[DE]Rebecca

Update 17: Echoes Of The Sentient

The skill of fighting instead of hopping and flying in all dimensions, challenge of facing the enemy and using the abilities every warfame has (e.g. the air dominition of zephyr that is now destroyed).

I mean a game should have borders instead of giving the player godlike abilities (Jumping midair? wtf?) to dominate everything.

You reason like a narrowminded zombie. Change is not always welcome, adapt if you don't like it. Besides you can face the enemy in whatever way you wish, don't "fly" if the thought of it makes you puke, no one forces anything, u17 just adds to the game. And it's a dam PvE, call a friend, grab a beer, share laughs-->profit.

Warframe is no game for challenge, but heck, self limit your mod number and you'll get challenge anywhere. Or just don't play if you can't appreciate its other qualities.

You reason like a narrowminded zombie. Change is not always welcome, adapt if you don't like it. Besides you can face the enemy in whatever way you wish, don't "fly" if the thought of it makes you puke, no one forces anything, u17 just adds to the game. And it's a dam PvE, call a friend, grab a beer, share laughs-->profit.

Warframe is no game for challenge, but heck, self limit your mod number and you'll get challenge anywhere. Or just don't play if you can't appreciate its other qualities.

What great arguments! Not.

Like speaking against a wall...

• Upvote 2

You know, this is a feedback forum. Feedback about the game. So he can bit*h around all he wants. Yea sure, if he wants to keep playing he has to adapt. But he can come and vent all his frustration here, maybe DE learns from it. Well, speaking from my experience, they won't.

The "new" parkour system is worse than ever, the problem with the previous system is not solved by making it even less believable but making it matter. The enemies have no reaction time, they are never surprised or stupified. Even if a guy lands right in front of them, flies through the room with 200kmh, moves from wall to wall like lightning or hides in the vents, they know where they are, they never need time to aim, never have accuracy problems from not being able to follow the target. Considering they are "inferior" to Tenno, they are awfully superior to them.

As for your idea of challenge, since the difference between full mods and less mods is damage/resilience, it will slow your progression (or you will stop sooner in an endless mission), but that's all. That's not challenge as long you have to play the same way, just stop to heal more frequently etc.

In the end, as you said, this game is not about challenge. Which is sad since all games are about challenges - that's what makes them games. If they stop being challenging, they become chores. And that's what Warframe is now.

Edited by K_Shiro
  • Upvote 4

Utility mods consume equip energy (the number in the top left of the upgrade screen, top right of the mod), so it makes it literally no different than giving up something else in a normal slot, unless you dump a bunch of formas into that warframe. DE, why can't you just make all utility mods 0 equip cost (free to equip)?

20 plat per warframe just to equip a mod I could put somewhere else? jerks.

• Upvote 1

Edit :

DE added a new 20p warframe mod slot thingy.

It was too simple to just add a single slot (without making you pay more)

But, don't dream : you can only add unuseful mods and you gain no upgrade point.

This is really sad.

After wandering with Equinox in T1/2/3/4 and polarizing 2 times this Warframe, tried 3-4 different loadout, I change my mind and found abilities 1 and 4 funny. 2 and 3 are difficult to manage with Night and Day forms switching in action with a lot of foes.

Anyway, 325p for this frame is still a rip off.

About Frost : the globe finally got back to what it was supposed to be.

Only issue with it : left percents are a total mess, sometimes stuck to 0 % with the glob still on, sometimes suddenly going from 100 to 0 %.

Parkour 2.0 is a joke even if jumps are made easier for noobs.

Edited by keskejesuis
  • Upvote 2

Parkour 2.0

It has come to my attention that me, along with many other long time players dislike the new control/parkour system. Not only have you decided to re-map alot of the controls after having a perfect system for 2 years but it seems like it isn't an improvement.

I am writing this request in hope that this doesn't get overlooked, in this post I cannot express how much the community dislike this change.

Finally, I have gathered a set of changes that everyone seems to agree on in thought of keeping some of the new aspects, the list is as follows;

- Most people REALLY want the melee jump back and to scrap the bullet jump. They said also it would be nice since you have allowed us to jump higher with bullet jump it would be nice to see a higher jump with the melee weapons, if it were to come back.

- Scrap the dolphin animation when jumping through a slide. Nearly everyone said it was nice the first few times but now it's just annoying and well, silly. They said they would much prefer a dive which looks like the aim glide you have added in or what it used to be before. Also try to get rid of the fact you can jump backwards after a forward slide, it's just scientifically impossible.

P. S - I would like to add that this is not a criticising request, I respect the amount of time and effort the development team has put into this game and it is amazing, all I am doing is giving you feedback from the community which I have come across since the major update. I would love to see that you pass this message along to your development team because I did come across a few "strongly opinionated" players who may not have been as helpful as I think I am being writing this request.

Thank you,

TheVari3ty

Edited by TheVari3ty

Please fix the reload speed on the Strun Wraith and the Boar Prime please you DEViants!!!!!!!

Is anyone having issues where you complete a mission, but then you recieve an error stating that game information cannot be saved? 

