Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... What's The Best Rifle Atm?

Phoenix86

I tought we could have seen new rifles with update 8, i mean fully new... maybe they added them in the dojo discovery thingy.

As for now my choice is pending between Braton and Boltor (i'm not taking about shotguns so dont take them in consideration)... which one is the best for the mid-long range combats against corpus/grineers ?

I didnt take in consideration Gorgon since it's even less accurate, right?

Wiki has other differences (this could be out of date)

Braton:

Mastery Level 0

Type Automatic Rifle

Base Damage 20.0

Base Firing Rate 11.3

Accuracy 28.6

Base Clip Size 45

Base Ammo Size 500

Base Reload Speed 2.3s

Base Critical Chance 5% (Assumed)

Base Critical Damage 150%

Polarities None

Vandal:

Mastery Level 0

Type Automatic Rifle

Base Damage 20.0

Base Firing Rate 9.4

Accuracy 33.3

Base Clip Size 45

Base Ammo Size 500

Base Reload Speed 2.3 (Assumed)s

Base Critical Chance 7.5%

Base Critical Damage 150%

Polarities V

Same damage but braton fires faster and slightly less accurate. Also the polarity slot so you can take the damage mods higher for less points

All of them.

This.

With Forma's in the game so you can put anything you want on them, the weapons are now about form and function rather than stats. Eventually the game will escalate with newer meaner challenges and such, and by then the theory crafters will have your answers. Until then just use what you enjoy using, or use everything and farm rank (You do NOT gain rank leveling a weapon to 30 a second time with a Forma reset. I carefully tested this myself.).

None of the stats matter, even if a prime/regular have different damage or crit. Compared to before Formas the damage ceiling puts the worst weapon on par with the best previously. You can literally put a maxed out mod in every slot if you level your weapon 6-8 times.

Eventually crit chance might matter if we get on-crit effects, but for now multishot + elemental mods will make anything you like shooting into a monster. Yes you could theory craft that some monsters are bigger and scarier than others, but I can't imagine anything arguing with eight maxed mods even in like an MK1-Braton.

Edited by VKhaun

Forma / polarisation doesn't put worse weapons on par, it makes bad weapons even worse, because some of them are "balanced" around being worse by having a good polarity. That and giving percentage increases in damage to either weapon just changes the size of the gap between a bad weapon and a good one.

Anyway, the worst rifle is the Burston (it's a less accurate Braton with no ability to single shot or full auto). I suspect the grakata is terrible. I've been told the gorgon is good, and I'm going to build one for fun, but it seems weak on paper. The best rifles are probably the two mentioned in the OP. Personally I'm very fond of my Boltor, I find the Braton feels very bland.

I've stacked crit chance and damage on my Grakata (as reccomended on here) and it's a total CQB beast. Love using it.

However it runs out of ammo at an alarming rate so is more of a fun gun than a serious business one. I find there's nothing that my Braton vandal doesn't do as well, with more efficiency.

Regarding the Burston:

It has its uses and is my weapon of choice due to the buffs over a few patches recently.  It still can't fight infested (not a worry to me since I hate fighting infested anyways), but it's basically a headshot-focused long-range shotgun.  Spread is now vertical, damage is higher, RoF can actually be increased, etc.  As a result, it is actually a pretty good weapon at this point for medium-long range engagements if you care to be accurate.  One pull of the trigger can down any non-heavy in the game at this point, and that's pre-forma.  After sticking Fury on, you won't have to pull the trigger faster than the bursts are ready (or at least I can't target enemy heads that fast).  Idk, I love it.

I'm not saying that it couldn't use a bit more love now that formas have been added and part of its power relied on that polarity.  If it were to get buffed again, I'd recommend the following:

-20% reduction in reload speed (would help with larger encounters where sustained damage is needed)

-Increase RoF by 10% (increase DPS for heavier targets)

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz