Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Find Coptering Hard To Execute ?

Zerdfer

Just annoyed by people already saying how good it is, and how better it is even before they actually played it ... 

We will see soon enough

I saw where Buzkyl was coming from, but I'm about the same as well. I'm sure I'll like a lot of aspects of it, but that doesn't mean I'm for sure going to like it, which is why it feels too hasty to summarize a pro and con list from analyzing videos instead of waiting to see for yourself.

We know it'll be better because coptering sucked anyways.

Fair enough. The only thing people can possibly complain about with parkour 2.0, is not being able to go as fast (because let's be honest, no one really likes it other than for its speed), and we don't even know for sure if there's an exploit in this new system.

I find the movement and combos annoying as hell in this game

W, Shift, Space, Ctrl E.....

Its supposed to shoot me across the room, jump, slide, then melee fly across the room....or so thats how it sometimes works.....

Yet half the time my guy wont run, so then I jump and slam the ground.  Other times he runs a little and jumps but then slams the ground into a black hole. 

Wall running, sometimes my guy seems to slide off the wall, or when I complete a wall run he jets off it like I really wanted to fly off the wall into the black hole on the other side of the zone.....

Then, when I do want to simply jump slam, sometimes my guy just crouches, or he will execute the jump slam, but instead jump, roll, slide a little, get stuck against a wall and be no where near my intended target. 

THen, should I want to slide and melee someone, my guy usually just crouches, which is insanely problematic amongst like 30 guys shooting me. 

Then comes climbing up stuff, its simply hold space, guy climbs up.....or so thats what I thought.  Half the time my guy will jump up like hes s upposed to, then roll off the other side, or fly off rather.  THen sometimes he gets up there and backflips or back flies off....THere is the one room in the Grineer ships that has those 3 large towers that we climb to get out of the pit?  Yeah, its supposed to be as simple as space, jump, space, jump, space, jump, space climb out.....that place is the worst........its space, climb, space, flip off the side, get stuck on the pillar in the middle, space, climb, space, climb, space, jump off the pillar......

Yeah, I sure hope this Parkour 2.0 makes the moveset a little less.....annoying......

Edited by KnightCole

I teach newbies by breaking down the controls required, Knight. Maybe it'll help you out, I dunno.

First I have them sprint, then sprint into a slide, then slide into a melee, then slide into a jump-melee.

Then I have them do a directional air melee.

It's easier to teach them like that than it is to try and get them to execute the full move from the start.

I dont find old parcour moves "difficult to perform".   But they were wrong. Especially coptering and air melee.

Everything was rather easy to do for me...I really dont get what DE were talking about.  They prolly never play WF if they find walrunning "hard" to do.

Now they just made it 3+ easy.  And while some stuff looks fun...I guess i will get bored really quik with new parcour. Coz its too easy to perform for skilled player.

I was reading the devstream overview and suddenly :

• " Our new Parkour design will let players do cool moves without needing to focus on complex (or tiring) button combinations."

Maybe it's because I'm playing warframe for a while so I'm used to the run jump kick melee combo in order to hit the wall across the room, and I do it without thinking, but I can't be the only one who do not find that so hard or complex ? 

Okay, it's a lot button, but it's not like warframe require a lot of "skill" anyway imo ... 

For exemple, I find it more difficult to properly execute all the melee combos than the coptering combo.

The overview for this part was a bit out of context.  At that point in the devstream, Steve was talking about difficulty for coptering for some players, but was referencing consoles. At the time, he was even miming holding a controller and talking about the button combos.

And the statement is still as equally as ridiculous. Warframe is not the pinnacle of video game skill nor should it be treated as such.

Correct. Which why i say that if you cant perform such a maneuver you basically cant play other action\shooters

Your performance here has no bearing on other games of similar genre. By such logic me being bad at shooting at Call of Duty would mean i'm also bad at shooting at Team Fortress 2 as they're both primarily FPS shooters.

Of course it has bearing.

If you cant drive a car it's extremely likely that you wont be able to do Formula 1 racing.

Except in this case the mechanics of coptering makes no logical sense.

Your Slide air attack flings you much farther using a specifc dagger than using a massive hammer which (should) provide more momentum. You are flung with enough momentum to then clip through walls and fall through the map. It makes no sense

I repeat, It's a video game, that means the first thing that happens is that some logic gets thrown out the window.

In addition to clipping through walls or object, this video shows it in a nutshell

http://gfycat.com/MealyBiodegradableCusimanse

I'm certain half of Volt's Body disappearing is not okay.

Clipping and the body disappearing for a few seconds has nothing to do with coptering.

You can clip through the game normally, that's an issue of collision.

And the dissapearing body looks like lag from all the Speed ability coptering going faster than the comp could handle.

Ofcourse, it's not difficult for me hence it's not difficult for other people. That has a foul stench of arrogance. While it wasn't difficult for you that doesn't mean it isn't,

When did i say this?

I never said anything close to this.

"DE has for a while nerfed everything to bring in the noob audience.

"

Anti-Nerf arguements are my favourite.

Go on an prove how Parkour 2.0 is a general nerf, go on.

The topic is about coptering and that's what i am discussing.

Shift and Ctrl is a staple of many keyboard game, however "copter" isn't and has no bearing on games outside of warframe.

If you cant press a series of buttons in this game then how will you magically press a series of buttons in another?

I never denied they said it. They said it is much more freeing to use on a console, however you blaming the change is because it was hard for console player is speculation at best.

You never denied but it's speculation... how does that work?

They said it but they didnt?