Vote To Kick Or Disable Loot/exp Earned For Extreme Leech Cases Or In Game Report Function

Tiru92

First of all, sorry for the long title. Its very frustrating to see such players not doing their part and only leeching away our efforts and you might be wondering what do i mean by extreme case.

As seen in the picture below, it is a regular 4 wave draco run at ceres and this guy did nothing for all 4 waves and left happily after the game ended earning exp from our kills. He came in completely unranked(rank 0) top to bottom except his frame. 

So here i am wondering, is there anything that i can do to prevent such a thing happening again or is there already a way to handle such cases and i'm just not well informed. If there aren't any ways to handle such cases i would love to bring this issue to the attention of the one who are in charge to implement solutions such as :

Vote to Kick
Players will be able to vote to kick those deemed to be not doing any work and leeching away or perhaps trolling around and making our lives harder.

Disadvantage: Abuse of Power. (Ex: Three people in a party[in game] waiting for a friend to join and suddenly a stranger joins, gets booted just so their friend can join them)

Disable Loot/Exp Earned

The counter measure system will kick in to prevent a particular leecher from earning any exp/loot for that particular run.

Disadvantage: Determining the leecher.

In Game Report

I can see this being implemented as it is the most viable solution to it. Provided that each runs has their own unique code and with the report being made towards a player in game can be tied with that unique run code and those in charge can take a look of the run statistics and determine he is guilty or not.

Disadvantage: Based on statistics we can determine the person has leeched without putting moderate amount of effort, however its impossible to determine players who misconduct(Ex: Killing simaris synthesis target, purposely completing the game when we inform that we are hunting for medallion)

I'm sure some people might be wondering there is already a report function for players, but i don't think there will be ever a time you'd be reporting someone for spam, offensive language, offensive name, harassment, real life threat. I'm sure that even some of us don't even know the report function existed.

Overall, these are some of my flawed suggestions which can be improved in so many ways and i'm leaving this for the professionals to improve or come up with better solutions. At the end of the day all i want is a solution which works well against such players who misconduct. I don't mind if some players wants to leech some exp, but don't overdo it, put some effort in killing. Lastly i would like to apologize if i had offended anyone. Thank you.

So here's what i mean by extreme leeching. It doesn't matter what his reason was, but he leeched happily.

WF_Leecher_2.jpg

Edit:I was told not to show their names to prevent the topic being locked. Thanks for the advice.

Edited by Tiru92

dont show their name if you dont want this topic to be locked (admin rules saddly)
this kind of person is kinda rare and i think DE is scared to make an abusement of these report/kick thats why they never did it.
I would prefer staff to be more present and available to punish/warn them by a way

Edited by cob_metallica

dont show their name if you dont want this topic to be locked (admin rules saddly)

this kind of person is kinda rare and i think DE is scared to make an abusement of these report/kick thats why they never did it.

I would prefer staff to be more present and available to punish/adverstise them by a way

Thanks for the advice mate, just edited the post.

You should have let them cap all points and let the grineer win. Thats tge best way to deal with leechers.

I thought he has something important to do, so i was fine with him being like that for a while and by the time i realized he was leeching it was too late, besides i didnt want to lose the exp i have earned too.

If they're going to try to preserve the community's non-toxic integrity by refusing to add a vote-kick system (Which I'm all for, I don't want my Warframe to turn into WoW or League), they need to at least take reports very seriously, because this S#&$ is intolerable. Has DE ever posted their stance on mooches and AFK XP leechers before?

