Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Mod Thing

Stormandreas

NOTE: Before anyone goes on and on saying I don't have to use the system, there is a reason this is in the FEEDBACK section of the forums.

Hey There.

So I decided to jump into the relay just to see how much the exilus mod slot maker thing was, and it costs a WHOPPING 50,000 reputation.

Now, that sounds ok, in a normal syndicate, if it was re-useable too, but no. From the looks of it, it is a SINGLE USE ITEM, and you are, at most, limited to 20,000 reputation a day (for mastery 19).
Now.... no, this isn't acceptable. 3 days, JUST to use another mod. No. I'm not going to work my way through an unrefined reputation system, that has a severe limit on what I am able to do, and takes a decent amount of time to complete per day, just to use one mod, on a SINGLE warframe.

So put it this way, I have to spend 3 days to get the reputation, then another day (likely), waiting for this thing to build, only to use a on a SINGLE Warframe, to get a SINGLE mod slot, of which, is NOT what we were wanting either.

We were wanting AUGMENT slots, NOT UTILITY slots. If this was for making an Augment slot, it wouldn't be quite as bad, but jsut for something that lets me run a little faster, or get up faster, I'm just not going to waste my time, when there's plenty of other things to be doing.

This is the same for the Simulor. 75,000 reputation, for a weapon that is barely mid-level in power.... no thanks. Again, not going to waste my time.

Edited by Stormandreas

It's an extra mod slot. If they were supposed to be easy to obtain, DE would have probably just added them to the warframes immediately. They're supposed to be harder to get -- IT'S AN EXTRA MOD SLOT!

It's not something for beginners, because they probably have neither the mod points or even the MODS to fill it completely.

Also, they needed a reason to make us play for longer after U17, and especially to scan for Simaris -- so few people do. It's a gentle push in that direction.

Also also, it's only supposed to be available after you complete a quest. The only reason it's available right now is because you don't need to beat the quest, so DE made it pricey so that you couldn't just immediately buy them for all your warframes. I'm sure after the quest is released and the mod slot is locked behind it, the price will be lower.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if it was dropped down in price a bit, if it's only for 1 Warframe at a time.

Edited by S7ORM

It's an extra mod slot. If they were supposed to be easy to obtain, DE would have probably just added them to the warframes immediately. They're supposed to be harder to get -- IT'S AN EXTRA MOD SLOT!

It's not something for beginners, because they probably have neither the mod points or even the MODS to fill it completely.

Also, they needed a reason to make us play for longer after U17, and especially to scan for Simaris -- so few people do. It's a gentle push in that direction.

Also also, it's only supposed to be available after you complete a quest. The only reason it's available right now is because you don't need to beat the quest, so DE made it pricey so that you couldn't just immediately buy them for all your warframes. I'm sure after the quest is released and the mod slot is locked behind it, the price will be lower.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if it was dropped down in price a bit, if it's only for 1 Warframe at a time.

So we are being forced to use a system that is boring and repeatative because people don't want to use it?

Also, we then have to complete a quest, and THEN use the boring repeatative system.... no thanks. Not for a SINGLE mod slot on a SINGLE frame.

You can always sell some prime sets or other junk and just buy the thing using plat (haven't actually checked if you could, description on update said it was available for 20 plat). Also, max mastery rank is now 20 so 21k rep per day.  :3

I was expecting Diamond Skin and Lightning Rod to be classified as utility mods, am saddened they weren't.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Did you even read the patchnotes? THis is temporary it will leave Simaris and go to the new event... So right now anyone who gets it from Simaris is skipping the quest that is coming. It won't be obtainable from Simarias once the next update hits.

Did you even read the patchnotes? THis is temporary it will leave Simaris and go to the new event... So right now anyone who gets it from Simaris is skipping the quest that is coming. It won't be obtainable from Simarias once the next update hits.

I don't think that's what the notes said at all.  Rather, they said he wouldn't sell the BP until after you complete the quest, once the quest is live.  You'll still need to buy the BP

If it was reusable, or even had a few uses per it would be alright. Even with what one guy said, 15 minutes to farm up the rep each day, 75 minutes total? Now multiply that for every frame you have. That's 30+ hours of grinding right there. -_-;

Exilus Mod slots can be unlocked using an item found in Simaris' offerings after completing the Quest: Natah, or can be purchased for 20 Platinum. PLEASE NOTE: Because the Natah Quest is not available immediately at launch, we are temporarily putting the Exilus item in Simaris' offerings with no Quest prerequisite. When the Quest is live, it will go back to being a prerequisite

Care to rephrase that? We will ALWAYS have to go through Simaris.

This doesnt' really bother me seeing we don't have that many warframes, and it doesn't take long at all to farm simaris rep. Once you do it once, there's really no need to ever do it again. I don't really see why this is a huge problem

So we are being forced to use a system that is boring and repeatative because people don't want to use it?

Also, we then have to complete a quest, and THEN use the boring repeatative system.... no thanks. Not for a SINGLE mod slot on a SINGLE frame.

If you don't want to use the system, then don't.

