Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17: Echoes Of The Sentient

[DE]Rebecca

Update 17: Echoes of the Sentient

•  

• Double Jump:  Players can now use a second jump while in mid-air.  Players will be able to jump again immediately after touching any surface or enemy.
  • Bullet Jump: Pressing the ‘Jump’ button after sliding will send the player into a mid-air dash, temporarily improving movement speed.  Players can use a Bullet Jump as a double jump in any direction.
  • Wall Latch: Pressing the ‘Right Mouse Button’ button against a wall will allow players to latch onto flat surfaces for a limited duration.  Players may fire their equipped Primary or Secondary weapon while using Wall Latch.
  • Wall Dash:  Pressing the ‘Jump’ button while against any surface will allow players to hop along the surface in any direction.  This can be used to scale vertical surfaces, and can be chained indefinitely.
  • Aim Gliding:  Using the ‘Aim’ button while in mid-air will slow the player’s fall speed, enabling a slow glide that players can fire their weapon in any direction from.
  • Ziplines:  Pressing X while near a zipline will allow players to jump directly onto the zipline.  Players can now run or dash along ziplines, and X to jump on a zipline can be done after a double jump

Not entirely sure how I feel about not being able to move along the wall whilst shooting, but I'm still excited to try out the new moves! I'm only wondering why we couldn't keep wallrunning as a thing -- hold space for a short while to initiate a latched wallrun instead of tapping space to do the wall hops -- in addition (because lets be honest, being able to wall-hop forever means wallrunning didn't need to rely on stamina either).

• Added more defendable console locations.
  • Console defense time will now scale with Mission difficulty.
  • There are now 2-3 consoles per Mission, with total defense time divided between the number of available consoles.
  • Console health now scales with the number of consoles available in a Mission.
  • The total number of enemies that will spawn to attack consoles has been reduced.

Cool. This sounds like it's more balanced as the mission was intended to be. Hopefully that doesn't mean that the total mission time is too long.

However, why the decrease in the number of enemies? When I do void MD missions, there's just a lot of standing around the console doing nothing. The only room that seems to get enemies is the big stadium room.

Capture:

• Capture targets can now initiate lockdowns if they reach a room without any players.

Well now, that sounds new. We'll see how this goes.

• New Accessory - Capes:  Four Capes are now available in the Market! Capes can be equipped via Arsenal - Attachments - Syandana.
    • Izvara Syandana: The exclusive garment of Tenno chosen to protect the Orokin Council of Executors
    • Vanquished Banner: Add insult to injury by mocking the Grineer with their own banner.
    • Nelumbo Syandana: Worn to honor the Lotus.
    • Udyat Syandana: A flowing ribbon of silken fabric, crowned with a star.

HYPE TRAIN DIDN'T END WITH THE RELEASE OF U17!

God, I can't wait for Tuesday night to come around so I can be back home with my laptop, so I can finally try out U17.

• The following Mods have been added to Conclave, and can be purchased with Standing through Teshin:
    • Meteor Munitions - Pistol: Converts 20% of damage to Impact.
    • Impaler Munitions - Pistol: 20% of damage to Puncture.
    • Razor Munitions - Pistol: 20% of damage to Slash.
    • Comet Rounds - Rifle: 20% of damage to Impact.
    • Ripper Rounds - Rifle: 20% of damage to Puncture.
    • Serrated Rounds - Rifle: 20% of damage to Slash.
    • Crash Shot - Shotgun: Converts 20% of damage to Impact.
    • Shred Shot - Shotgun: 20% of damage to Puncture.
    • Flak Shot - Shotgun: 20% of damage to Slash.
    • Counterweight - Melee: Converts 20% of damage to Impact.
    • Serrated Edges - Melee: Converts 20% of damage to Puncture.
    • Sharpened Blade - Melee: Converts 20% of damage to Slash.

Seems like somebody read my thread. I'm excited to see how this goes -- personally I don't play conclave, but this might encourage me to test it out -- and to read the forums for sure.

