Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma'ing The Frame For The Utility Slot!

TheGeekCritic

It seems ppl fail to recognize that formas take some hard to obtain resourves to build. What a shame so.

The only resource I would consider hard to get to build Forma is neurodes and that's only because it doesn't have a dedicated boss that drops it (not worth farming Vay Hek for it), everything else is easy to get.

People should recognize that things like forma might be needed when new stuff comes out with, oh, new Updates and all. They might, you know, have a few put back just in case.

One that took this sort of thing under consideration might have built forma previously to be sure they'd be on hand if needed. They might have farmed for resources in preparation for just such a need. They might have even <gasp> used distillers to help stockpile needed rare resources for those anticipated forma blueprints from all those void runs to stockpile ducats in anticipation for Baro's next visit (hinthint).

Or they might have just sat on their duffs and done nothing of the sort and when caught short logged into the forums to whine.

One of these represents a positive approach to the game and a mindset to have fun. One represents an entitlement mentality and inability to plan ahead. Which do you think is which?

Makes you wonder how these people been playing all this time without their precious Rush mod that they so happily dumped in favor of more min-maxing even back with 10 slots.

My loki duration build had rush and stamina rest? added to it to make capture/spy/deceptions easier to do. Now with the utility slot having Rush, I can add two more mods but that comes the cost of having to forma two more times. Loki Prime comes with 4 formas, he's one of the very few frames that never needed any extra.

Tbh, DE could've implemented this much better or at least told us more information in their Devstream so we players would've known how much of a waste it actually is.

20 plat is so easy to come by in this game that is laughable that people are even complaining about the build/buy costs of the new slots. We haven't gotten them on consoles yet (obviously) but I see no problem with the build/buy costs that DE has set.

Because we aren't solely looking at the plat costs, and the in game costs are ridiculous.

At one point, I had like 40 odd forma. I didn't let blueprints sit around. Get a new blueprint, build that forma.

That way, when I needed the damned things, they were ready to go. No waiting. And, yes, I made sure I ALWAYS have had 50-100 neural sensors and orokin cells on hand.

Proper prior preparation prevents piss poor performance.

If the cost per BP(simarus rep) for the item needed to add the slot was reasonable... like half what it is now or lower, then it wouldn't be so bad.   Also, where is out Augment slot.. you know, the thing people have been asking for since augments were added, something that was probably in far more demand than a utility slot. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Let me assure u, some ppl do want to use all frames. And for those like him and me, forma is a rare resource. Even now I am struggling to build one. So take your 'thats not a sheer amount of resources' and recognize that ppl unlucky with RNG a lot exist.

Im legitemtely curious, Do you run voids alot? Because its not a rare drop, are you swimming in prime parts instead of forma? maybe rare 5 cores? if its either of those 2 than you can make some play from it, if you are swimming in orokin cells, well, damn you are really really really unlucky

Wow, all of this talk about having one more slot than usual. I remember that the warframe abilities were mods that you had to put on your frame there was two more slots than what we have now. I would hate to see people deal with that again after coping with this.

Edited by maximum43