Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Pc , Ps An Xb Ever Be On The Same Time Line?

(XBOX)RIOTx420

I'm guessing this might upset some PC players ,

But I'm wondering if PS and XB will ever end up getting updates and fixes at the same time PC does?

I know PC came first , but it would be nice if we were all on the same page ,

Seeing players asking for an excalibro nerf long before we even get to try his new powers is kinda annoying ,

It's like someone telling you about a movie you really wanna see before you see it ,

There's no surprises or thrills ,

We know what the void trader will have before he shows up , we know how to beat events with ease before they even happen.

I'd like to see all platforms experience the same updates at the same time , bugs and all.

But I'm wondering if PS and XB will ever end up getting updates and fixes at the same time PC does?

I know PC came first , but it would be nice if we were all on the same page ,

Seeing players asking for an excalibro nerf long before we even get to try his new powers is kinda annoying ,

It's like someone telling you about a movie you really wanna see before you see it ,

There's no surprises or thrills ,

We know what the void trader will have before he shows up , we know how to beat events with ease before they even happen.

I'd like to see all platforms experience the same updates at the same time , bugs and all.

the way it works: the code has to be partially converted so the two architextures can work with it (easier since the switch to x86)  then they have to submit it to sony/microsoft for aproval, it's unlikely that they will all every be on the same page sadly.

Why would this upset us? It doesn't affect us in any way. Though with an opener like that, you're going to get derailers that want to mock the mentality.

The only time I can see the PC players legitimately complaining is if the Devs intentionally delay an update in order to wait for PS/XB certification/approval for a same-time release. Which is precisely why PS/XB are not keeping up with PC's releases. DE has to jump through some legal hoops to get it approved for release on consoles, while they have free reign for PC.

I see you want to enjoy all bugs, lags, crashes all platforms together. 
I can tell not all pc players enjoy the Updates first! 
Rember U15 when game was unplayable for low-mid Pc on Win xp\7 32x)))
Consoles get not only update but all fixes :)

It wont work for a few reasons.

Firs is that they would have to slow down the PC version to match the speeds of the PS/XB cert process, which they promised not to do.

Further it would cause more problems that would last a hek of a lot longer.
Say they patch all three versions at once and there is a major game breaking bug or exploit.
They now how to wait for the entire cert process to happen again to patch the systems.
So do they release the fix on PC first?  Or hold off for the full cert process?
And regardless of what they do the PS/XB community will have to suffer through that exploit until certification can happen, which can take up to a week.

Right now PS/XB gets far less major bugs than the PC does, and that is because he PC side catches a lot of them.  Sure there are bugs on the PS/XB versions of the game, but no where near as bad as what the PC can get at times.
If the PC was not kept ahead of the PS/XB it would be worse for everyone on all platforms.

And finally:
With all of the extra exploits and bugs making its way to the platforms that would demand faster patching: where would DE get all of the money to send their stuff to cert?
Because trust me, certification of things is not cheap by any means.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Sorry about the opening line PC players , the majority of players on this forum are really good people who are polite and more then happy to help out ... So much thanx to all of you ,

I just worry the posting stuff sets people off sometimes , we've all seen it ,

But thank you for the replays everyone , let's hope U17 is as good as it looks and runs smooth

As a PC Tenno, I feel that with the mishaps of Valkyr being twisted into form during our 'experiments' have left a bad taste in the eyes of the tenno and that is why as MAD SCIENTISTS we shall continue to bring out such bad taste

I think that was exactly what he meant.

With the way his post was written, it comes off less like he is aware of why PS/XB are delayed and more like the usual PC vs. Console style hate that exists on most multi-platform games. In a way, suggesting PC players would be salty that they don't get content before anyone else.

But that is just an unfortunate product of ignorance compared with companies making an unnecessary divide for the sake of profit, along with customer loyalty perpetuating it further. And that's sadly how it goes. 

Which leaves many people, who are used to the "PC vs. Console War" to just assume the worst off of comments.

On topic though!

I do understand why he would like to keep up though. Many bug fixes are put in place, so any crazy stuff we on the PC get up to, may not be available when it ports over to PS/XB. 

Though the whole "knowing stuff ahead of time" thing isn't too bad, if you avoid the discussions of the event before it comes out for you. Most people will have shared a highly effective method within an hour or two of the event anyway, so most people browsing the forums will know the best strategies before trying. 

Though I can't really understand the desire to play a super-powered Excalibur. The Excalibur population surge, along with the strength of their powers, and the screen shake/strobe light spam of that exalted blade. . . It just feels like the original Nova all over again, spamming MP all day. 

Edited by Sixnalia