Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma'ing The Frame For The Utility Slot!

TheGeekCritic

Friends getting mad over having to forma there frames yet again for the Utility slot to actually work. Nice going DE!

and 5 foundry built forma later...One warframe utility slot that functions with a mod...<This is a problem.

The bp from simaris is not reusable (NOR IS THE QUEST REWARD ONE) and costs 50k Simaris Rep to acquire, followed by 2 forma, Orokin Cell, Argon Crystal and many more lovely rare drops and credits to build, followed by a forma'ing of the slot for the slot to actually function in which said slot does indeed take away from the frames overall mod capacity making you have to inevitably forma another slot of your warframe for Mod capacity sake. Yes this might be a good thing for the so called "veteran" players, but the fact is a lot of warframe players are more of the casual an hour a day or so kind of people so building the utility slot in general is a long term investment that just wont pay off, buying it as well is a heavy investment because making plat in trade chat is a joke all its own if you don't have some of the harder to come by stuff to sell and lets face it buying any platinum is a bad idea because the platinum to $$$ ratio is a joke.

Edited by TheGeekCritic

You're friends kinda suck if they're getting upset over a free slot.

Not really. 2 forma to build the slot, and possibly more forma to make the mods actually fit into the slot. Their anger is understandable. No need to be an arse about it.

Not really. 2 forma to build the slot, and possibly more forma to make the mods actually fit into the slot. Their anger is understandable. No need to be an arse about it.

Anger towards the subject is in no way understandable. Minor annoyance or frustration would be. 

Sorry DE didn't just go giving handouts to make everyone's frames more utilitarian.

Edited by Kestral9999

Funny how some of you don't realize I'm being funny about how (in my opinion) terrible the Utility slot is.

How is an upgrade for a Warframe terrible?  Hell, i'd upgrade even if it was just to use Maglev.

How is an upgrade for a Warframe terrible?  Hell, i'd upgrade even if it was just to use Maglev.

The shear amount of resources for just a single warframes utility slot isn't worth wasting resources or plat for that matter on when it still connects to the Frames overall mod capacity.

Yeah this is pretty bad. I'm not wasting 2 forma per Warframe I have just to get an extra slot. Then I'll have to forma that slot, so three forma per warframe. That's 90 forma at least.

Sorry, not happening.

Yeah this is pretty bad. I'm not wasting 2 forma per Warframe I have just to get an extra slot. Then I'll have to forma that slot, so three forma per warframe. That's 90 forma at least.

Sorry, not happening.

Who's using all 24 Warframes?

The shear amount of resources for just a single warframes utility slot isn't worth wasting resources or plat for that matter on when it still connects to the Frames overall mod capacity.

3 Forma is not a sheer amount of resources. Edited by Zereleth

He didn't say how many warframes he had so I don't know why you are assuming someone uses all 24 warframes. He is stating the Forma wasted for a single utility slot on a single warframe is 3, its bad enough frames get forma'd twice at least for the sake of rank 10 mods.

Me? Each one has different builds that I use, so obviously I want to max each to their full potential. Then there's the fact that more Warframes are coming out, so that's another three forma for each future one as well.

Do we need to do that for every Warframe or just once? I'm a little confused on that part and haven't had time to load up the game yet. 

The print is locked and wont go away, but it'll cost you 2 forma, argon cyrstal, orokin cell and 25k creds to make a utility mod for a frame, then you will need to forma the slot.

He didn't say how many warframes he had so I don't know why you are assuming someone uses all 24 warframes. He is stating the Forma wasted for a single utility slot on a single warframe is 3, its bad enough frames get forma'd twice at least for the sake of rank 10 mods.

3 Forma is a bargain price for a free slot for Rush or Handspring.

I don't see how this is unfair honestly. The grind for an Exilus slot is a bit annoying... considering you have to get 50K standing with that obnoxious Cephalon, and it doesn't appear that the blueprint is reusable? 

However, 20p if you just want to get the slot on the market is perfectly reasonable if you want to avoid the grind. 

And people who don't want to spend any plat still have an option to grind for it in game. Forma has more uses, and Simaris has more uses. I'm pleased with the way they did this. 

Edited by Tesseract7777