The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Heavy Spoilers] The Natah Quest Revelation (Now With Pictures)

Kaokasalis

Well, aside form the statement that "the Tenno aren't Sentients" that's all pretty much outright said in the new quest.

When was this? Aside from wanting us dead they make not mention of our origins besides Lotus making us into her family.

She literally says that she is barren...

...arfter crossing the gap. The gap being the void and the solar system (assumably) and where were the tenno born? In the void the place where the sentiants were not barren.

faO1SJp.jpg

Notice how she says "Me and my kind" as in "I and those like me" "become barren when crossing the gap". It doesn't say she has crossed and become barren but that her people or rather the people like her become barren. We still don't know if she has crossed the gap.

Edited by Postal_pat

...arfter crossing the gap. The gap being the void and the solar system (assumably) and where were the tenno born? In the void the place where the sentiants were not barren.

The Void makes them barren. The Void was their flaw, it was what would kill them - they were able to overcome the death part, but at a cost.

Not arguing, debating.

Tenno = abominations created by the sentiants vs. Tenno were warped only by void energy then some how survived days out in space.

A fair enough distinction.

I'd argue otherwise, though. The Tenno have their Origins within the Orokin Empire - way back in the Void Era before the Sentients even existed. Remember the Ember Prime Codex? I get what you're arguing - that those might have been Sentients - but that still wouldn't make sense given the way they talk about the ship and whatnot.

The Void makes them barren. The Void was their flaw, it was what would kill them - they were able to overcome the death part, but at a cost.

Void has been referred to as a rift before so it's possible, but if they did not come from the void then DE best make a damn good origin quest.

I'd argue otherwise, though. The Tenno have their Origins within the Orokin Empire - way back in the Void Era before the Sentients even existed. Remember the Ember Prime Codex? I get what you're arguing - that those might have been Sentients - but that still wouldn't make sense given the way they talk about the ship and whatnot.

Before they existed? The sentiants are introduced at the start of the war but before that who knows? Judging by the lancer codex the sentiants weren't created by the orokin, just looking at their tech and reading the codex they may of possibly been around long before the orokin.

That what might of been the sentiants? The people, no. They I consider orokin. What I'm saying is that during the time when the ship was lost to the void the sentiants tampered with baby/testtube/person/whatever was on there. Which resulted in the tenno. We only can guess as to when the orokin started experimenting with the void. If it was during the war and it was in fact the sentiants creating the tenno then that would explain Lotus' connection to us.

Void has been referred to as a rift before so it's possible, but if they did not come from the void then DE best make a damn good origin quest.

Before they existed? The sentiants are introduced at the start of the war but before that who knows? Judging by the lancer codex the sentiants weren't created by the orokin, just looking at their tech and reading the codex they may of possibly been around long before the orokin.

That what might of been the sentiants? The people, no. They I consider orokin. What I'm saying is that during the time when the ship was lost to the void the sentiants tampered with baby/testtube/person/whatever was on there. Which resulted in the tenno. We only can guess as to when the orokin started experimenting with the void. If it was during the war and it was in fact the sentiants creating the tenno then that would explain Lotus' connection to us.

That would be incorrect. Check the Crewman Synth - they were made during the Orokin Era but a faction under the rule of the Council of Executors - a VERY MUCH Orokin group.

The Lancer Synth would come later, when the war was starting up.

It's all a little muddied, but it's becoming clearer. As for the Lotus' connection to us, I think that's abundantly clear: an insert figure, possibly of many, one that snuck it's way into our little world and slowly spread throughout it, like a cancer, very much like a cancer as it's final goal was to kill us; but, in the end, it couldn't do it.

It was a connection forged, not a connection born out of actual creation.

What I got from the quest-

The being called Natah was sent with others of her kind to the Origin system to destroy humanity. How many others? Unknown. At least one.

She fulfilled her function, by subverting the Tenno she brought down Orokin. (Or teaching the Tenno a different way than the one the Orokin taught them. Probably slaves.)

In the process, she was subverted. Either her interaction with the Tenno or something else caused her to reconsider her ultimate goal. My guess is that said goal was the destruction of humanity. The Tenno under her command DID bring down the Orokin but then they stopped the Sentients from slaughtering/converting/assimilating/whatever the rest of humanity too.

So, when the war was done, the Tenno had no reason for existing. She did not want to lose them, so she put them to sleep.

Since then? She has been watching.

doubt it. i think umbra is not cannon to the story....or at least in the non-chinese story

Umbra is coming to the global build. The way Excalibur Umbra looks in the chinese version, one can speculate that it is related to the Sentients.

Who said she was a Sentient? The person who awoke said that "they" sentient woke up as well. I dont think that she is sentient. She is likely one of those oracles mentioned in the simaris scans. Not to mention sentients working with tenno? She hid us meaning she was there when we went to cryosleep... When did we go to cryosleep oh right we defeated sentients and killed our creator orokins thats correct. Wait so according to your thesis she was a sentient working against sentients and orokin? No that doesnt make sense dear you prolly got that part wrong.

