Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full List Of Shotgun Change?

Runtowin

It still seems to be broken and buggy in game (even after fix), it behaves oddly and there's a funny constant reload audio effect.

The Strun Wraith is basically broken.  Even in principle, the idea of having it reload per shot, even if it worked, is a case of "fixing what ain't broke", since this was one shotgun that had a fast fire rate that you could bang a few quick rounds into tough targets with. 

I appreciate that some wanted that type of pump-action shotgun, but why it was done to the Strun Wraith, which was working just beautifully as was, is anybody's guess. 

It didn't even need that much of a buff, apart from maybe a slightly faster reload if you really wanted to be crazy about it.

Ah, that's all of them? So they need to hotfix the hotfix for Struns...

That said, if there's any shotgun that could have a pump-style trigger, the Struns seem like they would fit the bill best in terms of weapon flavor... Boar, not so much, because if that's the case for Boar as well like some other posters mentioned, it's an odd change for a full auto shotgun. Although I wonder if any other one could have filled that niche better... Sobek?

I would have preferred the entire Strun line to possibly become the one family of crit shotguns, like what I hear the Strun Wraith used to be.

Awesome. I love my Opticor. Are there any other nerfs/buffs worth mentioning that arent shotguns?

Lex Prime got a buff. From the 17.0.2 notes

Damage increased from 85 to 150
Status chance increased from 20% to 25%
Critical chance increased from 20% to 25%

For reference
T9S6iAg.jpg
So it's a pretty decent buff. Might even exceed the Vaykor Marelok with a maxed Primed Pistol Gambit.

It. Reloads. Per shot.

That is 4.1 seconds for the entire magazine. Divide it by the number of shots you get, and it should be about half a second each - unless you really need that full mag in a hurry, and you shouldn't need to do that except between engagements, the only thing you have to worry about is client bugs. Otherwise, you'll never not have a shot loaded. It's a bit like the Vectis Prime reload.

Unless of course I'm wrong and it's actually broken in some way execution-wise, even after the hotfix (Mk1-Strun still seems to have the reload bug).

You stated it yourself, if you unload full mag you will be reloading for a long time. Where does it matter? With high lvl enemies. And there it fails

The ammo-by-ammo reload would have benefited weapons which actually had long reloads of above 2 seconds with a mag of 10 or less. Simulor comes to mind. The Hek would have definitely been the ideal candidate. This reload mechanic is a complete nerf to the Strun Wraith, especially since to reload the whole thing, it takes over 4 seconds. I like a new reload style, but they chose the wrong weapon to put it on.

Wow, just went to try this reload out on the Strun Wraith. You can't even reload while you sprint. Amazing job, DE. Also, it'll keep making the reload sound effect if you have 0 ammo in the chamber and you sprint. The game attempts to auto-reload the gun, but can't due to your sprinting.

Edited by SicSlaver

is there still falloff damage for shottys?

Yes, but from what they said on the Devstream, fall-off happens a lot closer than before, but the max damage penalty is 50%. They also said they'll decrease the reload times on all shotguns, so I don't know if it's true. It's up to someone else to test that.

Yes, but from what they said on the Devstream, fall-off happens a lot closer than before, but the max damage penalty is 50%. They also said they'll decrease the reload times on all shotguns, so I don't know if it's true. It's up to someone else to test that.

i can believe the first part but from just looking at the strun wraith it went from .4 - 4.1 ..... thats not a decrease at all lol

The ammo-by-ammo reload would have benefited weapons which actually had long reloads of above 2 seconds with a mag of 10 or less. Simulor comes to mind. The Hek would have definitely been the ideal candidate. This reload mechanic is a complete nerf to the Strun Wraith, especially since to reload the whole thing, it takes over 4 seconds. I like a new reload style, but they chose the wrong weapon to put it on.

Wow, just went to try this reload out on the Strun Wraith. You can't even reload while you sprint. Amazing job, DE. Also, it'll keep making the reload sound effect if you have 0 ammo in the chamber and you sprint. The game attempts to auto-reload the gun, but can't due to your sprinting.

Yup, confirming this.  Totally broken atm.

Unfortunately, most of those "convenience mods" don't worth their mod slot.

Shell Compression: 30% at max rank. Useless. I might consider it, if it was 120%.

Ammo Stock: 60% at max rank. Overshadowed by Ammo mutation.

Tatical Pump: 30% at max rank. Not good enough, this need a buff.

Shotgun Shavy: 30% at max rank, too low to be useful.

etc...

Why does pure damage mod increase the number by at least 15% per mod rank, but not those "convenience" mods?

Those mods never touched by DE and that's why the old mods go into oblivion. They make new and new shiny mods but forgot their basic mods and not follow the timeline.

Really needs some buff for those mods to be usable. Without a reason nobody will use them.

So agreed those mods cannot be in builds atm.

Tigiris got a alt fire which is a single shot

That's pretty awesome, but I'd have really preferred that the regular fire mode was the single shot, and it was alt fire that gave both barrels. As much as I like now having alt fire (Zoom Quanta!) I do kinda wish we had the option to decide which was primary and which was secondary.

Ah well, I'll get used to it.

===

Edit

Just took my Tigris into a mission, and found I was able to rack up stealth kills with it. It's still marked as an 'Alarming' weapon, but it's acting like a stealth weapon. Almost certainly a bug, but it's one hell of a hilariously satisfying bug :D

Edited by Sines314

Just took my Tigris into a mission, and found I was able to rack up stealth kills with it. It's still marked as an 'Alarming' weapon, but it's acting like a stealth weapon. Almost certainly a bug, but it's one hell of a hilariously satisfying bug :D

Because they were killed before they could react. It's not bug at all. Steath kill = kill before target enter alarm state.

Except no-one else was alerted. I'll have to double check relative closeness of troops, but I usually don't have that kind of luck with other guns.

Because it requires you to kill enemy in one shot. Guns such as Soma, Boltor, etc can't do that.