Kubrows And Kubrow Aesthetics

Jamescell

Kubrows are currently a less convenient alternative to sentinels. Regardless of their "effectiveness" they require significant amounts of resources to upkeep, are often liabilities in combat, and require quite a lot of work to breed int he first place. 

I think that a great way to increase the convenience of kubrows would be to combine all breeds. In my opinion, splitting kubrow abilities into sub-groups of breeds is arbitrary and an unnecessary complication. Kubrows require a great deal of work compared to sentinels- thus a combination of kubrow classes would counter the comparatively effortless upkeep for sentinels. Merging the breeds of Kubrow would mean that players could equip at least any two of the currently available ability mods if not one or two more. 

Regarding kubrow aesthetics: I think that the amount of customization currently available is far from ideal. It's okay if it costs platinum, but there should be a comprehensive kubrow aesthetic system that lets players change the shape, weight, pattern and color of their kubrow however they please. 

Furthermore, I personally don't like how kubrows look in coordination with Tenno. Warframes are slick, xeno-style warriors whereas kubrows are dogs with prickly fur everywhere. I would pay 100 plat for a kubrow armor set that gave them a full body suit somewhat like a warframe. 

I don't think they're less convenient at all. My Raksa howls to CC enemies and boosts my shields, while also giving me a protective aura when reviving enemies and detecting both loot and hostiles. Also, they don't get instantly rekt by a t4 bombard rocket. 75k is nothing man, that's like two void runs. I also don't have to worry about de-equipping my weapon mods because oh lol, sentinel weapon is using them. The only sentinel I've ever used is Carrier because it's a vacuum. Otherwise, it's the fuzzy dogs all the way. 

If DE gave kubrows a skin to look like blade wolf from MGR, I'd throw tons of plat at the screen.

I really don't see how the upkeep is significant. If you're using the DNA stabilizers efficiently, it's 75K credits every 24 days or 6 days, if you're actually using them up every day.

Kubrows are also hardly liabilities in combat, they're the exact opposite. The ability to revive them alone is enough to trump Sentinels in survivability, but they have link mods as well to boost health/shields that outclass most frames, much less Sentinels.

I really don't see how the upkeep is significant. If you're using the DNA stabilizers efficiently, it's 75K credits every 24 days or 6 days, if you're actually using them up every day.

Kubrows are also hardly liabilities in combat, they're the exact opposite. The ability to revive them alone is enough to trump Sentinels in survivability, but they have link mods as well to boost health/shields that outclass most frames, much less Sentinels.

the reason why most people see it that way is because they dont bother maxing out their mods sadly. ive noticed this with clan members when they tell me why i take them in t4 and then i ask them are your mods all the way up? and they usually say "no it keeps dying" -_- they dont understand that carrier dies too but you just dont notice since there is no consequence for their deaths .

The upkeep is not the problem, but one Kubrow died because I made a longer break and forgot to but it in stasis. 

My problem are the kubrow mods, the need to much fusion cores and I always need the cores for other more important mods.