Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Wall-Run Animation

Silverstill

Maybe this is just a bug.  I -hope- this is just a bug.  But.

Before U17, my Tenno ran along walls smoothly and gracefully.  The sort of thing you'd expect from something described as a warrior-god.

Now, she hops and skips along, in a manner that you'd expect of...a demented bunny-rabbit.

In general, Parkour 2.0 has been great, IMO.  The end of the silly 'coptering' trick was very welcome, though I appreciate not everyone feels that way.  But could we have our old wall-run animation back?

Why do these things always pop up? People don't seem to understand why DE added that "hoping" in the first place, because the structure of our current Tile Sets doesn't allow smooth traversal along the walls and the hoping gives us more control over our movement.

because the structure of our current Tile Sets doesn't allow smooth traversal along the walls

Honestly I get stuck with the new movement too. 

Wallhopping up on a surface that has a bump? yeah good luck with that.

Not to say it's not any better. It is. Just underwhelming, especially the lack of polish.

Edited by Shifted

They should have at least added charged jumping, unless u can bullet jump off a wall wile bunny hopping.

Charged jump off the wall (and ground one too)  would be so great.... And there should be a charge meter of some sort. To control distance.

And i got used to aim jump direction with my mouse....Now i can barely control sht. Hopping goes in random directions... If i wallrun from something and aim it...I just turn back and run towards it.  If i wallrun up and want to look sideways....I end up running in that direction.

Either let us control directions with [wsad] or with mouse. BOTH DOESNT WORK.

Honestly I get stuck with the new movement too. 

Wallhopping up on a surface that has a bump? yeah good luck with that.

Not to say it's not any better. It is. Just underwhelming, especially the lack of polish.

Sure, bugs are to be expected, give it some time. As you said it's an improvement over the old system so DE did good.

You can in fact Bullet Jump off a wall which at least imo is better than charged jumps.

Nope. Its not possible.  You can jump off the wall and only then do a bullet jump.  That makes it extremely unprecise.

You cant wallstick> aim > [ctrl+ space].  You end up gliding.

Nope. Its not possible.  You can jump off the wall and only then do a bullet jump.  That makes it extremely unprecise.

Shame on me, my entire knowledge about U17 comes from one two many Videos lol

I remember seeing one where the guy seemed to bullet jump off of a wall. Might have overseen the initial jump.

Wall Running looked better.

Wall Hopping functions better.

This change dissappoints me if they could not maintain would looks better, while making it more functional.   Like adding the hop animation to transition to different states of wall running or to overcome snags when the warframe gets obstructed on the world geometry and can't run poperly.

What...? You absolutely can do this. I've been doing it all day.