If they're going to try to preserve the community's non-toxic integrity by refusing to add a vote-kick system (Which I'm all for, I don't want my Warframe to turn into WoW or League), they need to at least take reports very seriously, because this S#&$ is intolerable. Has DE ever posted their stance on mooches and AFK XP leechers before?

yeah seriously they have to do something about it. its about time they consider seeing this issue as a serious matter. im not sure if they have ever brought up this topic before or not. 

well the idea of inviting friends... the host should just set the session to private.

and i know how you feel. the game seriously needs a vote to kick mechanic. lets say if the player is already in the game but then does not move from a spot for 2 minutes? *maybe longer? 5 if someone needs to go to the bath room i suppose* the game automatically launches a vote to remove said user? 

so if thats the case it could help as its automated and players are not able to initiate it by themselves which should help reduce the abuse of this ability.

and in places like draco it will open up the slot for someone else who wants to play in a group. provided that the objective * wave 4* is complete

First of all, sorry for the long title. Its very frustrating to see such players not doing their part and only leeching away our efforts and you might be wondering what do i mean by extreme case.

As seen in the picture below, it is a regular 4 wave draco run at ceres and this guy did nothing for all 4 waves and left happily after the game ended earning exp from our kills. He came in completely unranked(rank 0) top to bottom except his frame.

So here i am wondering, is there anything that i can do to prevent such a thing happening again or is there already a way to handle such cases and i'm just not well informed. If there aren't any ways to handle such cases i would love to bring this issue to the attention of the one who are in charge to implement solutions such as :

Vote to Kick

Players will be able to vote to kick those deemed to be not doing any work and leeching away or perhaps trolling around and making our lives harder.

Disadvantage: Abuse of Power. (Ex: Three people in a party[in game] waiting for a friend to join and suddenly a stranger joins, gets booted just so their friend can join them)

Disable Loot/Exp Earned

The counter measure system will kick in to prevent a particular leecher from earning any exp/loot for that particular run.

Disadvantage: Determining the leecher.

In Game Report

I can see this being implemented as it is the most viable solution to it. Provided that each runs has their own unique code and with the report being made towards a player in game can be tied with that unique run code and those in charge can take a look of the run statistics and determine he is guilty or not.

Disadvantage: Based on statistics we can determine the person has leeched without putting moderate amount of effort, however its impossible to determine players who misconduct(Ex: Killing simaris synthesis target, purposely completing the game when we inform that we are hunting for medallion)

I'm sure some people might be wondering there is already a report function for players, but i don't think there will be ever a time you'd be reporting someone for spam, offensive language, offensive name, harassment, real life threat. I'm sure that even some of us don't even know the report function existed.

Overall, these are some of my flawed suggestions which can be improved in so many ways and i'm leaving this for the professionals to improve or come up with better solutions. At the end of the day all i want is a solution which works well against such players who misconduct. I don't mind if some players wants to leech some exp, but don't overdo it, put some effort in killing. Lastly i would like to apologize if i had offended anyone. Thank you.

So here's what i mean by extreme leeching. It doesn't matter what his reason was, but he leeched happily.

WF_Leecher_2.jpg

Edit:I was told not to show their names to prevent the topic being locked. Thanks for the advice.

First of all, live with it.. he didnt do something wrong at all. And secondly when i see the kills ur team did theres not much to leech from

Too many trolls for a kick system. Soon Warframe will just be a solo play game as people keep kicking other players, and no one is able to find a party to play in. I know I always play as things, and use things nobody likes even though I am good with them and wish I was not in their party at all. Meaning I would be kicked all the time from squads forced to play solo for all eternity...

Kick system is BAD because it would outright destroy warframe. It would drop all ratings on warframe from being that overly positive game to that mixed or extremely negative rating. It would be hell...

If they're going to try to preserve the community's non-toxic integrity by refusing to add a vote-kick system

This doesn't preserve non-toxic, this actually allows community to be toxic. The only people who are being vote-kicked in game like L4D2 and CSGO are toxic players and afkers/trolls. This "omg votekick is evil" hysteria is ridiculous.

Take a note that L4D2 is extremely close to Warframe gameplay concept-wise and I have around 2k hours in both L4D2 and Warframe.

Furthermore, ugly afk detection which is implemented currently mostly hurts legit players. With votekick implemented, it can go away.

