Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Find Coptering Hard To Execute ?

Zerdfer

If you are hurting you need to take a break.

Why should a video game cause you to hurt your fingers in the first place, while i can understand playing after can be tiresome

If you are hurting you need to take a break. While valid it also helps that basic mobility moves should be relatively easy to perform.

Im not ignoring anyone, i clearly said that if you couldn't do this you pretty much cant play games on pc.

And hear yourself if you can't do it (copter) you can't play games on pc. There's a massive jump in reasoning here with no bridge.

What does rationality have to do with anything in a sci-fi video game?

Just because it's a video game, that doesn't mean we throw logic out the window. Especially with how graphically glitching coptering was.

LOL! They made a video on this?

Can you link it.

@5:50 it was mentioned.

I didnt say you were bad, i said you couldn't play video games on k-board.

I'm still  waiting for the reasoning behind that.

Funny, because this is exactly what Steve said on the same stream the OP is talking about.

They just preface it with "hard to do" to excuse what's coming next.

"excuse" what's coming next.

The conspiracy is strong with you, but i'm just going to leave it here.

Coptering is easy for me, but that's because it became second nature and I grew up with fast-paced PC shooters.

I'm also used to leading fast-moving targets across great distances (Starsiege: Tribes) on terrible connections using non-hitscan weapons that inherit my OWN velocity, which I guess translated into calculating my own trajectories instead of my projectiles' with this game.

The only difficulty comes from not having the Stamina bar in the middle of the screen to easily see at all times whether I've regenerated enough of it to copter again without the sprint cutting off before I can slide.

Edited by Yezzik

I could imagine that it would be easier to execute on a controller...but on a keyboard it's a nightmare for new players imho. 

I mean as one of the "ancients" I eventually mastered it, and there is barely ever anyone that managed to be ahead of me(Especially since I always chose weapons that could copter around corners like Glaive/P)...but will I miss it? Hell no. I've always felt like it just destroys the actual feel and pace that DE wanted to go for...and I have high hopes for the new system. 

P.s. And like others said...it definitely ruined the choices of melee weapons for me. Which is a shame because I am a big melee enthusiast.

Edited by Shehriazad

Originally it was really easy to do on a controller, then they made roll/crouch one button and it made it have just enough delay to it to destroy my coptering.  My setup was:

L1: Spring
L3: Crouch
A: Jump
R1: Melee

Honestly though, i'm glad coptering is getting the axe.  It was semi-controllable at best and looked pretty silly anyways.

Edited by ZaiTheFish

To be quite honest, i never got the hang of coptering. Found a video once explaining how to do it but at the end thought it was pretty meh ...

Looks stupid. I play the game to vent my frustrations looking and pretending to be a badass. If i wanted to look stupid, i'd just buy a macbook and install Windows in it.

ktXxvpN.jpg

" How do you still find it funny after the millionth time doing it is beyond me. Yes, it was a little funny when we first discovered it. But I got tired of the aftermath of glitches. "

Funnier than survival camp to get ash parts or draco farm or earth interception in archwing 

If only we had coptering in archwing ....

Edited by Zerdfer

Why should a video game cause you to hurt your fingers in the first place, while i can understand playing after can be tiresome

If you are hurting you need to take a break. While valid it also helps that basic mobility moves should be relatively easy to perform.

Anyone continuous movement done for a long time will make you hurt.

This is a fact.

If you are hurting, take a break.

And hear yourself if you can't do it (copter) you can't play games on pc. There's a massive jump in reasoning here with no bridge.

Well, we are talking about an action game. I guess i should've clarified that we are talking about action\shooting games.

Im sure if you cant copter you can still play Angry Birds.

Just because it's a video game, that doesn't mean we throw logic out the window.

It's a video game, that means the first thing that happens is that some logic gets thrown out the window.

There is absolutely no ground in trying to use a logic argument in a video game.

Especially with how graphically glitching coptering was.

What was "graphically glitching" about it.

@5:50 it was mentioned.

I knew i was going to laugh. An awesome move you cant execute consistently.

Why did i laugh? Cause they start with the Hadouken. I taught one of my friends how to play Street Fighter and at the start he thought that these moves were impossible. Years later he plays fine and we laugh about that time.

I can perform coptering consistently.

A whole mess of people can. Pretty sure It's not 50/50.

Learn to do it or dont do it.

There are several people here giving you tips on how to perform it.

There was nothing difficult about it.

But it now doesnt matter because DE has for a while nerfed everything to bring in the noob audience.

I'm still  waiting for the reasoning behind that.

Clarified on top.

You cant play action\shooter games.

cause this combination of moves is seen in other games of this type.

"excuse" what's coming next.

The conspiracy is strong with you, but i'm just going to leave it here.

Again, they said on stream.

Deny it all you want but their words are on video.

Was it hard? No. Did it tire your hands? Yes. I couldn't figure out a good key map to relieve the fatigue. But do you wanna know why I'm glad it's gone? No more getting stuck on a door frame waiting for the inertia to solve itself. No more weird launches against obstacles and scenery. No more unpredictable tragectory. I actually have to find unique ways to get places instead of coptoring against a wall because it was more reliable than using parkour to climb it. No more being forced into using one weapon. There's no argument out there that makes me want coptoring to stay. I'm ready for a game changing movement system.

