Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Parkour 2.0 Do This?

Ibro156

I had my fun with coptering a long time ago. It has served its purpose to those that wanted to rush while we waited for a parkour overhaul.

Rushing will always be a thing. But now in style. It's best to simply forget how uncontrollably fast you just went in that gif. As fun as it is to do speed runs with coptering, it's all awkward movement, simply too fast (maps break sometimes and largely become irrelevant due to this speed), limited what melee weapons you used, does not make the least bit sense, and did not look appealing to new players other than that you moved really fast.

Parkour 2.0 certainly cant do that, and i am damn glad it cant. Parkour 2.0 will be a godsent for new players when they join other players who sometimes only rush rush rush and rush.

I never liked choptering, and i am glad that it will be removed when the new parkour system comes in. We are ninjas, not ballerinas.

In my 2 years of warframe experience, I have NEVER gone that fast... I came pretty close, but still, not as fast.

Did you never volt speed + dual zoren  + berzerker 75%?

You end up looking like you are using instant transmission. It's insane, really.

I highly suggest you try it out before the patch, it looks god awful but it's quite amusing.

Edited by Greene413

You mean hitting an object so fast that you are sorta "stuck" for a few seconds because of the momentum?

No. (and thank god)

You mean coptering?

No. But we will have other ways to move fast enough. (and have fun doing so imo)

You mean working together with Volts ability?

Yes.

All of this.

I don't really get why people enjoyed this level of coptering.  I mean yeah, it's fun to do at times.  But what parkour 2.0 will provide is slowing parkour down to the point where you can actually use your brain WHILE doing it, and still traverse the map in a speedy manner that makes sense.  Tell me, is every move you make your intention and under your control in the situation of coptering?  Most people will answer no.  That's the idea.  You move across the map, and you use your brain both before AND while moving, rather than planning it, spamming keys, and hoping the result is what you want.  That is what parkour 2.0 is ultimately bringing to the table.