The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Heavy Spoilers] The Natah Quest Revelation (Now With Pictures)

Kaokasalis

they used lotus why not use her again against herself?

think on it for a minute; a true villian uses what he has and plans with it. but a true devil uses what his enemies have.

That makes absolutely no sense. The Sentients are clearly capable of independent thought. They can't just "use" Lotus. 

Darth Sidious + ankin = dead jedi and darth vader

Except Anakin wasn't an old Sith lord that betrayed the Sith to save the Jedi.

I want somebody to draw lotus and tenshin taking care of crying baby tenno now...

Now that you've said it, someone will.

ankin was a jedi; then darth sidious seduced him to betray the jedi order in to save his love. when darth sidious KNEW he couldnt save her.

in the end evil says what it needs to get its way. if the lotus is told something that can save the tenno but betrayed them it may happen.

it could be either the tenno surrender or die, to we will expose something fatal to the corpus and grineer.

in the end, the lotus may care for us but now she is a liability now and it may be a fatal one.

ankin was a jedi; then darth sidious seduced him to betray the jedi order in to save his love. when darth sidious KNEW he couldnt save her.

in the end evil says what it needs to get its way. if the lotus is told something that can save the tenno but betrayed them it may happen.

it could be either the tenno surrender or die, to we will expose something fatal to the corpus and grineer.

in the end, the lotus may care for us but now she is a liability now and it may be a fatal one.

We don't need saving. We're weapons of mass destruction.

We don't need saving. We're weapons of mass destruction.

even nukes have there limits and weakness. like there delivery system.

and in our effect: dojos, lisets, our encryption systems, our systems limitation, our built-in weakness, and of course communications systems.

also, stalker is immune to our powers. what do you think the sentients will have that is a pain to deal with?

even nukes have there limits and weakness. like there delivery system.

and in our effect: dojos, lisets, our encryption systems, our systems limitation, our built-in weakness, and of course communications systems.

also, stalker is immune to our powers. what do you think the sentients will have that is a pain to deal with?

Nothing, given that we beat the living hell out of them and the only way they could kill us was to trick us into going to sleep. Now we have a Sentient leading us and we've learned from our mistake. 

Nothing, given that we beat the living hell out of them and the only way they could kill us was to trick us into going to sleep. Now we have a Sentient leading us and we've learned from our mistake. 

and they had how many years to evolve? how many of ours did they kill and learn from? time has been against us. and our enemies are growing...can you feel the cold winds of war?

also, if lotus could wake us up then what is to say we wont be put back to sleep? she is a sentient and if they know her systems like she knows our then we are royally screwed.

and they had how many years to evolve? how many of ours did they kill and learn from? time has been against us. and our enemies are growing...can you feel the cold winds of war?

also, if lotus could wake us up then what is to say we wont be put back to sleep? she is a sentient and if they know her systems like she knows our then we are royally screwed.

Zero years. Did you not finish the quest? They let themselves die to end the war.

She also didn't force us to sleep, she convinced us to sleep.

Edited by Divair

but yet they are awakening?

death: cease to function. no revives. starts to decay.

sleep: not dead, can be awoken. 

they weren't dead: they just learned something from possum: playing dead.

Edited by helix.hex

I have to say, when first reading the spoilers, I hadn't been that emotionally confused since the time Henry got butchered in the middle of a park in broad daylight, in Mafia 2. Now I understand the true meaning of "Lotus is love", but what I don't understand, is the... Anatomy, for lack of a better term, of the Sentients, like why is she humanoid, but the Sentients in the trailer are, like, not anywhere near humanoid?

I have to say, when first reading the spoilers, I hadn't been that emotionally confused since the time Henry got butchered in the middle of a park in broad daylight, in Mafia 2. Now I understand the true meaning of "Lotus is love", but what I don't understand, is the... Anatomy, for lack of a better term, of the Sentients, like why is she humanoid, but the Sentients in the trailer are, like, not anywhere near humanoid?

termination:salvation

some units are made or evolve to look like the enemy to get closer to the enemy to destroy them from the inside.

but yet they are awakening?

death: cease to function. no revives. starts to decay.

sleep: not dead, can be awoken. 

they weren't dead: they just learned something from possum: playing dead.

One woke up. There's nothing to suggest others have done the same. And being asleep is just as detrimental to technological development as being dead. They have nothing new to counter us with.

Nanobots self-replicating cannot mutate.

What? Sure they can. Mutations are essentially replication errors. Unless your nanobot self-replication mechanism is completely perfect, there will ultimately be mutations to a greater or lesser extent. They can't reproduce sexually, but sexual reproduction isn't necessary for mutation - it developed in order to speed up mutation so as to produce a wider variety of traits which may or may not aid an organism in survival.

Bacteria can mutate, viruses can mutate. Neither of these life forms reproduce sexually.

2. Unknown. I have a theory that the Orokin, fearing the Sentients even after their success, especially if they had become Sentient in the time it took them to reach Tau, attempted to destroy them, prompting retaliation and the decision to destroy their creators; but it could just be the age-old "creation wants to kill creator" trope of Sci Fi.

Regor calls the sentient a liberator. He thinks the sentient freed the grineer from their (genetic?) programming.

What if the sentients made war on the orokin for the same reasons we make war on the grineer? Namely, "this empire is led by utter monsters."

What if the sentients... Are the good guys? The sounds they make (seriously, sneak up on a drone and don't scare it off - it almost sounds like some alien choir) and their visual design is vaguely angelic, to contrast the void demons that are tenno. What if we're the evil ones here? First stormtroopers fighting for the empire, then loot hungry mercenaries?

We don't know. Speculation is that the Sentients are some kind of adaptable organic robot.

One woke up. There's nothing to suggest others have done the same. And being asleep is just as detrimental to technological development as being dead. They have nothing new to counter us with.

one is enough for me plus if one awoken then it can signal to others.

lotus is able to get us in the void and even in places across the system. what isnt stopping a sentient from broadcasting a signal to awaken other sentients or worse: get a hold of the tau system?

So, Lotus is was an infiltrator? If we're using Terminator terms.

correct. infact it is a play from terminator salvation

T-unit made to be near human with all the fixings then it realizes what it is then betrays its kind to save those it cares about.

one is enough for me plus if one awoken then it can signal to others.

lotus is able to get us in the void and even in places across the system. what isnt stopping a sentient from broadcasting a signal to awaken other sentients or worse: get a hold of the tau system?

It wasn't a signal that activated it. The tomb was manually drilled into after years of Grineer construction underwater. Even if the current Sentient tried to wake other Sentients up (assuming they even exist and aren't dead/gone), it'd take time.