Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Buffs (U17 Megathread Topic)

[DE]Danielle

With Strun reloading fixed I like the new strun very much. Will take it to a long survival mission to ssee just how viable it is comparing to before. I like the mechanic a lot though.

Cause reloading 3-4 shells for the time it took to reload full clip makes it very viable.

Cause reloading 3-4 shells for the time it took to reload full clip makes it very viable.

It's a new mechanic akin to a pump action shotgun. Yeah this changes the weapon and yeah it may cost some damage but so what? It still does plenty of damage and now has a unique feature comparing to other semi-auto or automatic shotguns. I think you should look at it from other points than pure dps. From my experience so far, I don't need to use an entire clip to clear enemies and can reload as I am repositioning. I may use 2 or 3 shells to clear a small cluster of enemies, reloading 2-3 shells is faster than the full mag to prepare for the next engagement. Also with Seeking Fury and Tactical Pump reloading individual shells is extremely quick. Since the strun series is ammo efficient unlike boar, you don't need an ammo mutaiton mod, so the utlity mod can be tactical pump.

It's a new mechanic akin to a pump action shotgun. Yeah this changes the weapon and yeah it may cost some damage but so what? It still does plenty inefficient.nd now has a unique feature comparing to other semi-auto or automatic shotguns. I think you should look at it from other points than pure dps. From my experience so far, I don't need to use an entire clip to clear enemies and can reload as I am repositioning. I may use 2 or 3 shells to clear a small cluster of enemies, reloading 2-3 shells is faster than the full mag to prepare for the next engagement. Also with Seeking Fury and Tactical Pump reloading individual shells is extremely quick. Since the strun series is ammo efficient unlike boar, you don't need an ammo mutaiton mod, so the utlity mod can be tactical pump.

I can see what you mean by each individual shell, but this becomes a problem in long survivals or defences when it's mag dump after mag dump.

Essentially, it's become good for small clusters and not for large hordes, which is what this game seems to favour, large hordes.

Also, at some point you can't one shot enemies and they might take 3 or 4 shots, in which case the single reload becomes inefficient.

Single reloads work for shotguns if they are high powered, which the Strun/Wraith is not. You can safely say that the Hek or Tigris can one shot high level enemies, but not the Strun/Wraith.

The visual effects that each physical element has on bodies appears to have stopped working on shotguns. The Hek for example used to blow holes in grineer as per its puncture proc, but it no longer does that anymore. The Drakgoon still liberates grineer top halves from the bottom halves, but otherwise, Shotguns aren't as visceral as an early Devstream said they'd be.

Having built the Kohm and forma'ed it twice, I can confidently say it is badass and clearly superior to my Sobek/Drakgoon/Hek. People actually expected this thing to be buffed? 

Its range was pretty badly nerfed. I think that's the only real complaint people have about it.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Hek/t_30_22203300_165-2-3-167-7-3-170-5-5-175-6-5-178-1-5-365-3-3-453-4-5-482-0-10_482-7-178-8-165-5-365-7-453-6-170-6-175-11-167-9/en/2-0-31

Sniper rifle Hek is back and ready ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

153nv2w.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  

Edited by Rionat

I can see what you mean by each individual shell, but this becomes a problem in long survivals or defences when it's mag dump after mag dump.

Essentially, it's become good for small clusters and not for large hordes, which is what this game seems to favour, large hordes.

Also, at some point you can't one shot enemies and they might take 3 or 4 shots, in which case the single reload becomes inefficient.

Single reloads work for shotguns if they are high powered, which the Strun/Wraith is not. You can safely say that the Hek or Tigris can one shot high level enemies, but not the Strun/Wraith.

I definitely see where you are coming from in that, a reloading mechanic like that bleongs on a boom stick. The Hek and Tigris seem perfect candidates for this kind of reloading system especially with their low mags. I don't own those weapons though but my understanding is that they do not share in the shell by shell reloading glory hmm. Strange to be honest that strun got this treatment.

I definitely see where you are coming from in that, a reloading mechanic like that bleongs on a boom stick. The Hek and Tigris seem perfect candidates for this kind of reloading system especially with their low mags. I don't own those weapons though but my understanding is that they do not share in the shell by shell reloading glory hmm. Strange to be honest that strun got this treatment.

