The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Heavy Spoilers] The Natah Quest Revelation (Now With Pictures)

Kaokasalis

Self-replicating nanobots. I don't think a nanobot would call its self-replicated self a "child".

In essence, living things reproduce, which by definition means creating a replica or imitation of something. This wouldn't be different. Plenty of beings reproduce on their own (hydra, anemones), and the new being can be called a child.

Perhaps Sentients are composed of nanomachines that act in place of cells.

In essence, living things reproduce, which by definition means creating a replica or imitation of something. This wouldn't be different. Plenty of beings reproduce on their own (hydra, anemones), and the new being can be called a child.

Perhaps Sentients are composed of nanomachines that act in place of cells.

Nanobots self-replicating cannot mutate. They also don't mix with another nanobot's "genes" to produce a new nanobot 'being' that isn't an exact clone. Nanobot replication is more like cloning yourself, not giving birth.

1. Hopefully whatever it is, we don't have to deal with it. Or if we have to, we can.

2. What I mean is how did the Orokin even manage to get to Tau to attack the Sentients? Did they build some kind of two-way transportation system? If so, where did it go? Can we still use it? Are there Sentients left in Tau?

So many questions. So few answers.

Aye, the rail. the solar rail network that the crewman in the synth talks about. The Sentients were to build it, and then the Orokin would use it to spread out into Tau, saving them and the Empire.

We see the remains of it: the Outer Terminus. Only its shattered, beyond use; but "the Corpus work to repair it."

Aye, the rail. the solar rail network that the crewman in the synth talks about. The Sentients were to build it, and then the Orokin would use it to spread out into Tau, saving them and the Empire.

We see the remains of it: the Outer Terminus. Only its shattered, beyond use; but "the Corpus work to repair it."

Could be an update one day to add more planets to the starchart by unlocking the Tau system.

Nanobots self-replicating cannot mutate. They also don't mix with another nanobot's "genes" to produce a new nanobot 'being' that isn't an exact clone. Nanobot replication is more like cloning yourself, not giving birth.

That can't be said objectively, as we haven't quite produced any real examples.

Maybe they couldn't mutate accidentally, but creating small changes that the Sentient would see as beneficial to the 'child' could be desirable.

Eh. The Sentients can supposedly have children, and the burning one just looks weird. It might have been signal distortion, or it could have been for intimidation purposes.

That can't be said objectively, as we haven't quite produced any real examples.

Maybe they couldn't mutate accidentally, but creating small changes that the Sentient would see as beneficial to the 'child' could be desirable.

Eh. The Sentients can supposedly have children, and the burning one just looks weird. It might have been signal distortion, or it could have been for intimidation purposes.

Hard to tell without seeing them in person.

Also, here's a question: What in the hell were those drones? They were never talked about after the 1st mission.

Aye, hopefully that's a LONG way off, though.

I still think they're introducing the Sentients too early.

I never say no to more lore. There ain't enough of it.

Seriously, kudos to DE for this. The writer for the quest needs to be the writer for everything from now on, because the last time I had a revelation like that was (Knights of the Old Republic spoiler)

when I found out that your character in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 is Darth Revan

In other words, HOT DAMN, that's the best thing I've played in this game!

Seriously, kudos to DE for this. The writer for the quest needs to be the writer for everything from now on, because the last time I had a revelation like that was (Knights of the Old Republic spoiler)

when I found out that your character in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 is Darth Revan

In other words, HOT DAMN, that's the best thing I've played in this game!

Also, we need more Tenshin. 

Also, we need more Tenshin. 

Yes, that is good.

Also, I'm waiting for when they start putting out fleshed-out Orokin and Sentient characters the sentient ones end up being more decent... "people." People is most likely the right word.

Yes, that is good.

Also, I'm waiting for when they start putting out fleshed-out Orokin and Sentient characters the sentient ones end up being more decent... "people." People is most likely the right word.

They tried to kill us. Decent is a stretch.

Teshin needs to have his own faction for PvE Tenno to join, something that opposes Natah after this mission.

He didn't oppose Lotus. He simply wanted honesty. He got it. He has no reason to turn on Lotus, and neither do we.

Teshin needs to have his own faction for PvE Tenno to join, something that opposes Natah after this mission.

He doesn't seem to be in opposition to Lotus after this, though. He seems to have come to an understanding. Like us he now knows who Lotus is and why she does what she does - without that secret, there's no more reason for distrust. No more reason for him to stand opposed to her.

Will he agree with her every choice? No, but they don't come across as enemies by the ending of Natah.

Yeah I'd say they see eye to eye more than ever after this quest. They both view some things differently so they won't always share the same opinion, but I don't think there's any animosity left between the characters. 

They're both pro-Tenno. Lotus is our mommy, Tenshin is our.. something. Tyl Regor seems to think he's a wannabe Tenno, but he gives off an older, wiser vibe than a simple fanboy would.

They're both pro-Tenno. Lotus is our mommy, Tenshin is our.. something. Tyl Regor seems to think he's a wannabe Tenno, but he gives off an older, wiser vibe than a simple fanboy would.

I see Teshin as a father figure - harsh but not uncaring, a bit blunt, wanting to push us to make us better.

i think the mirage mission tells us more than anyone is realizing.

she started her mission to turns us around. at the time of her missions she probably didnt think nothing of us till she started to see were like children: lost.

after some time working with us she saw that we were being used just like the sentients and began to feels emotions for us. lotus said she only once to comfort a friend of hers as they died to protect her.

from my point of view she done her mission but couldnt do the important thing; kill us. in my eyes lotus is own our side but for an extent; if the sentients drop here a plea deal like we will let the tenno live but they must exiled to the void for good she might take it.

we are alone in the world and the only connections is a few. in the end we may have to put down the lotus or resign ourselves to defeat in some event.

personally, i aint going back to sleep prison!

i think the mirage mission tells us more than anyone is realizing.

she started her mission to turns us around. at the time of her missions she probably didnt think nothing of us till she started to see were like children: lost.

after some time working with us she saw that we were being used just like the sentients and began to feels emotions for us. lotus said she only once to comfort a friend of hers as they died to protect her.

from my point of view she done her mission but couldnt do the important thing; kill us. in my eyes lotus is own our side but for an extent; if the sentients drop here a plea deal like we will let the tenno live but they must exiled to the void for good she might take it.

we are alone in the world and the only connections is a few. in the end we may have to put down the lotus or resign ourselves to defeat in some event.

personally, i aint going back to sleep prison!

She's not a mommy if we get exiled. She won't take the deal. And there's no reason for the Sentients to make a deal.