Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

17.0 + Controllers Feedback

Salenstormwing

Hi, I'm one of your friendly, neighborhood PC players who uses a controller. (Oooooh, I know, I'm Space Hitler or something.) Either way, needed to go over some things about how 17.0 plays on controllers.

1. You didn't unmap or remap all my controller mappings like you normally do. Thanks, DE. (Only some.)

2. I ran out of buttons on my controller. Secondary Fire was mapped to Right Stick Press, which meant I couldn't Crouch. And since I never use Secondary Fire, I subbed out Right Stick Press to Hold to Crouch instead. Everything else is pretty much used up. A is Jump, B is Reload, X is Context Interact, Y is Switch Weapons, L-Trigger is Aim, R-Trigger is Fire,  L-Bumper is Use Powers, R-Bumper is Melee, L-Stick press is Sprint, R-Stick press is Crouch, and my D-Pas has Powers, Markers, and Item Pop-up. No room, man. I would have made it X, but Context Use didn't like that.

3. Parkour 2.0 is fine, except for Bullet Jump. You have to look, crouch, and jump. You have to have Toggle Crouch on Right Stick, then press A, otherwise if you have Hold Right Stick to Crouch, you're SOL since A and Right Stick Press both require your right thumb. Might want to make right stick press default to Crouch.

4. That's it. I just wanted this to be more than 3 items. So... uh... Thanks for the new update. I'm trying not to sound upset. I'm just trying to make game control works as well on PC as it does on Consoles, and considering that the PC usually doesn't focus on Controllers, I'm glad it's not super broken as it normally ends up.

5. Oh, right. The training defaults to PC keyboard/mouse commands. Doesn't really help when I'm using a controller, and have no idea what Left-Shift does. Eventually figured it out, but didn't really thrill me that I had to figure it out on my own.

So yeah, Secondary Fire. If that's important, you might want to tell me the best way to map it, or something. Again, just a bit of feedback on the Controller side of the update.

Hmm, a different set of keybinds might help. I have everything I need mapped, and an extra button for if they add something else. I'll give my layout here and you can figure out if you do ,and don't like.

X:Reload/Context Action

Y:Swap Weapon

B: Toggle Crouch/Move Down(AW Only)

A: Jump.

RB: Melee/Quick Melee

LB: Power Menu

RT:Fire

LT: Aim

D-Pad Up: Item Wheel

D-Pad Right: Push to Talk

D-Pad Down: Place Marker

D-Pad Left: Item Quickslot 4*

Left Stick: Sprinting/Roll

Right Stick:Alt Fire

Start:Menu

Select:View Players*(or whatever you cal it when you bring up the other characters names and health/shields)

*All of these can be remapped since I don't really need them. Power Menu and making Context Action also reload frees up a lot of space. Just be careful around Void Lasers. ;)

X:Reload/Context Action

X can be mapped to Reload and Context Action at the same time? Hmm. That's probably where I'm losing a button then, since I have B mapped to reload. I suppose I could put Swap Crouch to B or put Alt-Fire on B, but hmm, still, just seems like you'd think that more than Reload could be placed on the same button as Context Action. Like Alt-Fire. That would work too. Eh, just a thought really.

X can be mapped to Reload and Context Action at the same time? Hmm. That's probably where I'm losing a button then, since I have B mapped to reload. I suppose I could put Swap Crouch to B or put Alt-Fire on B, but hmm, still, just seems like you'd think that more than Reload could be placed on the same button as Context Action. Like Alt-Fire. That would work too. Eh, just a thought really.

Can it? Because the game is completely refusing to let me bind them on the same button anymore and it's really messing me up.

Edit: Forgot there's an option to make context actions include reload.

Edited by LythronaxPrime

I have exactly the same config as OP here, binding the context action and reload together used to have some major drawbacks, so thats why i never used them. If reloading while moving you stop or slow down. I have killed my teammates in Void defence missions because when reloading I activated the lasers. I never used slide jump because coptering was a better equivalent. But now my frames have all 500 pounds added to them since  U 17 so coptering doesn"t exist anymore. The whole powerwheel is very cumbersome to use, I am definitely not going to use this. The only way i would use bullet jump ever, and not be *** annoyed like I am now, is when I will be able to bind keys to have different features when double tapping, or holding one while pressing an other. The new parcour is very frustrating to say the least, it feel incredibly slow, it might not be all that bad for new players (less than 1000 hours spend coptering ) but my whole clan is raging mad, except maybe 2 players. 

I used to be a space ninja just like you, then I took a parkour 2.0 to the knee.

Yeah, X for both reload and context is the default on PS4, but it sucks in void defense when you're inside the pod to stay safe but your have to reload, which accidentally kills your entire team because lasers. There should be an option to add a hold to controllers, so you could say 'X' and hold for .8 seconds will do something else. Then again, lasers are context actions, but that's always going to be a problem without full controller support.

Yeah, they need to make it so controllers can be configured more easily. Toggle-Crouch is best use for Controllers now, since at least you can Crouch then hit Jump to bullet jump.

Honestly, DE needs to do something like make a council for just Controller-based issues. Or make the current Player Council folks work this stuff out. But I doubt many Player Council folks use controllers.

Wish I saw this earlier, I would have added to it. I don't know if anyone else has this issue but, I can no longer open my power menu while running. (I think it's RB by defult, but I'm modified to LB). Other than that everything seems to be going great. 

If you use toggle crouch now, you will not be able to do flips or rolls

Uh, why not? I do all the time. Unless you mean something different by flips and rolls. Check my configuration earlier in this thread, it lets me do everything but use pwers while sprinting(which needs to be fixed). Supposedly unbinding, and rebinding can fix it. Not sure if it will work, but I'll give it a try.

If you bind toggle crouch to right thumbstick press, you cannot do flips, rolls etc. 

Ah, now I know your problem. You need a separate button for rolling if you only use the toggle crouch button. Try the setup I have in this thread, but modify it for your own comfort. Get back to me after trying that.