Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With New Star Chart, Will We Get A More Coherent Solar System?

Coryphaus

The dev's openly admit that Phobos doesn't make sense, and they will get around to fixing it. As for Uranus, I heard that the Orokin altered the gases to create a liquid state. I also learned that its gravity that bad. The pressure would have to be dealt with but maybe the liquid transformation leveled it off. Point is, for the level of space magic, I can suspend my disbelief.

The gravity changes for some of the other worlds is tricky, as I don't know how you add mass to a world without serious cost and complications, but that's why they where Orokin, I guess.

Anyways, the dev's are aware of the incongruities. They will approach each one on a case by case and balance the artistic vision with the reasonable expectation, and we will be the test of how successful each attempt is.

It's good to know the devs are aware of this! This is definitely a thinking man's game.

I wasn't around before the current incarnation of the star chart. It is possible that a comparison of the previous and upcoming changes could reveal more about the devs direction.

All of this is super-exciting!

mainly because I want to butcher Infested across the solar system

Edited by Coryphaus

For all you know that isn't even our Phobos and is simply named after the Martian Moon. The Orokin could've just gathered a crap ton of asteroids from around the Solar System, lumped them all together over Mars and then terraformed the new moon as they needed using their very advanced technologies, possibly naming it after the first asteroid that was placed.

As for the Uranus tilesrt, I'm pretty sure that tileset is based on one of the planet's moons and not the plane itself.

For all you know that isn't even our Phobos and is simply named after the Martian Moon. The Orokin could've just gathered a crap ton of asteroids from around the Solar System, lumped them all together over Mars and then terraformed the new moon as they needed using their very advanced technologies, possibly naming it after the first asteroid that was placed.

As for the Uranus tilesrt, I'm pretty sure that tileset is based on one of the planet's moons and not the plane itself.

... why... why would they terraform Phobos into a whole new planet... when it's right next to an actual planet? +_+'

... why... why would they terraform Phobos into a whole new planet... when it's right next to an actual planet? +_+'

Well not a planet, a moon.

They could've been trying to make more room by making the new Phobos. According to one of the Synthesis entries the Solar System had been been nearly depleted of resources, space could've been one of them.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

I just hope when the new Star Chart comes, the Underwater and Icy tile sets match with cold/liquid planets like Neptune. While the Smoky Gas tile sets go with the gaseous planets. I am slightly bothered right now because they don't match, but then again - its just a game, no need to be realistic.

Edited by Frostkeeper24