Well, we are talking about an action game. I guess i should've clarified that we are talking about action\shooting games.

Im sure if you cant copter you can still play Angry Birds.

And the statement is still as equally as ridiculous. Warframe is not the pinnacle of video game skill nor should it be treated as such. Your performance here has no bearing on other games of similar genre. By such logic me being bad at shooting at Call of Duty would mean i'm also bad at shooting at Team Fortress 2 as they're both primarily FPS shooters.

It's a video game, that means the first thing that happens is that some logic gets thrown out the window.

There is absolutely no ground in trying to use a logic argument in a video game.

Except in this case the mechanics of coptering makes no logical sense.

Your Slide air attack flings you much farther using a specifc dagger than using a massive hammer which (should) provide more momentum. You are flung with enough momentum to then clip through walls and fall through the map. It makes no sense

What was "graphically glitching" about it.

In addition to clipping through walls or object, this video shows it in a nutshell

http://gfycat.com/MealyBiodegradableCusimanse

I'm certain half of Volt's Body disappearing is not okay.

I knew i was going to laugh. An awesome move you cant execute consistently.

Why did i laugh? Cause they start with the Hadouken. I taught one of my friends how to play Street Fighter and at the start he thought that these moves were impossible. Years later he plays fine and we laugh about that time.

I can perform coptering consistently.

A whole mess of people can. Pretty sure It's not 50/50.

Learn to do it or dont do it.

There are several people here giving you tips on how to perform it.

There was nothing difficult about it.

But it now doesnt matter because DE has for a while nerfed everything to bring in the noob audience.

Ofcourse, it's not difficult for me hence it's not difficult for other people. That has a foul stench of arrogance. While it wasn't difficult for you that doesn't mean it isn't, the staff even made sure we have less key combinations to press so it's less stress on fingers.

"DE has for a while nerfed everything to bring in the noob audience.

"

Anti-Nerf arguements are my favourite.

Go on an prove how Parkour 2.0 is a general nerf, go on.

Con

-Less General high speed copared to 1.0. Which remains to be tested as there are aspects we haven't seen such as momentum building and chaining jumps of enemies

Pro

-Greater maneuverability

-Increase modding capacity for moves as DESteve teased

-Far better control of movement

-Removal of melee limitation/melee blocking buff

-Added variety in form of double jump, Bullet jump, wall latch/hop.

-Consistent movement speed across the board which allows us to choose melee for fighting not for mobility.

I fail to see how this is a nerf.

Clarified on top.

You cant play action\shooter games.

cause this combination of moves is seen in other games of this type.

See earlier argument

Shift and Ctrl is a staple of many keyboard game, however "copter" isn't and has no bearing on games outside of warframe.

Again, they said on stream.

Deny it all you want but their words are on video.

I never denied they said it. They said it is much more freeing to use on a console, however you blaming the change is because it was hard for console player is speculation at best.

Edited by Buzkyl

"-Greater maneuverability

-Far better control of movement"

How can you say that if you havent tested it ...

Maybe the new system will also be weird, and hard to execute, and have glitches ...

It's not because it's new that it's good, at least try it before fanboying ...

Edited by Zerdfer

See earlier argument

Shift and Ctrl is a staple of many keyboard game, however "copter" isn't and has no bearing on games outside of warframe.

I never denied they said it. They said it is much more freeing to use on a console, however you blaming the change is because it was hard for console player is speculation at best.

According to a lot of people, it's easier on the controller, especially on the PS4 version where you have more buttons to bind. I fail to see how this was for the console gamer (agreeing with you here Buzkyl). Even my friends that use controllers say it's easier on the controller, despite that earlier in this thread that I can't seem to do it (which I won't let that stop me from seeing why it's easier on controllers).

Also, as you said, we really should see for ourselves how fast and maneuverable this new system is, without making a pros and cons list for certain.

Edited by Xelorx

It was all said and shown in Devstream 57.

You can aim your bullet jump, double jump/air dodge to change direction, you can adjust how high you skip along wall. Rolling and dodge are adjusted so you can roll in any direction now. And as DESteve displayed there are awhole new parkour mods one of which adds some form of lightning effect to bullet jump.

I fully reserve the right to be proven wrong, but considering what the last system gave us, i'm pretty certain they're gonna make a great deal of improvements in this one

Edited by Buzkyl

Yeah, they show it on a video, so it must be good in game ...

We've seen enough vines from Steve and Rebecca to know it does work in game. Unless you want links to them as well.

It's fine to be skeptical but let's not be so cynical.

Maybe the new system will also be weird, and hard to execute, and have glitches ...

It's not because it's new that it's good, at least try it before fanboying ...

Oh yes, try it before you fanboy... but don't bother trying it before you dismiss it.

U17 is just around the corner, can we please all calm the F*** down before it drops. You'll have all the time to complain after you get to try it.

Edited by LocoWithGun

They had cool videos about archwing too ...

No, not really. Archwing was worked on for a awhole year before it was announced and even then it was only showed on Devstreams for the most part.

Parkour 2.0 was annouced, had a gameplay trailer featuring what was suppose to come (Tombs of the Sentient Trailer) That itself had it's own devstream, later on it was scrapped and the new system we had was made and we've been having vine additions for months  of the new features added.

So we knew alot of of hour parkour 2.0 works than how AW was going to run.