The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling While Parrying Will Drain Hundreds Or Nrg In Matter Of Seconds

Acidulant

Now meleeing against high level heavy gunners or against group of enemies when you need 100% dmg reduction

are absolutely not-viable

Thanks, DE

Edit: It'd be nice if a mod can delete this thread, I decided that it doesn't really belong in "weapons feedback"

Edited by Acidulant

And here I thought that blocking would actually be improved with the update.

We've been saying for well over a year that melee 2.0 costs too much energy and that blocking sucks. Did the devs somehow manage to make both issues even worse?

Edited by SortaRandom

How about Channeling effiency

I run Focus Energy and Reflex Coil and the drain is still so much that it's unviable. It doesn't matter if it only costs 1 energy to block a shot if the enemy is pumping dozens of rounds in your direction.

The only thing I can think of is that this maybe scales better against extremely high level enemies than Stamina, and you're not supposed to channelblock against the vast majority of encounters. Of course this means Channel is coming off the toggle button, as well, since you can't have it on all the time. If you just want it for DPS, you'll have to weave it in when you're attacking so that blocking doesn't ravenously tank your energy. Have fun doing this on top of having to do your existing melee combos.  

How much damage reduction does unchanneled blocking give you?

With Prisma Skana, I was getting hit for around 5 shield per bullet against lvl 25-30 Grineers with a Grakata.

Nowhere near acceptable values.

Edited by Acidulant