Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To React To U17's Bugs

[DE]Momaw

Question

The next major update is nearly upon us.  And despite DE's best intentions and powerful technical skill...  there will be bugs.  It is simply impossible for a small QA team to bring to bear the same level of scrutiny that a player community of millions will subject the game to. I don't blame them for being imperfect.

But it bears reminding everybody of two facts.

1.) DE fixes critical bugs very very quickly. I'm not talking about little bugs like "My cosmetic item looks a little weird when I do this and this and this", I'm talking about things like "the mission doesn't give me the things it's supposed to" or "this makes the game crash". It's not impossible that we could get multiple hitfixes in the same day as the update deploys to fix serious issues.  They work late hours making this possible. This is not a developer that simply leaves us hanging.  The people working on Warframe are passionate and they want to see their game working well so that everybody can share and enjoy their hard work.

2.) The proper way to react to finding a bug is not to create six different threads which all say "zomg this game so bad why u no fix!?!!?!?!1/1/".  First, check the Bugs sub-forum to see if anybody else has already started talking about this and whether there is a known workaround.  Second, gather information. Can you narrow down exactly what breaks the game? You can't be expected to know the 'why' it breaks the game, but if you can hand DE a bullet proof way to make the problem happen in a debugger, it's probably as good as solved. Add this important information to the discussion.  Screaming about bugs but doing absolutely nothing to describe them is counter productive.

Basically:  Keep calm, be patient, and keep your eyes on the forum.  Things might be a little rough for all you eager beavers downloading the update five seconds after it rolls out the door, but it will get better. Frenzy doesn't help.

Edited by Momaw

20 answers to this question

All true.

I be naive enough to think those that would get antsy will consider these things though OP.

Its the same thing every update: DE pushes to get it out and sticks around to monitor everything (hense them saving release for today so they could sleep) and teh forums lose their mind and act like rabid doges over the slightest hiccup.

You know the drill.

Why not? The more people that we have in the mindset of bug-finders and bug-reporters, the faster things actually get fixed.

posted it giving you full credits and links to this thread and the bug subforums as well! you're amazing!

Pretty much every major update, I just guess some people either never learn, or they are just new so things will settle in a couple of updates for them to realize.

Edited by Ognj