I have had this happen to me since the update and it is very frustrating not to get the rewards from the end of missions I have ran.

Edited by Fidei_Vigil
  • Upvote 1

- Most people REALLY want the melee jump back and to scrap the bullet jump. They said also it would be nice since you have allowed us to jump higher with bullet jump it would be nice to see a higher jump with the melee weapons, if it were to come back.

-  ...Also try to get rid of the fact you can jump backwards after a forward slide, it's just scientifically impossible.

You know why they want old melee jump back? Beacuse it alows them to preform rocket jump with theyr fancy staves and polerams, which was never ment to be primary jumping manuver and this whole parkour 2.0 was mostly to eleminate redicilous melee mobility (also melee slide). Now your mobility is indipendable from your melee weapons which is awesome. DE will not return melee mobility thats for sure. And they didnt re-map all controls its all mostly same, there is just no more jump + melee and slide + melee, bullet jump replaced frontflip which are executed exacly the same, dubble jump is executed same as jump, only in mid-air, only at wallrunning jump buttuon isnt for jump-off manuver anymore you have to use your movament keys to point where to jump and aim is now lach-on-wall instead of hold jump, which was needed for new wallrun system. There are just so many winers with theyr what used to be beloved fancy mobility melee, who dont want to adapt to some changes. Just give them a month and they will get used to new parkour. Its a bit more complicated now, yes, no more slide and jump melee only, but nothing that cant be handeled. And that backflip from forward slide if i can call it so, that freaking awesome. And you critic is what? Scientifically impossible? Ahahahahah ohohohoh ehehehe ihihihihihi ihhh ... you make me laugh. I would almost asume you werent talking about a videogame, good think you posted this on videogame forums, cuz otherwise i would never figure it out. Defining logic is 3rd best thing you can do in vedogames (right behind torchering and killing). This game is antilogic itself. Beside its not like your forced to do backflip, just do it forward if you dont like it otherwise, i dont know why are you even wining about that. And about bullet jump animation, I am fine with it, it doesnt bother me, but i wouldnt mind if they change it, people have different tastes about looks i understand that. So if will be enough winers, DE might change it since its really just how it looks, they can always easily change looks. But in overall just give it a month or so and they will get use to parkour 2.0

• Upvote 2

now people can stop complaining about not being able to get to the boss room mwhahah :P no more excuse for you if you cant get to it : D

You know why they want old melee jump back? Beacuse it alows them to preform rocket jump with theyr fancy staves and polerams, which was never ment to be primary jumping manuver and this whole parkour 2.0 was mostly to eleminate redicilous melee mobility (also melee slide). Now your mobility is indipendable from your melee weapons which is awesome. DE will not return melee mobility thats for sure. And they didnt re-map all controls its all mostly same, there is just no more jump + melee and slide + melee, bullet jump replaced frontflip which are executed exacly the same, dubble jump is executed same as jump, only in mid-air, only at wallrunning jump buttuon isnt for jump-off manuver anymore you have to use your movament keys to point where to jump and aim is now lach-on-wall instead of hold jump, which was needed for new wallrun system. There are just so many winers with theyr what used to be beloved fancy mobility melee, who dont want to adapt to some changes. Just give them a month and they will get used to new parkour. Its a bit more complicated now, yes, no more slide and jump melee only, but nothing that cant be handeled. And that backflip from forward slide if i can call it so, that freaking awesome. And you critic is what? Scientifically impossible? Ahahahahah ohohohoh ehehehe ihihihihihi ihhh ... you make me laugh. I would almost asume you werent talking about a videogame, good think you posted this on videogame forums, cuz otherwise i would never figure it out. Defining logic is 3rd best thing you can do in vedogames (right behind torchering and killing). This game is antilogic itself. Beside its not like your forced to do backflip, just do it forward if you dont like it otherwise, i dont know why are you even wining about that. And about bullet jump animation, I am fine with it, it doesnt bother me, but i wouldnt mind if they change it, people have different tastes about looks i understand that. So if will be enough winers, DE might change it since its really just how it looks, they can always easily change looks. But in overall just give it a month or so and they will get use to parkour 2.0

First of all can I just say thank you for the amazing grammar that you have used through this reply, you really have put a lot of thought in there. I really had a lot of fun reading this.

Secondly, yes I did use the critic of scientifically impossible, because it was what someone had said in the Larunda relay, yes its a game and i do understand its a fantasy game, meaning they can do what every they see fit, however all i was wanting to put across from the person i spoke to what that it does seem daft you can boost a jump backwards with the same animation, why not add a back-flip animation? wouldn't you like that apart from spinning around all day since you seem to always use it? 

Everyone on the forums seem to praise the hell out of the new update however everyone else is criticising it and saying what they would like to see in the actual game on the chat. As far as it goes with me posting negative feedback on this forum, its how the world works little one, Warframe wouldn't be able to grow if they didn't get pointers to improve on, otherwise how would they know what to update and what not to update?

First of all can I just say thank you for the amazing grammar that you have used through this reply, you really have put a lot of thought in there. I really had a lot of fun reading this.

