The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specific Sub Architect Roles

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Right now if someone wants to paint a room, add decorations, remove decorations, or demolish a clan room by room they have to be an architect. With the amount of work players put into their dojo, I've got probably 100 forma and countless hours of decorating invested in mine, it's very hard to give the ability to destroy all you've built to anyone.

I can think of a couple remedies to this.

First make it so only the warlord can demolish anything. This would allow leaders to assign architects without having to worry about whether or not they're going to turn troll and demolish everything and it would probably be the easier of the two to code.

The second is adding sub categories of the architect or different "roles"; painter, decorator, architect, demolition.

These would be treated the same as host, promote, ect. in how you can assign them to any rank.

Painters can use pre-placed polychrome stations.

Decorators can place and remove their own decorations. They cannot delete decorations made by others (without the demolition role). If that's a coding nightmare then decorations could have a timed window where any decorator can delete after said decoration is built (I'm not a fan of this one, but having decorations tied to a decorator may be too much to ask). After the window is closed only the warlord or someone with the demolition role can remove decorations.

Architects would work the same way as decorators only with rooms.

Demolition would give the ability to demolish anything, like our current architects. This being it's own responsibility would allow neurotic Warlords to let their clan help build the dojo without the worry of sabotage.

TL;DR: Instead of "architect" covering everything architect related, either create painter, decorator, architect, and demolition roles or make it so only the warlord can delete rooms and decorations.

• 2 months later...