The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Death Of Melee - Channeled Parry Edition

Acidulant

The NRG drain to keep dmg reduction at 100% against the toughest situations you can get into while meleeing

is HUGE and will drain hundreds of energy in matter of seconds.

Sure you don't have to channel against kill count fodders,

but

Meleeing against heavy gunner?

Or closing gap against group of Grineers?

Or against those Detron and Sobek?

Forget it all, melee is 100% not-viable in those situations anymore

Didn't you make a similar thread a few minutes ago?

My response is this: Try and experiment with efficiency mods, sword and shield weapons, etc. It's meant to be an option, not a must have technique.

I thought it didn't really belong in "weapons feedback" section.

Efficiency mods can go only so far. Even with 1energy drain per bullet hit, lets say, doesn't even matter when enemies are dishing hundreds of rounds. And I'd like to use my Dkana as a melee weapon of choice, thx.

maybe you could, like i dont know, move instead of trying to block high level heavy gunners?

just sayin

How would you smack 'em in the head if ur moving away from it?

Edited by Acidulant

I run Focus Energy and Reflex Coil and it doesn't seem to help very much, if at all. Some of the worst offenders are shotgun mobs - even a basic enemy with a shotgun will tank your energy reserves by 20+ per shot, because the game is taking energy per pellet.

I imagine this system scales better against higher level targets than Stamina did (energy drain seems to be flat, stamina drained more the higher the damage was), but it hardly seems worth it. This also has the knock-on effect that Channel will no longer be viable as a toggle. If you want to use channeling for DPS, you have to go back to holding it down when attacking. Not the biggest deal in the world, but annoying when you're already having to deal with the Toggle Block dropping all the time with the new parkour, the new movement options, and doing your melee combos.

Seeing as how they changed enemy tracking works, now you're supposed to do parkour moves to close the distance instead of just rushing headfirst in, and I'm okay with that. Using in conjunction with normal blocking, it shouldn't be too bad.

Possible. I'd like to see some of the numbers behind it.

Seeing as how they changed enemy tracking works, now you're supposed to do parkour moves to close the distance instead of just rushing headfirst in, and I'm okay with that. Using in conjunction with normal blocking, it shouldn't be too bad.

Melee is DEAD as f as of U17

even more so than pre-patch

Death, death death death everywhere

Nullifier lanka 1 shots you

group of grineer shreds you

shotguns rip you

Even if ur facing them and pressing ur damned guard button

and no, I don't want to rely on S#&$ty "parkour makes enemies more inaccurate" because Lankas will always have a chance to 1 shot you in the face if we're somehow relying on the "less accurate" shots of enemies to survive

They no f'in care if you're blocking or not, they just shred you in matter of split seconds because BAM someone at DE thought damage reduction was good enough

If this S#&$ty dmg reduction (unless channeling for metric tons of energy) is all I'm going to get, I'd rather use my stamina mods with 100% dmg reduction.

Edited by Acidulant

The NRG drain to keep dmg reduction at 100% against the toughest situations you can get into while meleeing

is HUGE and will drain hundreds of energy in matter of seconds.

Sure you don't have to channel against kill count fodders,

but

Meleeing against heavy gunner?

Or closing gap against group of Grineers?

Or against those Detron and Sobek?

Forget it all, melee is 100% not-viable in those situations anymore

I melee level 50+ enemies with a multitude of different weapons, including heavy gunners and the like, and I never even USE block. So.....no.

Melee is DEAD as f as of U17

even more so than pre-patch

Death, death death death everywhere

Nullifier lanka 1 shots you

group of grineer shreds you

shotguns rip you

Even if ur facing them and pressing ur damned guard button

and no, I don't want to rely on S#&$ty "parkour makes enemies more inaccurate" because Lankas will always have a chance to 1 shot you in the face if we're somehow relying on the "less accurate" shots of enemies to survive

They no f'in care if you're blocking or not, they just shred you in matter of split seconds because BAM someone at DE thought damage reduction was good enough

If this S#&$ty dmg reduction (unless channeling for metric tons of energy) is all I'm going to get, I'd rather use my stamina mods with 100% dmg reduction.

Blocking in Parkour 1.0 was not much better. Higher enemies just ripped right through your stamina before you even got remotely close to them.

Blocking is just a dumb mechanic. It was bad then and it's bad now.

Also melee dps just doesn't compare to ranged weapons not to mention the higher odds of death.

My melee performed better than my ranged guns in a lot of situations, but the new parkour and block system ruined that