Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Experience?

WraithAngel

Question

I was wondering how it is possible to only gain 1 weapon level and get 600 kills with said weapon. I have encountered this more then a few times and I have no idea how this happens. I do however know it is very annoying and makes me feel like I'm wasting my time with this game.

Also the weapon in the picture below was level 3 when I started the Survival.

http://postimg.org/image/e24jye8f1/

Edited by WraithAngel

14 answers to this question

Affinity share depends on usage.  If you're using your frame powers to kill then your weapons won't get any experience.  The weapon you want to gain experience for needs to make the kill, and even then the affinity split is 50/50 between your frame and the equipped weapon.  Do you want to level any particular weapon more quickly?  Unequip the other two weapons and your companion and run a survival mission with three other players.  Kills made by others have an affinity split of 25% to your frame and 75% to the lone weapon you brought.

That is likely all radial xp from your partner. If you weren't killing stuff with those weapons and we're just using warframe abilities, the problem is that kills from warframe abilities all the xp goes to the warframe

weapon experience is divided between your weapons (even if they are already max level) bonus affinity is gained more when your team mate get kills and you are within a certain distance of you. (you got almost no bonus because you did everything) i think you might also get more for using weapon itself. considering it was a level 3 soma prime, i doubt you got most of your 600 kills with it. (if you did then i have no idea what happened but i would blame your carrier :P)

TD;LR i think your other equipment stole the XP

weapon experience is divided between your weapons (even if they are already max level) bonus affinity is gained more when your team mate get kills and you are within a certain distance of you. (you got almost no bonus because you did everything) i think you might also get more for using weapon itself. considering it was a level 3 soma prime, i doubt you got most of your 600 kills with it. (if you did then i have no idea what happened but i would blame your carrier :P)

TD;LR i think your other equipment stole the XP

I think I get what happend I was using abilities with Trin even though the abilities were not lethal it made all the xp go to the Trin instead of my soma prime. 

Affinity share depends on usage.  If you're using your frame powers to kill then your weapons won't get any experience.  The weapon you want to gain experience for needs to make the kill, and even then the affinity split is 50/50 between your frame and the equipped weapon.  Do you want to level any particular weapon more quickly?  Unequip the other two weapons and your companion and run a survival mission with three other players.  Kills made by others have an affinity split of 25% to your frame and 75% to the lone weapon you brought.

Also: If you want to level a warframe, unequip your sentinel. The 25% split is further divided by 12.5% to your warframe and 12.5% to your sentinel.

I think I get what happend I was using abilities with Trin even though the abilities were not lethal it made all the xp go to the Trin instead of my soma prime. 

That's not how that works as it strictly applies to ability kills.

Your other weapons are probably draining the experience as others have suggested.

Also: If you want to level a warframe, unequip your sentinel. The 25% split is further divided by 12.5% to your warframe and 12.5% to your sentinel.

Actually, companion experience is completely separate from ours. The only real experience drain they can do is maybe from their explicit kills.

Edited by -AR.D2

if you Killed almost all of those Enemies with your Sentinel and Energy Vampire, then XP share to your Weapon would be poor.

also note that the XP your Soma got was split between Atomos and Dual Kamas.

consider unequipping atleast one Weapon to give the Weapon you're leveling a larger share of XP.

the two most effective methods to get pointamajiggers for your Weapons is to Kill things with them, or soak Shared XP from others' Kills.

-snip-

Companions get a completely separate 100% share of all Experience. i.e. they get their own Experience and they are not affected by or affect other Equipment.

unless they Kill something themself, which is then a 'probably stole the XP'.

Edited by taiiat

Most likely you got the kills using another weapon, or your sentinel made the kills - or Link's reflected damage. In any of those scenarios, you would get ZERO xp to the SomaP.

If you shoot and kill something with the SomaP, you should get 50% of the affinity to the weapon. If your teammate kills an enemy, you'd get 25% of that affinity towards the SomaP.