Secondly, yes I did use the critic of scientifically impossible, because it was what someone had said in the Larunda relay, yes its a game and i do understand its a fantasy game, meaning they can do what every they see fit, however all i was wanting to put across from the person i spoke to what that it does seem daft you can boost a jump backwards with the same animation, why not add a back-flip animation? wouldn't you like that apart from spinning around all day since you seem to always use it? 

Everyone on the forums seem to praise the hell out of the new update however everyone else is criticising it and saying what they would like to see in the actual game on the chat. As far as it goes with me posting negative feedback on this forum, its how the world works little one, Warframe wouldn't be able to grow if they didn't get pointers to improve on, otherwise how would they know what to update and what not to update?

Yeah I really dont care that much about grammar.

Oh so all you want is new animation for backflip? Well that sounds way different than removing it cuz of real-life physics.

And as I said everyone got too used to they beloved fancy highly mobile melee weapons. Thing is once they realize they wont get that back they will eventually get use to what they have now. Beside you should enjoy in theyr pain and dissapointment before they let it all go. I know I do >:)

But you do what you want, even if it is to be a messager, trying to enlighten DE about communities responce to parkour 2.0. I am just saying things arent as bad as some players say they are.

Edited by AnzeBozic

Nah, I'm just getting a headache to look up all the time to manage getting around, instead jumping high without it, no doubt I don't want to sideroll like sprinting around, not getting any speed at all while doing it.

Yeah I really dont care that much about grammar.

Oh so all you want is new animation for backflip? Well that sounds way different than removing it cuz of real-life physics.

And as I said everyone got too used to they beloved fancy highly mobile melee weapons. Thing is once they realize they wont get that back they will eventually get use to what they have now. Beside you should enjoy in theyr pain and dissapointment before they let it all go. I know I do >:)

But you do what you want, even if it is to be a messager, trying to enlighten DE about communities responce to parkour 2.0. I am just saying things arent as bad as some players say they are.

Yes I said scrap it and no I don't want him to do a back-flip, I was trying to compromise and think about you since you love to use the fact you can jump back cowardly, if you did so wouldn't you rather have a back-flip animation? Myself, I wouldn't, I would prefer to have a lock of about an 80 degree angle either side of a datum line, this being the direction of the slide. This means you can still change direction after the slide on the jump and you can also have a full 360 view if you wanted to shoot backwards. However you cannot move away cowardly after a slide with an illogical animation.

Yes this is going into detail because you seem to be very emotionally connected with your cowardly jump backwards, and interested on how I would rather have it like.

Yes this is going into detail because you seem to be very emotionally connected with your cowardly jump backwards, and interested on how I would rather have it like.

Ahahahaha

You know what?

I didnt even know you can do that before you mentioned it.

And i didnt comment the use of backflip itself but the logic of this game.

So no, I am not emotionally connected with it.

Edited by AnzeBozic

What happened to Banshee's sonar hitbox? I can't set it off with the Boar Prime anymore except on drones.

Is anyone having issues where you complete a mission, but then you recieve an error stating that game information cannot be saved? 

I have had this happen to me since the update and it is very frustrating not to get and of the rewards from the missions I have ran.

I have the same problem, cannot get the reward and exp either. And my Equinox reset all the mods on her and weapons.

• Upvote 2

You know, this is a feedback forum. Feedback about the game. So he can bit*h around all he wants. Yea sure, if he wants to keep playing he has to adapt. But he can come and vent all his frustration here, maybe DE learns from it. Well, speaking from my experience, they won't.

The "new" parkour system is worse than ever, the problem with the previous system is not solved by making it even less believable but making it matter. The enemies have no reaction time, they are never surprised or stupified. Even if a guy lands right in front of them, flies through the room with 200kmh, moves from wall to wall like lightning or hides in the vents, they know where they are, they never need time to aim, never have accuracy problems from not being able to follow the target. Considering they are "inferior" to Tenno, they are awfully superior to them.

As for your idea of challenge, since the difference between full mods and less mods is damage/resilience, it will slow your progression (or you will stop sooner in an endless mission), but that's all. That's not challenge as long you have to play the same way, just stop to heal more frequently etc.

In the end, as you said, this game is not about challenge. Which is sad since all games are about challenges - that's what makes them games. If they stop being challenging, they become chores. And that's what Warframe is now.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

I would like to add some feedback of my own at this point, too. I'm sick - no just disgusted by the players who seem to detest any feedback that isn't painting DE out to be some kind of pope-saint-unerrable image of perfection.

I ask these people why they bother to read feedback forums if they can't grasp the concept of them to begin with. Feedback, like anything in life, can be good or bad. Trolling someone's feedback isn't even feedback anymore, its just you being an A******.

• Upvote 2

My launcher is stuck at "Checking for new patch..."

Never had that issue before untill this patch.

Any tips?

• Ziplines:  Pressing X while near a zipline will allow players to jump directly onto the zipline.  Players can now run or dash along ziplines, and X to jump on a zipline can be done after a double jump.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Double jump should be jumping onto the zipline. Makes more sense.