Parkour 2.0: 2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back.

The.Night.Wolf

Parkour 2.0 is welcome in my book. Players who are skilled at parkour outshine those who simply copter. However that disn't mean there aren't any problems.

1)Animations:

The whole hype I built around the new system was some type of fluidness, a way to really feel ninja. And in some senses I got that, I can latch onto walls and strafe back and forth, however some animations need a rework. An example would be the wall bunny hop. As far as I know, it's a wallrun exept it looks like you're warframe is pausing to fart every second, or maybe severely drunk. I like running on walls, not hopping like an old man over a room full of lego.

2)Fluidness

Now I'm sure most of my problems are simply not being used to the new system however I feel that there it feels a bit more complicated to execute on tilesets. In the pervious system there were many ways to get across, however I feel that there isn't any space to execute all these tricks, even in Spy. As a small PS, I'd also appreciate a change to the dojo parkour course.

3)Usefulness of Mobility Abilities

Now that there's parkour 2.0, a large worry I had came true. Parkour 2.0 burns mobility warframes, especially Zephyr-Senpai. 1st Ability? Nope. We have bullet jump, same goes for Vaubans Bounce, or Slash Dash.Passive Antigravity? Nope, aim glide is better. Maneuverability? Pfft, speed doesn't affect a thing. That brings me to my next point.

4)GoFast: aka Speed

As some complaints state, Parkour 2.0 is sort of slow. This is sort of like the 'vaulting over obstacles' problem where doing it killed the momentum of your frame. I feel this applies here. Wall run was affected by speed, so was wall flip and wall launch, and crouch jump, etc. I don't like the idea of more speed mods, I want my speed to affect my tricks in a way that shows.

In summary, this is a great addition to the game, however nothing is ever perfect. I think most complaints will die down if this is fixed. These are problems that stand out to me, these are the errors that stop me from feeling like a ninja.

TL;DR: No $&*&*#(%& bunny hop, adjust tile sets, spy and dojo course, fix mobility warframe abilities so they aren't useless, fix the speed of tricks so they don't kill momentum.

Edit 1) Please feedback, I don't want hate.

Edit 2) IMHO, Coptering is better locked away, it was a bug that people got dependant upon, true, everyone coptered. Though, that doesn't mean it should stay forever. Give DE a chance to clean up.

Edited by The.Night.Wolf

before u17 i liked to parkour, even those hidden void rooms that were really hard to reach were no problem, no coptering needed to have fun

it was enjoyable to slide jump and slide attack with weapons like dual cleavers or karyst to leap over big gaps in the tilesets but i never coptered like those slingshot movements

but now... its like my warframes are either super heavy or glued to any kind of surface, slide attacks and tonfas are useless, airmelee is dead, literally every enemy with a harpoon hits you (like before, no matter of your position),

i dont hate it but... its not what i expected it to be (because its even less useful now)

EDIT; typo

Edited by Nesodos

I do hate this update. It's literally ruined moving in this game for me. It no longer feels fast and hectic. It feels doddering and decrepit. Like growing old and not being able to run or jump like you used to. DE ruined this game for me.

Hush, no hate. You realise you make yourself sound stupid for calling a game ruined over something added one day ago. DE are not gods and do not always see problems with content, the best bet is to list the problems and ways to fix it, not say a game is ruined.

That's what it feels like to me. It feels like any other slow, lumbering shooter now. And no, it's not stupid to voice one's opinion on something. The way my Frames move is slow. Painfully slow. It's quite literally ruined playing the game for me. What if you were playing a game you liked and the developers suddenly removed a key aspect or changed something that fundamentally changed how the game plays. If you play LoL, picture Riot removing health items and only giving tanks armour and mr items. Or if you were playing a racing game and you suddenly couldn't change gears any more. Or playing an RTS game and you couldn't send units out from your base till they did a training course making you wait after you've build and paid for them. This update has ruined the game for me. End of story. 

Things I like about Parkour 2.0:

1. Double jump

2. Slow-mo dodges

3. Wall latching

4. Vaulting from one wall to another is more fluid

5. No coptering allowed

6. Running on zip lines

7. I'm not constantly vaulting backwards off of short walls I wanted to climb up

8. I can climb a lot higher than I could before

9. I feel like once I learn this system, there'll be many more mobility options open to me than the old system

Things I don't like about Parkour 2.0:

1. Wall hopping instead of wall running

2. Can no longer shoot while wall running

3. Can't throw my glaive while standing on a zip line

My bias is that I've been playing for only 2 months and I copter-ed like anyone else and loved it. However, this parkour 2.0 is amazing and has potential. For something that's only been online for 7-8, it's amazing that people can be so negative about it aside from the crying that a baby does when their blue lollipop is taken away and given a red one. The speed feels almost as fast as coptering and in some cases is much better.

That's what it feels like to me. It feels like any other slow, lumbering shooter now. And no, it's not stupid to voice one's opinion on something. The way my Frames move is slow. Painfully slow. It's quite literally ruined playing the game for me. What if you were playing a game you liked and the developers suddenly removed a key aspect or changed something that fundamentally changed how the game plays. If you play LoL, picture Riot removing health items and only giving tanks armour and mr items. Or if you were playing a racing game and you suddenly couldn't change gears any more. Or playing an RTS game and you couldn't send units out from your base till they did a training course making you wait after you've build and paid for them. This update has ruined the game for me. End of story.