Edited by SonicSonedit

This doesn't preserve non-toxic, this actually allows community to be toxic. The only people who are being vote-kicked in game like L4D2 and CSGO are toxic players and afkers/trolls. This "omg votekick is evil" hysteria is ridiculous.

Take a note that L4D2 is extremely close to Warframe gameplay concept-wise and I have around 2k hours in both L4D2 and Warframe.

Furthermore, ugly afk detection which is implemented currently mostly hurts legit players. With votekick implemented, it can go away.

HOWEVER L4D2 is a game you have to buy. Which most people won't bother to do. Meanwhile Warframe is free. This make it easier for trolls to pour in more easily. So if you can give a free to play example which there has been TONS of free to plays that crash and burn to trolls I will agree with you maybe.

First of all, live with it.. he didnt do something wrong at all. And secondly when i see the kills ur team did theres not much to leech from

he didnt do something wrong at all? i guess everyone should start doing it then.

well the idea of inviting friends... the host should just set the session to private.

and i know how you feel. the game seriously needs a vote to kick mechanic. lets say if the player is already in the game but then does not move from a spot for 2 minutes? *maybe longer? 5 if someone needs to go to the bath room i suppose* the game automatically launches a vote to remove said user? 

so if thats the case it could help as its automated and players are not able to initiate it by themselves which should help reduce the abuse of this ability.

and in places like draco it will open up the slot for someone else who wants to play in a group. provided that the objective * wave 4* is complete

like i said before my ideas have many flaws and there are ways to improve it. and the improvement you have suggested seems to be really nice too. xD

Too many trolls for a kick system. Soon Warframe will just be a solo play game as people keep kicking other players, and no one is able to find a party to play in. I know I always play as things, and use things nobody likes even though I am good with them and wish I was not in their party at all. Meaning I would be kicked all the time from squads forced to play solo for all eternity...

Kick system is BAD because it would outright destroy warframe. It would drop all ratings on warframe from being that overly positive game to that mixed or extremely negative rating. It would be hell...

yeah i have to agree with you a kick system would be not be appropriate unless it was improved or implemented in such a way it cant be completely abused. however i did mention that a reporting function would be a viable solution.

HOWEVER L4D2 is a game you have to buy. Which most people won't bother to do. Meanwhile Warframe is free. This make it easier for trolls to pour in more easily. So if you can give a free to play example which there has been TONS of free to plays that crash and burn to trolls I will agree with you maybe.

L4D2 was given away for free 4 times already in Steam. Every year after 2011 basically. And it was for sale 2-4$ numerous times, so basically "pay to play filters community" doesn't apply here.

The simple fix is to balance all the frames and then make it so that xp gain is tied solely to the player's contribution. There shouldn't even be xp sharing in the first place and this will force them to fix some obvious problems like Mesa's peacemaker. There are plenty of games that don't have team shared xp and a laggard shouldn't deserve free extra xp because most likely that person dragged the team down.

Edited by ivlr3vil

I'd like to see a kick button when forming groups, fed up of idiots trying their luck in keyshares.

I'd also like to se a way for confiscating rewards from people who join a keyshare and quit when it's their turn to provide the key.

Kicking people, or taking away their rewards in game for not putting enough effort in can be a slippery slope. I mean if they've done literally nothing then yes sure. However if they're jus tnot veyr good I don't think it's fair to punish people and it could easily lead to obnoxious elitists trolling new players by inviting them to a game and then voting like that towards the end of the mission.

They do take reports seriously.  You have to use "support" through the website, not the game.  The In-game thing does not work.

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with the OP simply because of a few reasons why I see a vote kick option would do more bad for this community than good.

1. Current Meta is rather toxic and would enforce players to play specific frames when trying to have fun if forming a group.
2. The community is rather very competitive despite this being a PvE game mostly (and pvp) this would advocate discrimination.
3. It would allow more trolls to come in and mess up your playing experience a lot more than an Afker/Leech I highly recommend punching a few pillows and reporting the offender to support. I don't know about you, but I rarely have these type of players in my session to begin with.