Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full List Of Shotgun Change?

Runtowin

everyone complaining about strun reload hasn't actually played with it

i love the new mechanic (reloading shell by shell)

The reload by she'll is a bit buggy for some people(myself included). It keeps forcing you to reload after every shot.

everyone complaining about strun reload hasn't actually played with it

i love the new mechanic (reloading shell by shell)

I find the new mechanic not fit at all, it's very irritating to switch between reload and shoot when you're surrounded.

Strun wraith given a high treatement because it was too op gun. The damage buffs are nice on it because now it feels more powerful but ofc the 4.1 sec reload mean now you need to find more cover than before. Boar prime is a little bit backtrack with the status cut and slower fire rate and now equal the magazine size is equal with a sobek with difference the sobek is now with that damage buff outperform the boar prime.

The Tigris and Drakgoon reasonable because these guns have small magazine capacity so the lethal damage need if you want to survive because you have twice shot / time.

At least my sobek will be used again more often.

Strun wraith given a high treatement because it was too op gun. The damage buffs are nice on it because now it feels more powerful but ofc the 4.1 sec reload mean now you need to find more cover than before.

The strun wraith has a reload for each shell in the magazine. Because of this, you can fire off rounds without fully reloading. However, the reload is currently bugged to where it forces you to reload after the first shot.

The strun wraith has a reload for each shell in the magazine. Because of this, you can fire off rounds without fully reloading. However, the reload is currently bugged to where it forces you to reload after the first shot.

I experienced this reloading bug in other guns also. And yep now reloading one by one the shells.

Boar prime is a little bit backtrack with the status cut and slower fire rate and now equal the magazine size is equal with a sobek with difference the sobek is now with that damage buff outperform the boar prime.

boar primes endgame dmg comes from 100% status chance and the resulting (armor ignoring) slash proc stacking (this is still achieved with a slightly different build ( http://goo.gl/Jajpbw ) so we only got a slight nerf to reload time (still feels worse)). unless they'll fix sobeks augment it can't touch boar prime

I thought they were working on lowering the reload times on shotguns and not increasing it. Damage was not really a problem with shotguns, just the insane fall-off and not being able to take out crowds of enemies before having to reload. I don't really understand these changes....

Is it just me or Sobek seems to be more powerful than Boar Prime?

Which would be stupid, one is a market weapon and the other one is a difficult to obtain prime weapon.

Also, I don't see much logic in changes to Boar P.

Bigger mag size is nice, but reduced fire rate and status chance? I have mixed feeling about it.

I thought they were working on lowering the reload times on shotguns and not increasing it. Damage was not really a problem with shotguns, just the insane fall-off and not being able to take out crowds of enemies before having to reload. I don't really understand these changes....

Maybe they gave them excessive damage to incentivize players to mod for some more utility (reload, punch through) rather than straight DPS.

Maybe they gave them excessive damage to incentivize players to mod for some more utility (reload, punch through) rather than straight DPS.

A damage buffer so high you can cram in a bunch of utility mods and still have room? Interesting idea. If that's the case, it works for me, because I can throw on piles of utility on my no forma shotguns and still get kills.

Sooo overall buff but Boar Pr and Strun Wraith (exactly the two shotguns I kept in my inventory) were basically nerfed.

EDIT: Strun Wraith reloads shell by shell, interesting.

Yeah.  The Strun and Boar family were turned into "pump actions" as most people identify pump action shotguns.  The reloads can be super short or very long depending on how many rounds a Tenno needs to reload.  The reload time even increasing with more rounds in the magazine.

Though as another said, shotgun damage is so over buffed players can afford to spare utility mods on their shotguns.  Seems appropriate (and about time) we had a weapon family that delivers on the damage prematurely, and asks players to look into convenience mods to improve them instead.

Yeah.  The Strun and Boar family were turned into "pump actions" as most people identify pump action shotguns.  The reloads can be super short or very long depending on how many rounds a Tenno needs to reload.  The reload time even increasing with more rounds in the magazine.

Though as another said, shotgun damage is so over buffed players can afford to spare utility mods on their shotguns.  Seems appropriate (and about time) we had a weapon family that delivers on the damage prematurely, and asks players to look into convenience mods to improve them instead.

Do you think a buff of 100 damage for the Strun Wraith justifies the huge nerf in reload speed, from 1.5 to 4.1? Do you really think so? Huh? Do you? Well, you shouldnt.

Do you think a buff of 100 damage for the Strun Wraith justifies the huge nerf in reload speed, from 1.5 to 4.1? Do you really think so? Huh? Do you? Well, you shouldnt.

It. Reloads. Per shot.

That is 4.1 seconds for the entire magazine. Divide it by the number of shots you get, and it should be about half a second each - unless you really need that full mag in a hurry, and you shouldn't need to do that except between engagements, the only thing you have to worry about is client bugs. Otherwise, you'll never not have a shot loaded. It's a bit like the Vectis Prime reload.

Unless of course I'm wrong and it's actually broken in some way execution-wise, even after the hotfix (Mk1-Strun still seems to have the reload bug).

Edited by FelisImpurrator

Agreed but Boar Prime still has been nerfed into oblivion by reducing the status chance.

Unfortunately, most of those "convenience mods" don't worth their mod slot.

Shell Compression: 30% at max rank. Useless. I might consider it, if it was 120%.

Ammo Stock: 60% at max rank. Overshadowed by Ammo mutation.

Tatical Pump: 30% at max rank. Not good enough, this need a buff.

Shotgun Shavy: 30% at max rank, too low to be useful.

etc...

Why does pure damage mod increase the number by at least 15% per mod rank, but not those "convenience" mods?

It. Reloads. Per shot.

That is 4.1 seconds for the entire magazine. Divide it by the number of shots you get, and it should be about half a second each - unless you really need that full mag in a hurry, and you shouldn't need to do that except between engagements, the only thing you have to worry about is client bugs. Otherwise, you'll never not have a shot loaded. It's a bit like the Vectis Prime reload.

Unless of course I'm wrong and it's actually broken in some way execution-wise, even after the hotfix (Mk1-Strun still seems to have the reload bug).

It still seems to be broken and buggy in game (even after fix), it behaves oddly and there's a funny constant reload audio effect.

The Strun Wraith is basically broken.  Even in principle, the idea of having it reload per shot, even if it worked, is a case of "fixing what ain't broke", since this was one shotgun that had a fast fire rate that you could bang a few quick rounds into tough targets with. 

I appreciate that some wanted that type of pump-action shotgun, but why it was done to the Strun Wraith, which was working just beautifully as was, is anybody's guess. 

It didn't even need that much of a buff, apart from maybe a slightly faster reload if you really wanted to be crazy about it.