Tenno are 100% not Sentients, unless new Lore comes out to counter my reasoning:

Reasoning: To create a Tenno you need 3 ingredients 

1. Human Child

2. Void energy

3. Infestation

Now I have no doubt sentients could get 2 and 3. Though 1 is more of a stretch, unless the sentients where humans or had human allies they wouldn't be able to mass produce Tenno like the Orokin. The Orokin used Human children to create Tenno and they had a good supply of them we don't know if Sentients had any Humans on their side to make Tenno.

My theory on this is that to Natah Tenno are still children since technically we where ripped from our childhood to become weapons of warfare then forced to almost commit genocide, then actually commited genocide. So you can understand that we aren't the most loved children. Natah as it seems betrayed the Sentients and the Tenno might think of her as a Mother figure because again as far as we know Tenno are just Children with God like powers.

Heres a bigger question:

Considering each side we haven't seen a Orokin yet but we have seen a Sentient (Natah) so which side do we assume Humanity is on? The Orokin because they used tenno AKA humans to create weapons? Or the Sentients because as we see they look the most humans and from the Codex entry: They where able to recreate are weapons and use them against us. That sounds pretty human if you ask me.

That goes into what started the war: MY theories:

Event 1#. Sentients discovered Orokin and thought them a upcoming threat because of how fast they where becoming powerful and decided to destroy them before they could have the power to destroy them. 

Event 2#. Sentients/Orokin discovered the other while at the same power of the other, either the Sentients found the Orokin a threat or the Orokin found the sentients a threat and the war started.

Event 3# Sentients discovered the orokin while they where at about the same amount of power, and the Sentients thought of the race as evil and savage aka because we know they would go to torturing children to create weapons so they decided to exterminate them.

Edited by Feallike

Well I'm thinking that the Sentients becoming barren after they crossed from the void to battle the Orokins then discovering the Tenno who were children created from the void which made them barren, whether they be human, Sentient, Orokin, or monsters, which is why at that point the Lotus came to side with the Tenno and gained their trust and helped them fight back against her own kind which is where Mirage and the others died.

But since it seems like the Sentients are able to produce copies of themselves to send forth and conquer the universe with......

And since Natah/Lotus wasn't able to do that anymore......she adopted the Tenno were probably better than the Sentients at the time in fulfilling her Sentient goal of conquering the Origin System or something like that, but rather than with Sentients of her own she uses Tenno instead. o -o 

She did...

Actually, the other Sentient called her by a name no one knew and she confirmed that it HAD been her name. When she had been a Sentient.

Now? She is the Lotus.

I WONDER how Tenshin feels about her now. Seeing as how she was an enemy but the only reason the Tenno survived was because she switched sides to aid the Tenno.

My bet? Conflicted.

Edited by Kalenath

Actually, the other Sentient called her by a name no one knew and she confirmed that it HAD been her name. When she had been a Sentient.

Now? She is the Lotus.

I WONDER how Tenshin feels about her now. Seeing as how she was an enemy but the only reason the Tenno survived was because she switched sides to aid the Tenno.

My bet? Conflicted.

Well I hope this means she will be telling us more on what's going on and no longer keep secrets from us.

Especially if she wants us to keep trusting her. o -o

My bet? Conflicted.

I'm thinking now that he knows her history a little more he might have some of the animosity removed, but the whole matter of the Orokin and what's up with his past might stop some of that. While not fervently anti-Lotus, I think he'll still be wary but more open to trusting her.

Really want a Quest on Teshin's background now. Even if it was PvP-centric.

Considering each side we haven't seen a Orokin yet but we have seen a Sentient (Natah) so which side do we assume Humanity is on? The Orokin because they used tenno AKA humans to create weapons? Or the Sentients because as we see they look the most humans and from the Codex entry: They where able to recreate are weapons and use them against us. That sounds pretty human if you ask me.

The Orokin were human though. They were the epitome of humanity; what we became after all the people of Earth united under one government, developed into a singular culture, and turned our attention to the stars. We also have met an Orokin in the form of Master Teshin. He's a human from that era with his memory intact so he fits the bill.

The Sentients are aliens from another solar system. Lotus' form isn't their true form as stated by the Sentient in the tomb. It's likely she was an infiltrator. The Orokin created the Tenno as we know them, the void magic space ninjas, for the sole reason of combating the Sentients. It seems since they were able to turn the Orokin's own technology back at them they were more technologically advanced than the Orokin, but weak to void energies.

Edit: Well after reading through the Synthesis entries I guess the Sentients aren't aliens but Orokin constructs that achieved sentience.

Edited by Lunatum