Look at archwing -- a lot of people don't want to play it, so they don't. And they'll miss out on some Mastery Rank, some resources that are required to build some stuff (tellurium), and they'll be behind when the new Raid comes out.

However, I would like to see Helios scanning to count for Simaris if you have Simaris' scanner equipped (it should ignore the infinite charges skill if helios uses it, so you have to buy the charges for Helios, but can infinitely scan if it's you using the scanner). Helios would not be able to scan Simaris' main targets, but random enemies yes.

That way, players could contribute to it even without having to go full out scanning.

Alternatively, you can always buy them from the Market if you're not willing to grind for it.

It's almost if... platinum... lets  you skip the grind?

WHAT IS THIS REVALATION!?

Exilus Mod slots can be unlocked using an item found in Simaris' offerings after completing the Quest: Natah, or can be purchased for 20 Platinum. PLEASE NOTE: Because the Natah Quest is not available immediately at launch, we are temporarily putting the Exilus item in Simaris' offerings with no Quest prerequisite. When the Quest is live, it will go back to being a prerequisite

Care to rephrase that? We will ALWAYS have to go through Simaris.

Yes, it will always be through Simaris or the Market, but it will almost certainly decrease in price once there's a little grind wall in front of it.

Look at the price to construct the Exilus Adaptor. 1 Argon, 1 Cell, 2 Forma.

TWO FORMA. PER WARFRAME.

GRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND for your LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

Alternatively, you can always buy them from the Market if you're not willing to grind for it.

It's almost if... platinum... lets  you skip the grind?

WHAT IS THIS REVALATION!?

Yes, it will always be through Simaris or the Market, but it will almost certainly decrease in price once there's a little grind wall in front of it.

Though they are in the market, for 20 platinum each, on a single frame, for a single mod... again, is very much a ripoff. I would expect something like that to be 15 platinum AT MOST. And yes, platinum can be gotten from trading, however thats even MORE time consuming, and then you have to deal with the complete ass3s in this game.

The cost is too great. Its too much. Make teh bluepring cost 100k rep but make it reusable or craft those in bundles of 4. Also 2 forma??? For 1 slot??? Make it 1 if reusable or stay on 2 and take 4 crystals and cells if in bundles of 4.

Its really not that bad. getting 20k takes like 15-25 mins. So thats like, 75 mins max. Thats not a lot of game time for a well deserved slot

It should take 0 time and 0 resources of any kind.

The LEAST they could do when delivering a lazy band-aid, is to make it free for people(same thing applies to the incubator upgrade).

1)de introduces mods 2.0

2)years later realises that no one uses utility mods

3)hypes utility slot on devstream

4)introduces utility slot and locks it behind timewall/paywall

5)ppl say its not that bad.

What exactly was that slot meant to fix?? utility mods not being used or maybe de budget??

Don't forget the cost of TWO complete FORMA. And a argon - that with bad luck can take another 1-2h to grind.

Now - on average person may have 10 frames and hes not mastery 19.

Thats 500k simaris rep - for most way over a month of 1-2h of rep grind a day.

20 forma - 24h build time each and requires grinding for blueprints in void for hours.
argon - that every damn item these days needs.

And can bet, a 12/24h build time.

But hey - you  can buy it for cash!!!

I thought this update brings me back playing - but no, money influenced decisions like that  put me off  and i don't see any bright future ahead for warframe since its turning into another PW F2P cash game.

Edited by Ketec

20 plat is pretty easy to get through trading if you do Void stuff - it's basically just another 20 plat on top of the 20 plat for a potato, not that big a deal.  And as someone said above, it's not a beginners' thing, it's for people who are well into the game, so they'll be doing Void, so they'll be able to make the odd 20 plat here and there to afford these things if they don't do the Simaris stuff.

Make it so we can build multiple forma simultaneously and we can use up our huge stockpile of forma blueprints and the build price of these wouldn't bother me so much. Otherwise I think I will unlock these with the 20p (all as planned, eh DE? ).

I have 23 frames currently, lets math shall we?

Completely ignoring the grind to get rep for Simaris. One forma is 24 hours, meaning each one of these things will take 48 hours to build.

48 hours, for 23 frames. Let that sink in.

48 hours x 23 frames.

If my math is correct, that is 1,104 hours of waiting. Not active farming to get the rep, but waiting. If you factor in the time it takes to get the required rep, the required time is mind numbing.

Just to put this into perspective, since the game came to Steam, I have 1,864 hours registered of the game running.

Granted, not everyone will use these and only the "elite" will want it for every frame. Still, the numbers are staggering.

Edited by Aoden

20 plat is pretty easy to get through trading if you do Void stuff - it's basically just another 20 plat on top of the 20 plat for a potato, not that big a deal.

It is a big deal.

The system was meant to put otherwise skipped mods into use by giving them a dedicated slot.

Horrible as it is as a solution, the very least they could have done was for ONCE not lock a balance change, behind a goddamn paywall.

Not even the scummiest of Chinese pay to win games pull this sort of crap(they at least have the decency to fix the base game for free).

Edited by Naqel