Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secret Room Expansion

Cyberian_vs

Back when the void turned up they added the timed vault rooms where at the end you get a large number of containers that have chances to drop some mods. At this point for an older player there is no need to even look for rooms like this anymore simply because the mods dropped are pretty common and theres nothing else that would draw people to them.

I have 2 options to add some incentive to the rooms:

1) The mods could be expanded to be more varied and almost similar to the original drop system where you can get literally any mod (excluding corrupted, nightmare and syndicate mods)

2) The rooms could have a guaranteed number of R5 fusion cores OR add one of the rare containers that have 50k credits and some goodies

Finally id just like to add that these rooms can be expanded to other tilesets so the grineer galleon would have 2-3 unique rooms, the corpus ship, the ice planets etc etc. These are somewhat similar to the rooms you encounter in Spy 2.0 but they have a random spawn on the map as well as adding a very strict time limit for completion. Even if you know the room layout they take some skill to actually complete in time to get the rewards.

Totally agree, i think i bumped few of these threads over the time, DE just ignored drop list from containers for a while now,

But there is few mod crates on other maps, on Eris in container that opens after explosion made with nearby barrel, and in one room on derelict missions, but those derelict time trials rooms still got empty crates i think 

or maybe add a set of mods that only drop from these rooms. That would encourage players to explore the maps

Do that and elitist who already has mods starts raging at people from not being done within in 4min

or maybe add a set of mods that only drop from these rooms. That would encourage players to explore the maps

The way im thinking of it is to not have anything exclusive for this apart from the trial of getting to the end. The last think I think we need need is MORE exlusivity and rather more options based on how you want to play ie. you could farm 100+ Infested Boilers OR you could do the room 20 times and get lucky with a few other things along the way.

That said, it would be pretty easy to add specific loot tables to the rooms and filter them by tileset for drops.

Totally agree, i think i bumped few of these threads over the time, DE just ignored drop list from containers for a while now,

But there is few mod crates on other maps, on Eris in container that opens after explosion made with nearby barrel, and in one room on derelict missions, but those derelict time trials rooms still got empty crates i think 

You can occasionally find rare grineer or corpus containers in some rooms that you usually dont explore but they have a pretty low chance of popping up. Im thinking if there was a specific place to find them (with some challenge added) that could add some cool new loot options.

My only issue with this is that those 'vaults' hardly ever show up anymore

They do :) I just found 2 in a mission I just did. They dont spawn on Defense, Survival or Interception missions but they are around the other ones if you look at all the rooms.

50k credits? That's... Uh... Really?

Also, they do have a higher chance of containing a rare container due to a potentially large number of containers inside.

Edited by LABAL

have a greater chance for rare containers in the rooms (like atleast 50%) and make sure timed rooms can show up in all void missions types. then stop dropping formas in the void all together, you want forma? do parkour :D 

nobody will complain for months because everyone has stock piles

more l00t rooms is always neat, certainly.

i could see having some Pots that guarantee a R5 or two, i suppose.

and frankly, yeah, being able to get any Mod may... be more interesting than the set pool that they've had for quite some time. those Pots even did pull from all of the Mods in the game at one point. but obviously they do not any longer.

being able to drop anything except Corrupted, Nightmare/Dual Stat, and Syndicate Mods is certainly a very welcome option.

*looks at Rare Pot chart*

i... i guess having a moderately high Chance for a Rare Void Pot wouldn't be awful, since the Reward from those is basically a Forma and not much else.

but a Reinforced Pot having a much higher Chance? that's asking for quite a lot for free.

there's already atleast half a dozen Mods that only drop from Void Pots. Edited by taiiat