• Ash's Parts have been moved off Tyl Regor to Manics (they now drop like Oberon parts)

Uh oh. Not entirely sure what to think of this -- Manics are significantly less common than Eximus... Hopefully the drop chance makes up for that? And hopefully this also doesn't interfere with the drop chance of the stance from Manics.

• Adjusted the range and impact of explosions caused by the Ogris’ rockets.

Tears of joy, [DE]. Tears of joy. This, plus the shotgun buffs, have made my day, and it's only 11:59 as of my writing this -- not even lunch.

Also, could we get some info on the Unique Oddities? What exactly are we thinking here? Are they caches? catbrow statues?

Quote tags are bugging out -- I put

[quote] TEXT [/quote] [quote] TEXT2 [/quote]
But it puts the second quote inside the first. Edited by S7ORM

Everything sounds awesome! Really looking forward to playing it, and I appreciate the massive amount of work that went into the update.

Except one thing:

Mobile Defense:

• The total number of enemies that will spawn to attack consoles has been reduced.

Depending on how much enemy spawns got nerfed, I may be somewhat unhappy with this. :(

Are you guys serious about the 20 plat for the new mod slot? ... Really?

I am disappointed in your original meanings, DE.

"Free 2 Play", while "unlock to gain benefits" ...

Nice one.

You can buy it from Symaris, I don't see how this is wrong.

It's like how you say you can buy weapons in the market is pay to win while you can craft them.

Ash's Parts have been moved off Tyl Regor to Manics (they now drop like Oberon parts)

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME....maniacs never drop anything in the first place, now we HAVE to summoning them to get them to drop ash (at least those who dont have him)......should have just added Ash to eximi units as well....

Apart from that, Great update.

Edited by xcynderx

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME....maniacs never dropp anything in the first place, now we HAVE to summoing them to get them to drop ash (at least those who dont have him)......should have just added Ash to eximi units as well....

It's Manic, not Maniac.

Looks like quite an update. Many thanks for your continuing hard work and dedication, DE.

Can't wait to try out my Supra! :O

• The Supra has received several changes:
  • Buffed reload speed to 3 seconds.
  • Increased ammo capacity to 1080.
  • Increased clip capacity to 180.
  • Increased base damage per shot from 35 to 45.

Yes, those extra shots sure will solve the ammo economy of this gun when you are fresh out of bullets.

Solve the issue of running out of ammo by giving it more bullets instead of higher ammo recovery. It gives you 1 more magasine and then what? Rainbows and skittles for everyone?

Seriously... You did this before and it didn't work. Why, oh why did you think this already proven failed concept would suddenly work again?

No cookies for you. Supra remains in longterm storage, never to recieve real love.

Update 17: Echoes of the Sentient

1XAhy72.png

YEJX6y8.jpg

There's never been a better time to be a space ninja. Echoes of the Sentient is here!   

• Some shotguns have been given improvements to reload speed.

So congratz to that enormous UpDate and a very big thanks for it!

Now you could you please release an URGENT HotFixe to REALLY reduce the RELOAD SPEED on SHOTGUNS please?

Boar Prime: Initial reload speed 2.3 sec, right now it is 2.8 sec.

Strun Wraith: Initial reload speed 1.5 sec, right now it is 4.1 sec.

So i think the formula is wrong...

• The Supra has received several changes:
  • Buffed reload speed to 3 seconds.
  • Increased ammo capacity to 1080.
  • Increased clip capacity to 180.
  • Increased base damage per shot from 35 to 45.

Yes, those extra shots sure will solve the ammo economy of this gun when you are fresh out of bullets.

Solve the issue of running out of ammo by giving it more bullets instead of higher ammo recovery. It gives you 1 more magasine and then what? Rainbows and skittles for everyone?

Seriously... You did this before and it didn't work. Why, oh why did you think this already proven failed concept would suddenly work again?

No cookies for you. Supra remains in longterm storage, never to recieve real love.

Well, it got increased damage, which directly makes it more ammo efficient. %28 more efficient to be exact.