Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Skills Lacking

Bitfly

Hello fellow Nyx users and other Tennos.

I've been using Nyx for quite a while, and I love her as a whole.

Though, some of her skills are lacking compared to other warframes.

Here's my opinion on the skills:

Mind Control - Forcing myself a more supportive role, I've found potential for this skill. Great for what it does, stunning/disabling enemies. Useful skill and needs no change.

Psychic Bolts - Really cool, fun to use but not that strong. Comparing it to the new version of Ash's shuriken, the shuriken is far more superior as it deals a lot more damage at half the energy cost, while they still find their own targets and fly faster. Not to mention that the Psychic Bolts have horrible projectile path when thrown - they mostly vanish into the ground or ceiling, and can't hit anything close, hardly anything at range.. Fun to use, but lacking and not worth the energy cost.

Chaos - Overall a really really great skill, and the reason I like Nyx so much. Only annoying thing about this skill is that you can't use it while it's in effect like you could before they fixed the duration.

Absorb - Seems fixed, though sometimes problems hitting enemies close. It's a cool skill when you pull it off, but it lasts a bit too long to be used anywhere besides soloing missions. Also, Dethcube helps a fair part as it will tribute to absorbed damage. Any situation you might use this skill, you could achieve the same or more with Chaos at a lower energy cost.

As you can see, I have a major problem with Psychic Bolts being very useless. Also, Absorb doesn't feel very 'ultimate' but I guess some people might like it.

This is my opinion, please let me know yours :)

Edited by Bitfly

Try mind-controlling a "special" enemy. A clanmate of mine delights in mind-controlling healer ancients.

Yea well that's nice if it wasn't easier to just kill it. It's more of a for-fun skill rather than being any useful

Yea well that's nice if it wasn't easier to just kill it. It's more of a for-fun skill rather than being any useful

Except that a mind-controlled healer ancient will (gasp) HEAL YOU AND YOUR PARTY.

The skills don't suck. You're just not thinking.

Except that a mind-controlled healer ancient will (gasp) HEAL YOU AND YOUR PARTY.

The skills don't suck. You're just not thinking.

As my post says, I don't use the skills cause it's not effective imo. Didn't comment on it further as I don't use it nor have more to say about it. And I'm just assuming from your ignorant response that you're not a Nyx user if you think all skills are great

As my post says, I don't use the skills cause it's not effective imo. Didn't comment on it further as I don't use it nor have more to say about it. And I'm just assuming from your ignorant response that you're not a Nyx user if you think all skills are great

No, I don't own a Nyx yet.

However, I've had my bacon saved by a Nyx user mind-controlling a healer ancient in the midst of a crapstorm on a high level defense mission. You'd be amazed how powerful the healing pulses on a level 60+ ancient are. Not quite as good as Trinity spam due to not being infinite range, but it'll definitely keep you going through anything short of a nuke. Since they keep healing as long as they're controlled, it's almost OP in the way it'll make you tank.

Speaking of ignorant, it's obvious you've never actually thought about what skills actually do. Yeah, some of 'em suck. Others, otoh, work really well if you try actually firing some neurons.

Psychic bolts are fun to use, but definitely not worth the energy cost. If they required like 25-35 energy to cast...

Currently its:

pay 50 energy to MAYBE kill 3-4 lowlvl enemies.

Absorb is just strange.

Today i was killed right after the blast. I mean, i cast absorb - they fire at me - i release the blast - i immediately die.

Nyx isn't that useful in a team when the enemies are like level 25. She become extremely valuable when the enemies hit about level 70.

Edit: Absorb and psychic bolts need help, but I fear what DE might do to mind control and chaos if they were to be fixed.

Edited by HomeyCDawg

Nyx is my warframe besides Rhino. I really like Nyx. Mind Control is a nice ability to distract a group of enemies (one ancient can play with his enemies a long time) and a good addition when your cryopod has lost health. When an ancient healer uses his power the pod will recieve it. Chaos is the about 20 secs "go-play-with-yourselves" ability, when you don't want to fight. But yeah, the ultimate often doesn't work as intended and the bolts are too weak and too expensive, I don't even have the ability in my warframe. Kinda sad. So yes, some of Nyx's abilities need a rework but the main powers work and need no adjustments: the enemies are still in the game and are only as strong as they are (some minions even stop attacking like the Grineer Heavy Gunner, he doesn't use the Gorgon).

Mind Control only gets a lot of use during solo missions. The AI for it is also pretty terrible, with it causing a targetted enemy to just stand around like an idiot half the time, or just shoot at a wall instead of an enemy.

Psychic Bolts is useless, and doesn't fit in with the overall theme of Nyx in the first place.

Chaos is amazing.

Absorb is useless, and doesn't fit in with the overall theme of Nyx in the first place.

I really enjoy some aspects of my Nyx warframe, Mind Control and Chaos work great, especially on higher level defence runs. However I do feel that Psychic Bolts and Absorb are basically useless. Psychic bolts is too expensive and needs a damage boost, or atleast needs to stun enemies.
And for absorb as Nyxs' 'ultimate' skill, I find myself not even equipping it. The damage output is below par given the time it takes for the ability to charge, and the fact that enemies could be firing at any member in a group. The end result usually ends in only a few dead enemies, if a Saryn or other warframe hasn't run in and cast their ability, removing the enemies almost instantly. I like the idea that when Nyx is channeling, all enemies in radius will fire at her increasing the damage output, also the ability to work through walls would also be essential. Until then I find myself using other warframes unless I'm doing defence runs with my normal group.