating and will always be better then AMD, get over it.

DE released 17.0.4 which in the description, states it brings back PhysX effects, but after testing, I see no difference :(

I think it was just a fix for some of the missing physx effects we previously had prior to this topic being posted. Not a full restoration of what was taken away a while ago.

:/

Anyone remember how glorius and pretty the old Physx system was any chance we could have them back as an option maybe it'd the new "high" option, where the current Physx settings would be considered medium

For anyone who doesn't know or remember what I am refering too here is the original Physx Demo that I remember using in the early days of Warframe

I hope that after U17 is out we may be able to finally get this back one day

*edit*

I know some people don't like it but others do which is why I wish it was implemented as a graphics setting 

That looks mad nice, too bad I got an AMD card LOL. r9 280x

Well while I would enjoy the GFX in Warframe to get a major upgrade (and there is no disputing using latest PhysX would help) its unlikely to happen.

DE wants to cater to every potato and toaster oven gamer there is, because they believe doing that will net them more $$$ (or more likely cause them to have to sell more of the company).

I highly enjoy playing games that tax my rig, Warframe unfortunately will never be one of them... and thats considering that my current 'personal' use rig is about a potato compared to my 'work' rig.

PhysX:

-Off

-Low

-Medium

-High

-Very High

Problem solved.

I don't recall PhysX effects being even remotely close to what we see in this video.

But hey, it's a promotional trailer, everything always look better in those than in reality. It's what they're made for.

Plus it probably runs on teslas just to be smooth. Most GPU's would burn, lowest tier GPU's would explode.

I don't recall PhysX effects being even remotely close to what we see in this video.

But hey, it's a promotional trailer, everything always look better in those than in reality. It's what they're made for.

Plus it probably runs on teslas just to be smooth. Most GPU's would burn, lowest tier GPU's would explode.

PhysX:

-Off

-Low

-Medium

-High

-Very High

Problem solved.

So... Not sure if this has always been here, but I just saw a toggle in the display menu for Nvidia PhysX Effects.

Looks like your wish is coming true!

Fairly sure that toggle has always been there.

I'm sceptical about DE returning it to its glory days :/

• 2 weeks later...

Made a post on the devstream about this. Hoping for a response.

There has been a few threads popping up in the last few months dedicated toward restoring the original APEX particles in Warframe.I've personally been asking as much as I can on each Devstream thread for some clarification on wether or not we could have the original APEX particles restored and have yet to see an answer. 

Threads pop of from time to time with several people asking but most are completely shut down by others. There is an obvious want toward the restoration of the original PhysX system (https://forums.warfr...k-as-an-option/) and ( https://forums.warfr...-it-did-before/)

The obvious display of desire for PhysX to be restored to it's former state is very much here.

PhysX was one of the reasons why I picked this game up, as it could serve as a free tech demo / benchmark tool to test my new GPU.

- epikus29

I miss physx the most, they pretty much killed it.

-Towermice

Yeah I miss old Physx. I'll admit after they changed it, I actually didn't realize I had the option turned on until I checked. The current one is kinda bland.

-DecapitatingJim

So could we please, have an official response on this?

Several options have been presented by the community (namely things such as a low, medium, high, and very high option, or a "Particle Density" slider could very easily solve the issue.) And the recent addition of APEX particles to Banshee's Push & one of Valkyr's abilities is a restoring some hope. Instead of removing options for the playerbase you guys add some more so the entire community can obtain what they want graphically, making everyone happy. 

It, in my personal opinion, makes the game look much more appealing to the eye. I mean, look at the radial javelin in this screen shot. It make's the ability itself more interesting to use. 

Spoiler 

They truly added what felt like to me, A unique visual style to the game that has now been removed.

Spoiler 

I hope for the developers to revisit these because at the moment, PhysX really isn't worth the extra kick in the framerate. At the moment it seems completely bare-bones (The only things that generate APEX particles at the moment seem to be: Dying Infested, Capture Targets, Bombard/Heavy Gunner radial bursts, Banshee's 1, Valkyrs Ability (I can't remember the name), and one of Volt's idle animations.) A response to this would be great. 

Thank you for your time.

Regardless, I can't wait for the next Devstream!

Edited by -Sora-

Also not to get off topic but I think the lighting is way better in that video

I think that video was taken with Sweetfx on. Sweetfx doesn't affect the physX sparks by any means but it does alters lighting.

And please DE add the option to turn on those sparks again, at full throtle, not those crappy zipping flies we have now.