No, not the Tigris, unless alt and secondary are switched - but honestly, I like it how it is. Single shell reload would be odd with the duplex-auto trigger.

Hek, now, that's the perfect candidate for the per-shell reload. It should be the per-shell shotgun.

Strun... should have the standard, drum-fed reload simply because of how it's designed. It should, as far as I'm concerned, also be returned to the one niche that has not been filled for a long time: Crit shotguns. Strun Wraith was precisely that, once, but it was nerfed; now we have no seriously crit-viable shotguns, making Primed Ravage a massive wasted opportunity.

I honestly can't understand why they still haven't made Mk1-Strun>Strun>Strun Wraith a proper upgrade path, with Strun being more powerful than the Wraith for some odd reason. They could stand to fix that, and make the entire family of Struns crit-focused.

Having built the Kohm and forma'ed it twice, I can confidently say it is badass and clearly superior to my Sobek/Drakgoon/Hek. People actually expected this thing to be buffed?

People actually expected this thing at least won't be nerfed. Just like Boar Prime and Strun Wraith.

Ok, DE didn't buffed them, it is fine, but why should DE make them worse? For example, per shell reload is an interesting idea, but only on shotgun with long reload. Strun Wraith had already fast reload, it just doesn't needed it.

Maybe, for a possible Strun Wraith upgrade:

Instead of upgrading the damage make the next shot after finishing a reload, one shot or more, have a GUARENTEED 100% crit chance across all pellets.

That and bring the crit chance back to 20%.

1. its still viable
2. it was a well deserved nerf
3. u mad cuz it was nerfed
4. every once op gun is s​​​​till viable but every1 says they suck
5. ​every1 who gets comfy with a gun use it only 1 way and, by logic, if it gets nerfed where they hav 2 use it another way say it sucks now when its still viable
6. its for CQC not sniping people across the map​

Also, it seems that you don't even understand the potential of a 100% status shotgun, especially one as the Boar Prime. It literally stripped the armour off of your foes in one shot because of how 100% Status works on shotguns.

Also, explain to me how the nerf was well deserved when the Hek, a shotgun in a good position pre buff, was brought to extreme levels. Your post makes me want to vomit.

People actually expected Kohm at least won't be nerfed. Just like Boar Prime and Strun Wraith.

Ok, DE didn't buffed them, it is fine, but why should DE make them worse? For example, per shell reload is an interesting idea, but only on shotgun with long reload. Strun Wraith had already fast reload, it just doesn't needed it.

I guess they blow it unintentionally about Kohm.

But I am afraid that they won't fix it since there are not so many Kohm users, and the falloff thing is not a stat that can be read, you have to test it in game with experiences. (I did test a lot this with gamacor(25m) and atomos(15m)... exactly kohm's effective range before and after U17)

I personally changed my main weapon from Kohm back to Boltor Prime again.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Does anyone feels that no matter how much damage you mod your Hek or Tigris, it is not effective against nullifier's bubble.

You deal 40K in one shot generally, but it takes about 7~8 shot to remove a high level nullifier's bubble.

Nullifier shields are capped in terms of how much damage they can accept from any given hit, and in how fast they can shrink.  Rapid-fire weapons, especially beam weapons, are vastly more effective against nullifiers than any big punch/precision type weapon.

It just means you didn't mod your Hek properly. Also Making a gun worse isn't called a buff.

It's a new mechanic akin to a pump action shotgun. Yeah this changes the weapon and yeah it may cost some damage but so what? It still does plenty of damage and now has a unique feature comparing to other semi-auto or automatic shotguns. I think you should look at it from other points than pure dps. From my experience so far, I don't need to use an entire clip to clear enemies and can reload as I am repositioning. I may use 2 or 3 shells to clear a small cluster of enemies, reloading 2-3 shells is faster than the full mag to prepare for the next engagement. Also with Seeking Fury and Tactical Pump reloading individual shells is extremely quick. Since the strun series is ammo efficient unlike boar, you don't need an ammo mutaiton mod, so the utlity mod can be tactical pump.

So nerfing the shotgun efficiency is now considered a buff. Ok I see.

