Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Buffs (U17 Megathread Topic)

[DE]Danielle

DE pls, why does the sobek still have a 4 second reload? I have to put tactical pump and seeking fury on just to make the weapon even usable.

Something to keep in mind, pre-U17 doing a flip jump form a slide would interrupt your reload animation. In the current patch I can double jump and bullet jump while reloading. You may still have to stomach that long reload, but at least now you have more mobility and options while doing so.

Wanna know why it got buffed so much?

Because it has 2 shots in the magazine. So you're going to spend a lot of time reloading instead of doing damage regardless. The goal is to make those two shots count. So no, it's not unfair. Other shotguns have more continuous damage options, therefore having reduced damage compared to the Tigris that does bursts of damage followed by periods of 0 damage.

My suggestion for the Strun: With all the other changes that people are suggesting to it, please make it so that you can fire inbetween reloads, and decrease the reload speed. For strun you can have it 1 sec to reload inbetween, but the strun wraith should be .5 or .75 sec per pellet reload. Also please buff up its damage to be equal to or better than the regular strun.

People REALLY need to remember that the gun only has 2 shots... Hence the amazing damage.

All these threads (good or bad) are going to result in nerfs i fear, regardless of OP's intent

Scott already said in the last devstream that he feared shotguns might be OP, so it's already on his radar, so to speak. Given the apparently extensive player metrics they can pull out of the game, thinking you can hide OP stuff from the devs by not mentioning it in feedback is futile, IMHO.

the reason boar prime got a tiny buff if at all is its already overpowered and DE would fear that would be the only used weapon. I think boar prime doesn't even need a buff and also sobek is usable without seeking fury, just slap a bunch of fire rate and damage mods and its usable (keep the tactical pump though). so, from my standing point, boar prime is fine

Haven't noticed much damage increase in Boar Prime, compared to for example the Tigris which can do over 22k corrosive and over 16k slash damage for example. Or is the damage increase different for each (not 2x-3x)? And didn't notice much damage increase for the Kohm either. So...unless intentional, then bug. xd

Something to keep in mind, pre-U17 doing a flip jump form a slide would interrupt your reload animation. In the current patch I can double jump and bullet jump while reloading. You may still have to stomach that long reload, but at least now you have more mobility and options while doing so.

That's a great point.

Also, Sobek base damage went from 120 to 350, so yeah, I'm not complaining.

I really don't like those reload changes to Strun Wraith. It was my fav shotgun, now I hate it. It's clunky and pretty unusable in late game as it is now.

Rest of shotguns are cool. But a slight reload speed buff for tigris would still be good 1.5 or even 1.3s. It has only two barells, so more time reloading than actually shooting.

I'm getting seriously crazy damage figures from things like the Hek and Drakgoon in my UI. Can't wait to test them out.

Was kind of hoping the sidearm shotguns might get some attention, in particular the Detron, as I feel it does underperform somewhat, given the lengths one has to go to in order to obtain it.

Overall looking great though.