Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Welp I Played Mgrr Through And Here Are My Thoughts.

Revel72

It is a good game. I know... I know... The series is more of tactical espionage type... But the game when you started it first time and if you started the game with easy mode... It said that this is action type game.

If you hate MGRR a lot... Hear me out on this. This game is just message to you all Metal Gear fans. That Konami is a big nuke of game creation. They can do standard Metal Gear type game what is more of tactical game play and can jump in to blade swinging action type game play.

What do I think about the game?:

It is good I have already seen the walk through videos of the game but to get to play the game myself was a bit something else.

What do I need to improve on the game while I play it?:

Parrying... Definitely parrying... I am already bad at it in Dark Souls (Not the second) and in MGRR... At the Monsoon fight I started to get hitch of it how it works. Also I should try to find those attacks what has most biggest stun chance because ouu boy... I got stun locked quite many times.

What difficulty did I have when I started?:

Easy mode because I haven't never played any Metal Gear games... And I am a casual and I just wanted to try the game and see what kind of game is it. If hard core gamers are going to cry. I say this "I bought this copy of the game.... I decide how I play with the console your whining, barking and all other BS goes in from my left ear and comes out from right. AKA I don't care"

Did I enjoy the combat?:

Well... After the prologue... I found myself liking to assassinate rather than brawl to the death. I can not say that I dislike the combat of the game. I just enjoyed the art of assassination more. Heck when I got to Japanese area of the game where I was able to stealth the second section... Believe me... I went for it... Why? Because ninjas I have gotten Tennoed once and doesn't hurt to add few small blood stains on the ground after assassinations.

Did I use ripper mode?:

Not really... On my part... You shouldn't be using that in easy mode... So I didn't use it... If my memory serves me correctly it is supposed to increase the damage you deal... And well I had that already quite well covered on battle strategies and approaches.

Characters main and side characters?:

What comes to Metal Gear games they really deeply thoughts provoking and they have a lot of philosophies of life and other kind of stuff. Characters are quite nice although... I like Doktor most. "Raiden!... Have a nice flight" "And people say Germans are not funny" I chuckled slightly there and smiled to chin-o-tastic stunts... Poor Raiden. Got to like that Pedsodent smile too.

Is there Flaws in the game?:

There might be... Not sure though I haven't played the game enough to really point at somebody and say that... Hey this is not okay.

Overall?:

Game is enjoyable. And those who are action game hungry I can align this game as recommendation for hack and slash for somewhat fun, Heck the game didn't even ditch the stealthing the some of the parts of the game. Seriously then it was possible I went for it and it was fun on my part.

Edited by Revel72

JETSTREAM SAM IS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR

I enjoyed his fight the most and found Sundowner most annoying... Because with controller is quite difficult to place the slashes to right place... Specially in the Armstrong fight too... Ugh... Not liking it myself but if somebody does go nuts. Do not care about me.

I enjoyed his fight the most and found Sundowner most annoying... Because with controller is quite difficult to place the slashes to right place... Specially in the Armstrong fight too... Ugh... Not liking it myself but if somebody does go nuts. Do not care about me.

If you like Jetstream Sam, I highly recommend his DLC, where you get to play as him. He plays very differently though, so it may prove more difficult.

So what was your highest giblet count from Blade Mode?

Can you be a bit more accurate on that question?

I managed to beat it on Revengeance difficulty. By god Armstrong was difficult then. Even blocking him did 50 damage to you!

I guess Konami hasn't entirely thought about the how parrying works in real life and how it should work in game.

I played college football, y'know! At some cushy Ivy League school!

Try the University of Texas! Could'a gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy. I could break the President in two! WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

I really did not like MGRR, it felt like a megaman clone in a way, how Raiden changes forms with the bosses he defeats. Also no blocking, and there were some other little things that annoyed me about it. However one hilarious memory I had: I challenged my self to see how many pieces I could chop a man into on 360 before the body vanished, don't remember the exact number but it crashed my 360.

I really did not like MGRR, it felt like a megaman clone in a way, how Raiden changes forms with the bosses he defeats. Also no blocking, and there were some other little things that annoyed me about it. However one hilarious memory I had: I challenged my self to see how many pieces I could chop a man into on 360 before the body vanished, don't remember the exact number but it crashed my 360.

Felt like megaman? PFFT! You are bad what you was trying to do there. Do not do it anymore please.

Why? Megaman and MGRR has way different art styles and mechanics they shouldn't be set side by side. Ever.

Stealth? Screw that, i just cut up everyone i saw into slabs of meat. 

Someone enjoys combat someone enjoys stealth. That's really it.