Nullifier shields are capped in terms of how much damage they can accept from any given hit, and in how fast they can shrink.  Rapid-fire weapons, especially beam weapons, are vastly more effective against nullifiers than any big punch/precision type weapon.

Yep I know that, I feel a bit shame they still can not be the mainstream for T4 endless mission because of the bubbles.

It just means you didn't mod your Hek properly. Also Making a gun worse isn't called a buff.

So nerfing the shotgun efficiency is now considered a buff. Ok I see.

A new mechanic != buff, in fact I pointed out that its damage is lower. I like the mechanic but as others have pointed out it fits better on the hell hek than the strun and I agree.

Yep I know that, I feel a bit shame they still can not be the mainstream for T4 endless mission because of the bubbles.

Yes, shotguns are still a rather poor choice for T3/4 missions because of their ineffectiveness to deal with nullifiers. Same with sniper riffles and bows.

And as long as the way the bubbles work is not changed those weapon categories will probably remain underused as far as high tier void missions are concerned and Boltor and Soma P will continue to rule them all^^

That's a huge disappointment.

Pre-Nerf the Boar Prime and the Strun Wraith were fun and usefull.

Now they're just failure.

I'll gladly not invite any Boar Prime/ Wraith/ Whatever shotgun players anymore in my squad ;)

If you want to blame someone, then aim for DEvs.

Figured I'd chime after using them for a week since any feedback would be closer to kneejerk reaction rather than based on actual use.

Overall, I'm loving the changes. Well, at least for what I consider to be the realshotguns as I care little for the rest of the rifles stuck in the "shotgun" category (ie, kohm, phaghe). They now actually feel like shotguns and are amazinly fun and satisfying to use. Forget sitting in the bubble and spraying and praying, no!, you bring the buble to them and SHOOT THE IN THE FACE!

Tigris - basically what others have been saying. The numbers look big and OP, but the way the gun works, those number are actually needed. This gun isn't to take out the trash mobs, but instead to snuggle up to the heavies and being sure it will be capable of taking them down with the 2 shot clip. Reload is fine, it makes you actually think before you shoot, and really punishes for missed shots.

Hek - ahh the hek. Some love it and some hate it because it's the "soma" of shotguns. However, this is in a sense the "no frills, no bullS#&$" shotgun. High enough damage to allow us to go into the middle of the crowd and start taking out mobs left and right and maybe two shots on the heavies. HOWEVER, there is one gripe I have: give it more spread. WAHHHH??? This is a true shotgun and taking out mobs from 50 meters away by hitting 80% of the pellets is ridiculous. Make us work for it and reward those willing to go into the middle of the fray. NO sniping. If you wanted to stay in your bubble and "snipe", stick to your somas.

Sobek - a pleasant surprise. I'm not a big fan of the full-auto shotties, but this one has more than enough positives that it is still very satisfying to use. Damage is just high enough to take out most in one or two shots, and then going auto on the heavies. HUGE clip which really allows you to get in there finish them off before taking cover and reloading. And the reaload time is manageable and appropriate for the size of the clip.

And no, I'm not just trying them out for the first time. They were all already built and Hek was fully maxed. Sadly, I could not use them before as those three were lacking and just did not feel like true shotguns. Now, I only need to add one forma to tigris for all to be maxed. And I plant to make them my default loadout with their appropriate frames.

And as I said earlier, I care not for the other shotguns and therefore will let others who actually have experience with them give feedback on those.

TL;DR: Shotguns! BOOM, right in the kisser! Good job on the buff DE.

Edited by alfaomega04

Has anyone tried the Corvas since the shotgun buff?  Wondering if it's worth it to switch to this Archwing weapon.

It still sucks, just not as much as before. The damage is almost ok, but its slow ammorecharge and long delay still makes it near unusable. At least, imo.

Fluctus / Imperator / Velocitus are still the best weapons for me.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Hek/t_30_22203300_165-2-3-167-7-3-170-5-5-175-6-5-178-1-5-365-3-3-453-4-5-482-0-10_482-7-178-8-165-5-365-7-453-6-170-6-175-11-167-9/en/2-0-31

Sniper rifle Hek is back and ready ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

153nv2w.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  

jesus... those numbers are insane...