Firewalker Ember With Silva And Aegis

Casval_Rouge

I just want to share what a mod can really do to change up the gameplay, a build that doesn't just revolve around 1 power or weapon. Here's a melee Ember build that uses Firewalker and fire theme in general. 

In terms of just having fun, Firewalker Melee Ember is great.  Firewalker's heat damage is surprisingly decent against low levels, but it is with Accelerant that makes this possibly a viable build / playstyle.  Preliminary it is viable up to 25 mins Ceres Grineer survival with my build below.  My game crashed twice after that point so I don't know how I'll fare 25+ mins.  But it was not even close to getting any more tough.   

My unoptimized build so far - Max Arcane Guardian (and /or Grace), Energy Siphon / Corrosive Projection Ember Prime.  Firewalker rank 9.  Rage, Rush, Armored Agility, Vitality, Primed Flow (or Flow, doesn't matter), intensify, Transient Fortitude rank 9.  No utility slot yet.  Bold are what I consider to be key to the build.       

Load-out - Silva and Aegis Final Harbinger stance.  Corrosive + Heat dual status mods, Spoiled strike + Pressure point, Molten Impact + Fever strike, and of course Life Strike.

But what really makes this all work together however, is the mobility from Parkour 2.0, the change to stamina and blocking, speed's effect on accuracy, Ember Prime's armor and speed buff, and Final Harbinger stance.

With 1.60 sprint speed AND Firewalker, your mobility is off the charts.  Combining all the armor increase, Rage, Life Strike and unlimited blocking, getting swarm by Grineer are not a problem at all.  In fact the only time you'll be in a pinch is when you get knocked down, which is always the bane of sword alone style.

Once you get used to controlling Bullet Jump's angle, you can launch yourself right into enemies, inflict heat status + dot.  Accelerant then buffs the dot to respectable numbers.  But even without, it already stuns them long enough for you to pull off whatever else you need to do to kill them.  

My personal favorite combo is bullet jump with the right angle into a pack to trigger Firewalker on them and high into the air, double jump to 180 degree then fireball / slam attack / accelerant / Fireblast.  During all this time it is very unlikely you'll be taking any noticeable damage.  

With Final Harbinger moveset, the mobility and reach is even more ridiculous.  The moves are so wide, quick (even with spoiled strike and no fury), and it lunges you around in a very controllable fashion.  I don't know the damage multipliers but it seem to do a lot more damage than Eleventh Storm.  I didn't need Accelerant to buff them most of the time.  But basically with this stance, even on the ground you are moving around a lot, so you don't have to try and stay in the air all the time avoid gunfire.       

As one of those dedicated try-hard underdoge complex Ember players, I think this is amazing. Finally seeing a thread about how to play this frame effectively through technique rather rework is encouraging to me (not to say that another ability tweak wouldn't be nice... heck, everything so far has been better than the old days of 15 armor). 

Not only that, but knowing that the new mechanics have empowered certain frames that were considered underpowered is also grand news indeed.

Where did you find those mods? Not sure how you managed to farm both the stance and augment so fast, but it sounds like I need to get on that. Thanks for the awesome strat. You have my upvote.

Now if you'll excuse me: Fire. Fire! Firebirds! HOOOOOOOOOOOO-!

As one of those dedicated try-hard underdoge complex Ember players, I think this is amazing. Finally seeing a thread about how to play this frame effectively through technique rather rework is encouraging to me (not to say that another ability tweak wouldn't be nice... heck, everything so far has been better than the old days of 15 armor). 

Not only that, but knowing that the new mechanics have empowered certain frames that were considered underpowered is also grand news indeed.

Where did you find those mods? Not sure how you managed to farm both the stance and augment so fast, but it sounds like I need to get on that. Thanks for the awesome strat. You have my upvote.

Now if you'll excuse me: Fire. Fire! Firebirds! HOOOOOOOOOOOO-!

sigh. Guess I'll wait until the wiki says who drops it then.

I believe it was stated in the patchnotes that these new bullet jump mods are obtained through transmutations and mod packs, but I could be wrong. Though, I did get my Ice Spring mod from my 2nd Dragon Mod Pack, which was worth the 180 plat to me for such a effective CC jump.