^

|

| NEGATIVITY

|

My bias is that I've been playing for only 2 months and I copter-ed like anyone else and loved it. However, this parkour 2.0 is amazing and has potential. For something that's only been online for 7-8, it's amazing that people can be so negative about it aside from the crying that a baby does when their blue lollipop is taken away and given a red one. The speed feels almost as fast as coptering and in some cases is much better.

^

|

| POSITIVITY

|

Things I like about Parkour 2.0:

1. Double jump

2. Slow-mo dodges

3. Wall latching

4. Vaulting from one wall to another is more fluid

5. No coptering allowed

6. Running on zip lines

7. I'm not constantly vaulting backwards off of short walls I wanted to climb up

8. I can climb a lot higher than I could before

9. I feel like once I learn this system, there'll be many more mobility options open to me than the old system

Things I don't like about Parkour 2.0:

1. Wall hopping instead of wall running

2. Can no longer shoot while wall running

3. Can't throw my glaive while standing on a zip line

^

|

| APPROPRIATE FEEDBACK

|

First: Bullet jump is not in the same league as Tailwind.

Second: Zephyr benefits from aim glide moreso than other frames.

I'm not seeing a burned bird, anywhere.

No comment on the rest.

I swear the forums are bi-polar

First you want it

Then  you hate it

Then you want it

Then you hate it...

Would there be Lovers if there were no Haters?

People always have opinions, some are whining childish squeaks supported by a dogmatic conservative argument, or some are open informed comments that see potential.

First: Bullet jump is not in the same league as Tailwind.

Second: Zephyr benefits from aim glide moreso than other frames.

I'm not seeing a burned bird, anywhere.

No comment on the rest.

Zephyr was burdened with bugs and neglect from the begining and has so far barely recieved any help.

What I really like about Parkour 2.0 so far is that they didn't skip on making some basic actions actually responsive. With Parkour 1.0 you had to mash the space-bar three or four times to get the cogs in your Tenno's brain moving so they'll jump. But now you can double jump, Bullet jump while in the air to go even higher, and then immediately come back down with a slam attack to stun everything around you, all with no latency and no slowing down in mid-air. The same goes for rolling, I press Shift and my warframe doesn't wait a few extra seconds for that incoming grappling hook to reel me in. It truly is a beautiful thing!

The speed and responsiveness of some of the more advanced maneuvers does need work, that much I'll admit, but I feel like Parkour 2.0 sacrificed the ability to fling yourself across the map with a Tipedo for finesse, which I think is a fair trade. We're supposed to be ninjas, not race cars with guns strapped to them.

What I really like about Parkour 2.0 so far is that they didn't skip on making some basic actions actually responsive. With Parkour 1.0 you had to mash the space-bar three or four times to get the cogs in your Tenno's brain moving so they'll jump. But now you can double jump, Bullet jump while in the air to go even higher, and then immediately come back down with a slam attack to stun everything around you, all with no latency and no slowing down in mid-air. The same goes for rolling, I press Shift and my warframe doesn't wait a few extra seconds for that incoming grappling hook to reel me in. It truly is a beautiful thing!

The speed and responsiveness of some of the more advanced maneuvers does need work, that much I'll admit, but I feel like Parkour 2.0 sacrificed the ability to fling yourself across the map with a Tipedo for finesse, which I think is a fair trade. We're supposed to be ninjas, not race cars with guns strapped to them.

Aye, you're right at most points and I'll add in that it has a LOT of potential. However I also has its problems.

3)Usefulness of Mobility Abilities

Now that there's parkour 2.0, a large worry I had came true. Parkour 2.0 burns mobility warframes, especially Zephyr-Senpai. 1st Ability? Nope. We have bullet jump, same goes for Vaubans Bounce, or Slash Dash.Passive Antigravity? Nope, aim glide is better. Maneuverability? Pfft, speed doesn't affect a thing.

From the perspective of someone who nearly exclusively uses Zephyr for all high level content, Parkour 2.0 is actually a massive buff to all mobility frames, especially Zephyr.

Comparing bullet jumping to Tail Wind is like comparing a hang glider to a supersonic jet. Which one is going to get you to where you're going faster? The "rocket jump" version takes some of the usefulness out of Tail Winding straight up, but there's literally no situation in which I would ever want to Tail Wind straight up in the first place, even before Parkour 2.0.

Aim gliding actually stacks with Zephyr's lower gravity, meaning that Zephyr can aim glide better than any other frame. Her lower gravity also means that all parkour moves will propel you much further than they will for any other frame. Zephyr also has her air control passive, which massively benefits her parkour potential as well.

Then we have the real reason Parkour 2.0 buffs Zephyr: everyone is slower now. With the removal of coptering, our ability to get from point A to point B in a short amount of time has been drastically reduced. However, mobility abilities have not been changed at all. This means that mobility abilities actually increase your mobility by a greater amount than they used to. If you're slowed down, things that make you faster are more valuable.

Zephyr was burdened with bugs and neglect from the begining and has so far barely recieved any help.

While I can't reasonably say that this isn't true, I would say that it's a bit of an exaggeration. Zephyr's largest and most damaging bug was an issue with Turbulence that made it nearly worthless against hitscan weapons, but that was fixed U16.8.3. Zephyr still has some bugs, as many frames do, but she's still exceedingly powerful.

The #1 thing I want to see changed with Zephyr is an option to prevent the camera from massively zooming out every time you use Tail Wind or Dive Bomb. That's not a Zephyr-exclusive issue, but it certainly hurts Zephyr the worst out of all the affected frames. Press 1, instantly get motion sickness.

I have a 100% guarantee that you're reading this, DE. Fix it.